Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 11-22-2020, 02:07 PM #85
North Shore Shooter

Here come the PE fangirls, foaming at their mouths and raging that someone should dare say something negative about PE. I just love how salty they become while talking **** towards others. The PE online keyboard warriors are the worst, you all think so highly of themselves cause you run around with a PE. Yet you fans still can never be happy with PE makes.

Also, I never said PE stole the Dye Mags, I said they are most likely paying a royalty for using said design.
North Shore Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2020, 03:07 PM #86
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Lol, I designed for Dye and I consider Jack Wood a friend. Great guy. Dave and Billy at Dye feel the same way about him and the way PE runs their company. I certainly wouldn't consider myself a PE keyboard warrior, but PE is a class organization and good for the sport. I don't think the same about some other companies.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:18 PM #87
OLPB18

has been a member for 10 years
OLPB18 supports Shocker RSX
OLPB18 supports Ninja Paintball
OLPB18 supports Empire
I don't understand why anyone even cares they copied the gamma core even though there are a few differences mainly air volume but regardless I see it as a great thing because it's a proven design that works great and now shocker owners have that performance. Look, yes they copied it but again it wasn't a patented design so they can do that the only problem I see in this thread are people that are just mad cause PE did it first and they're PE fans well I have news for everyone PE copied the intimidator and made the ego which became a huge hit but no one has acknowledged that. I like PE and I like SP and I think the AMP is a fantastic step-up for them and I think we should all appreciate what they've done instead of scolding them. Everyone just needs to get along and stop whining and fighting.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:41 PM #88
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Obviously you've never had a good idea stolen.

DYE
Old 11-22-2020, 09:09 PM #89
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Shore Shooter View Post
Here come the PE fangirls, foaming at their mouths and raging that someone should dare say something negative about PE. I just love how salty they become while talking **** towards others. The PE online keyboard warriors are the worst, you all think so highly of themselves cause you run around with a PE. Yet you fans still can never be happy with PE makes.

Also, I never said PE stole the Dye Mags, I said they are most likely paying a royalty for using said design.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 11-22-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:32 AM #90
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Obviously you've never had a good idea stolen.
Someone stole my stupid internet persona (Bli11)and started making parody videos calling himself my illegitimate son or something (Bli12). I stumbled across them one day.

It was disturbing, does that count?

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:59 AM #91
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebone View Post
Someone stole my stupid internet persona (Bli11)and started making parody videos calling himself my illegitimate son or something (Bli12). I stumbled across them one day.

It was disturbing, does that count?
Does he even rap, bruh?

DYE
Old 11-23-2020, 09:01 AM #92
nicepants
I PLAY DPB

nicepants is a Supporting Member
nicepants plays in the PSP
nicepants plays in the APPA D3 division
Anyone else excited to see this thing shoot? For everyone sucking planet eclipse dick.... the reason they would buy this over a 170r is simple. Its a better looking gun. Its also lighter if im not mistaken. SHockers have been shooting straight since day 1. Sad to see so many haters out here.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:32 AM #93
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
Anyone else excited to see this thing shoot? For everyone sucking planet eclipse dick.... the reason they would buy this over a 170r is simple. Its a better looking gun. Its also lighter if im not mistaken. SHockers have been shooting straight since day 1. Sad to see so many haters out here.
HMMM. 170R
Better case
Better spares
Better ASA
Better eye system(including covers)
Better resale
Better (Cleaner) back cap.
Better company
$100 cheaper

Yeah, you're right
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:14 AM #94
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
HMMM. 170R
Better case
Better spares
Better ASA
Better resale
Better company
$100 cheaper

Yeah, you're right
5 of the 8 things you listed are really subjective.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:27 AM #95
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
5 of the 8 things you listed are really subjective.
This list then:

-$100 cheaper
-any big game or event you go to in the country will have tech support there
-the screens and boards dont have issues
-better customer service, typically replace most parts free of charge
-didn't steal their engine design, the engineer/designer who actually made the design is normally the guy you want to go to for support
-resale won't be dead every year/18 months when the next platform comes out like SP
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:53 AM #96
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
HMMM. 170R
Better case
Better spares
Better ASA
Better resale
Better company
$100 cheaper

Yeah, you're right
Only one of those things is a cold hard fact. Resale might fall into that category eventually because PE generally has pretty good resale value but on a gun nobody has in their hands yet that's going to be pretty hard to call it anything other than an opinion for a while. Still if I'm trying to decide between the two there isn't enough there for me to spend the extra $100 for the Shocker. I mean it's the same price as a DSR and I don't really see any compelling reason to buy it over a DSR.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:14 PM #97
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Other that looks and ergonomics which are subjective I'd be interested to hear from SP or anyone who is planning on buying this gun on what they think this does better than the 170R from a performance standpoint.

Last edited by Intern1 : 11-23-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:06 PM #98
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I’m sure it’s a better blender!
Old 11-24-2020, 01:17 AM #99
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
Other that looks and ergonomics which are subjective I'd be interested to hear from SP or anyone who is planning on buying this gun on what they think this does better than the 170R from a performance standpoint.
I think the AMP will end up being better on the mechanical side of things, when you convert them. Other then that I got nothing. But Iím pretty much only getting an AMP just for the mech side of it.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ speedball ]
-CS2PRO w/Mech Frame, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:26 AM #100
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
What about the mech option will be better? How easy it will be to switch from mech to electric, or mech performance?

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:35 AM #101
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
My guess is it will have a lighter faster trigger than the stock M170r trigger given the speed wars people seem to be interested in. At least they were smart enough to copy an engine design vastly superior for mech play then their old engine.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:42 AM #102
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
What about the mech option will be better? How easy it will be to switch from mech to electric, or mech performance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
My guess is it will have a lighter faster trigger than the stock M170r trigger given the speed wars people seem to be interested in. At least they were smart enough to copy an engine design vastly superior for mech play then their old engine.
Basically what Kevin said^. If my paintball math is remotely close, then yeah the CC AMP should be the winner vs the M170r. I really like my M170r but the current CVO with the Adrenaline frame, which is a must have upgrade imo, just works better ( itís faster and has a more responsive shot ) and feels better in the hands.The CC will probably be faster and even more responsive then the CVO without needing to buy an Adrenaline frame for it.

The ability to switch back and forth from electric to mech will only be advantageous if I like the electric version. Otherwise I plan on just keeping it mech once the frame becomes available. But that quick and easy modular feature looks pretty good if weíre being honest... Being able to switch to one version in under a minute will end up being a standard feature that we will want from now on. Thatís my guess at least.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ speedball ]
-CS2PRO w/Mech Frame, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, CTRL Loader, and Dye UL-S Barrel. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:54 AM #103
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Judging from this video it looks much easier than the XLS/CVO.
https://youtu.be/2xbfuGC8sP0
Old 11-24-2020, 10:45 AM #104
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Basically what Kevin said^. If my paintball math is remotely close, then yeah the CC AMP should be the winner vs the M170r. I really like my M170r but the current CVO with the Adrenaline frame, which is a must have upgrade imo, just works better ( itís faster and has a more responsive shot ) and feels better in the hands.The CC will probably be faster and even more responsive then the CVO without needing to buy an Adrenaline frame for it.

The ability to switch back and forth from electric to mech will only be advantageous if I like the electric version. Otherwise I plan on just keeping it mech once the frame becomes available. But that quick and easy modular feature looks pretty good if weíre being honest... Being able to switch to one version in under a minute will end up being a standard feature that we will want from now on. Thatís my guess at least.
I think its more of opinion on which frame is better. I disagree that the quick switch will become a standard feature among markers. I just don't see much utility in saving 1 minutes total switching over frames, and I cant ever see needing to do that in the middle of the day.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:15 PM #105
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post

I disagree. If the only advantage the AMP has over the M170r is the speed of pulling the trigger and getting a few bps advantage over a stock M170r, then the overall advantage would still heavily lean toward the M170r. With inexpensive after marker valves, you easily keep up with CVOs even with the Adrenaline frame and I suspect the AMP once the mech frame is available later in the spring.

As for the ease of switching between mech and electric, nothing beats having all electronics in the grip frame like the M170r and CS2. The mech frame includes the three-way so it is as simple as removing two screws and putting the new frame on. If that is reduced to a single screw, it is not really an improvement to me, especially if I have to remove pieces off the body as part of the swap.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.