Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2021, 05:27 PM #1
_sheldor_

Clone v2 w/ VX bolt breaking paint

Picked up this classic beauty a while back from someone at a field for a steal, and the thing just seemed to break paint way too often. At least every other pod or two it ended up breaking a ball. I ended up putting the thing down and just using something else. I picked it up again recently and still the same problem, any chance someone might have an explanation for this? I use a dye rotor with the tension relatively low and a ninja tank set to low pressure. Detents seem to be just fine as well and it chronos +- 5-10 fps around 280
_sheldor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2021, 06:11 PM #2
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
What detents do you have in it? I'm guessing they're old and stiff and are likely your main contributor.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:29 PM #3
_sheldor_

I was thinking that was possible, it wouldnt cost me much to order a new set. They don't seem too terribly stiff to me but it's the only gun with nub style detents I own so I have nothing to compare to
Old 03-01-2021, 10:23 PM #4
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
If you've got the rubber fingers, they're likely dry and stiff at this point and are in need of replacement. Order some new ones first - might as well order a few pairs since they are wear items.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:59 PM #5
_sheldor_

They've been ordered, I suppose I'll be backin a week or two with the verdict on that. It's a nice shooting gun, would love to get that issue fixed
Old 04-27-2021, 08:43 PM #6
_sheldor_

Just thought I'd update incase anyone ever finds there way to this thread with a similar problem, new detents fixed the issue. 2 cases of paint in and haven't broken a single ball. The teeth on the ones I got were much shorter then what was in it, I'm guessing that was the issue