ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-21-2019, 12:03 AM #85
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
If you think that... You're 10 ply bud..
Take about 10% off there Squirrely Dan...
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2019, 07:33 AM #86
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
Take about 10% off there Squirrely Dan...
That's a Texas Sized 10-4.

Letterkenny quotes and joking g aside, I think the softening of the sport actually took away some of it's attraction value. What used to be considered an "extreme sport" category now has such a low rate of fire that even the most out of shape, skill lacking players can make the big moves. Uncapped semi isn't that difficult to monitor with today's technology and it makes for some really exciting games and some actual skill required to shoot fast (if done legally). I honestly don't think much of the newer generation would have the fingers for it for a while.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:26 AM #87
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
That's a Texas Sized 10-4.

Letterkenny quotes and joking g aside, I think the softening of the sport actually took away some of it's attraction value. What used to be considered an "extreme sport" category now has such a low rate of fire that even the most out of shape, skill lacking players can make the big moves. Uncapped semi isn't that difficult to monitor with today's technology and it makes for some really exciting games and some actual skill required to shoot fast (if done legally). I honestly don't think much of the newer generation would have the fingers for it for a while.
Semi is fun, but I'd be happy with any increase to RoF.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:38 AM #88
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
Semi is fun, but I'd be happy with any increase to RoF.
I thought 15 bps ramping was the funnest/most extreme paintball I have played. It was painful on occasion, but about 3 times the adrenaline rush I get running to a bunker these days. The downside is you had to be real quick to make a corner or the snake. Was definitely not an old mans format although you could still get away with a few slow guys if you placed them on the field well.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 AM #89
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

is playing at Living Legends XI
euphoria526 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
euphoria526 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ramping has always been the worst move in my book.
Make it capped semi10 bps and people still wonít be able to hit max bps. Since itís been lowered I donít know why we are keeping ramping in tournament format. Itís lame and makes people sit in their bunkers and shoot at a lower door anyways, which to me makes for the most boring tournament format this sport has ever seen. I canít be the only one who gets bored after watching this crap for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. Point after point of no real big moves and the only chance you have is by chance knocking them out at the break. Lame.
Bring back flag games that make you pull clutch moves instead of angling out your opponent.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:33 AM #90
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yeah, the Ion and it’s low price and putting ramping in the hands of everyone is what ruined paintball, then the recession took most everything else...

I agree that there is no skill with ramping and wouldn’t mind semiauto.

It should be capped for fields and lower divisions though IMO.

If we go back to a higher BPS then I’m afraid we will scare more people off.

It’s hard enough getting people with their own markers to play Airball NXL points with us...

They have top level equipment but see teams practicing and get scared to jump in. I’m not even on a team, but I’m trying to get better so I’ll play with anyone. However, I see people scared to play all the time.

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 03-21-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:04 PM #91
AimHigherV5

AimHigherV5 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
JACK , I just seen a Facebook post about planet eclipse tech being at the UPL local series on March 24th . Can you pass the word down so he doesn’t forget his laptop and usb cable for the update . I can’t seem to get it to work.
AimHigherV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:42 PM #92
Syngraves923
Big Guy Little Bunker

Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Syngraves923 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Yeah, the Ion and itís low price and putting ramping in the hands of everyone is what ruined paintball
The Ion and its low price is what got me into tournament paintball and the stock board in it never had ramping... It had semi, 3 shot burst, and full auto.

Swapped the trigger out for a blade and learned to walk it in semi way back then.

Do i like ramping? yes and no. Yes because ROF is one less thing I need to worry about during a point. No, because it completely eliminates a skill that player would need to practice to be a viable asset on the field.

TBH I havent tried off hand trigger walking in semi in years because the only times I play in semi are during recball and big games so I know I cant hit any crazy fast ROF in semi anymore lol
Old 03-21-2019, 03:55 PM #93
nuklhead

What ruined paintball is prima donna's walking around thinking they are owed something. I went to help at a tryout 2 years after I took a break, and saw fat kids yelling at skinny kids to run more ... I walked away. People is what ruins the sport not the tools.
nuklhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:54 PM #94
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BIG T25 plays in the APPA D1 division
Very interesting that a lot of people are saying paintball is “ruined”. I personally don’t think it’s ruined at all. I actually think the state of the game is the best it’s ever been aside from the fact that full xball matches are no longer a thing. You can get a quality reliable gun for much cheaper, field layouts are much more interesting than they used to be, coaching is gone which allows for for dynamic moves, the player ranking system has had time to amass player data which prevents a lot of sandbagging etc.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:08 PM #95
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngraves923 View Post
The Ion and its low price is what got me into tournament paintball and the stock board in it never had ramping... It had semi, 3 shot burst, and full auto.

Swapped the trigger out for a blade and learned to walk it in semi way back then.

Do i like ramping? yes and no. Yes because ROF is one less thing I need to worry about during a point. No, because it completely eliminates a skill that player would need to practice to be a viable asset on the field.

TBH I havent tried off hand trigger walking in semi in years because the only times I play in semi are during recball and big games so I know I cant hit any crazy fast ROF in semi anymore lol
Exactly, ramping takes any skill out of triggorwork. Evening the playing field to make it ďfairĒ Is the same thing as giving kids participation awards for being alive. It doesnít make any sense and gives people a false sense of their abilities.
Maybe they should bring back limited bps semi. We will see where some of the skill is then. Imho it should very much so be considered part of the game as a skill and ďnot having to worry about itĒ is a lame excuse to use ramping, you should be worried about being able to reach those rofís imo. Thatís why we created these electro space guns to begin with. To shoot faster. Not to flip a switch and keep up 3bps for a 10.5 string. Thatís not talent at all, thatís just cheating.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:39 AM #96
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimHigherV5 View Post
JACK , I just seen a Facebook post about planet eclipse tech being at the UPL local series on March 24th . Can you pass the word down so he doesnít forget his laptop and usb cable for the update . I canít seem to get it to work.
I'll pass on the message.

If you are having issues programming it will almost certainly be the cable. Needs to be high quality, shielded, fully featured USB cable. Not just a cheap charging cable.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:14 AM #97
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
I'll pass on the message.

If you are having issues programming it will almost certainly be the cable. Needs to be high quality, shielded, fully featured USB cable. Not just a cheap charging cable.
Since you're not actively denying what I said earlier about the LV2 I'm going to assume that means it is already in late R&D stages
Old 03-22-2019, 10:53 AM #98
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria526 View Post
Exactly, ramping takes any skill out of triggorwork. Evening the playing field to make it “fair” Is the same thing as giving kids participation awards for being alive. It doesn’t make any sense and gives people a false sense of their abilities.
This is one of the most disconnected opinions I have ever read on this site. If you think there is even a single good player who is only good because of ramping, you are sorely mistaken. And if you think a bad player would be good if we went back to semi, you are even more sorely mistaken. Ramping literally LIMITS rate of fire. Literally every player I know is able to shoot a semi-auto paintball gun faster than 10BPS. On top of that, it's not at all about making it fair for people who can't pull the trigger as fast as others. It's about making it fair for people who don't have cheater boards or bouncing triggers.

Last edited by BIG T25 : 03-22-2019 at 01:01 PM.
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:30 PM #99
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T25 View Post
This is one of the most disconnected opinions I have ever read on this site. If you think there is even a single good player that is only good because of ramping, you are sorely mistaken. And if you think a bad player would be good if we went back to semi, you are even more sorely mistaken. Ramping literally LIMITS rate of fire. Literally every player I know is able to shoot a semi-auto paintball gun faster than 10BPS. On top of that, it's not at all about making it fair for people who can't pull the trigger as fast as others. It's about making it fair for people who don't have cheater boards or bouncing triggers.
This. Some people just don't understand.

I say just cap it at 10 or 12 or whatever, but let them choose their trigger/board setup. Semi, full auto, ramp... just cap it.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:48 PM #100
ChrisG75

ChrisG75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertstatic View Post
Quote:
This is one of the most disconnected opinions I have ever read on this site. If you think there is even a single good player that is only good because of ramping, you are sorely mistaken. And if you think a bad player would be good if we went back to semi, you are even more sorely mistaken. Ramping literally LIMITS rate of fire. Literally every player I know is able to shoot a semi-auto paintball gun faster than 10BPS. On top of that, it's not at all about making it fair for people who can't pull the trigger as fast as others. It's about making it fair for people who don't have cheater boards or bouncing triggers.
This. Some people just don't understand.

I say just cap it at 10 or 12 or whatever, but let them choose their trigger/board setup. Semi, full auto, ramp... just cap it.
Exactly. This glorification of triggering skills is Bull****. It’s just practice, nothing more. And there are countless ways to practice even without an actual gun in your hand.

As for what is possible? I remember that I was able to reach 10-12 BPS the first time I picked up an electro pneumatic marker. And i have very big hands, so I’m not gifted with nimble fingers. Learning to walk a trigger really fast is simply way easier than some people make it.

Don’t get me wrong, I too long for the good ole days, but because of the attitude, not because I think people had more skills back then. They (we) hadn’t!
ChrisG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:07 PM #101
PlaguePB

PlaguePB owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
PlaguePB supports Shocker RSX
PlaguePB supports Ninja Paintball
Anyone see a thread about a firmware update around here?

Drinking team with a Paintball problem.
PlaguePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:45 PM #102
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaguePB View Post
Anyone see a thread about a firmware update around here?
Yup... Download the latest software if you are a tournament player. After that, if you have an opinion on the root source of the issue...express it. If not, carry on..
Old 03-23-2019, 04:26 PM #103
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

Quote:
This is one of the most disconnected opinions I have ever read on this site. If you think there is even a single good player who is only good because of ramping, you are sorely mistaken. And if you think a bad player would be good if we went back to semi, you are even more sorely mistaken. Ramping literally LIMITS rate of fire. Literally every player I know is able to shoot a semi-auto paintball gun faster than 10BPS. On top of that, it's not at all about making it fair for people who can't pull the trigger as fast as others. It's about making it fair for people who don't have cheater boards or bouncing triggers.
Exactly. You are proving my point.
They NEED it to fend against cheater boards, they NEEDramping to make it even. if they didnít need ramping the game would be different imho.
I also never said that it made people better, I said it takes the skill out of knowing how to shoot fast. Period. The boards can be limited without ramping, still being limited. Ramping is just an excuse to have any automatic firing mode and be lazy.
I get that it takes the thought out of it, and that is my point. Make it something that the player hasto think about in the time when itís hard to think about it. Make it a challenge again instead of ramping, that **** slowed the game down imho.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:27 PM #104
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

^I agree totally.

Ramping is an excuse for people that can’t shoot fast.

When I first came back last year I started playing using semiauto uncapped lol. People thought I was shooting 15 BPS ramping lol. I was like: “no, semi uncapped, but if you want I’ll change my settings” LOL

I found out everyone was ramping but only at 10.5...

I find that I shoot 50% more paint when using ramping even at 10.5 BPS than when I do playing uncapped semi. When I first came back I could get by with a case a day of play, now I need a case and a half...
Old 03-23-2019, 11:57 PM #105
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria526 View Post
Exactly. You are proving my point.
They NEED it to fend against cheater boards, they NEEDramping to make it even. if they didnít need ramping the game would be different imho.
I also never said that it made people better, I said it takes the skill out of knowing how to shoot fast. Period. The boards can be limited without ramping, still being limited. Ramping is just an excuse to have any automatic firing mode and be lazy.
I get that it takes the thought out of it, and that is my point. Make it something that the player hasto think about in the time when itís hard to think about it. Make it a challenge again instead of ramping, that **** slowed the game down imho.
The NPPL had capped semi and it still could be exploited by setting up triggers to bounce. So you still had a situation where the people who rigged their guns to shoot faster had an advantage. Donít get me wrong, i would be all for a true semi mode if it were possible, but itís been proven time and time again that itís not. the PSPís ďTrue semiĒ wasnít exploitable but it also had a lot of drawbacks as you could actually end up shooting slower by pulling the trigger too fast. Ramping might not be ideal but itís the best solution to this problem. And i think youíre really overstating the drawbacks of ramping. Even if a true semi auto mode was possible, i think there would be almost no effect on the current game from implementing it. .

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.