Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-28-2018, 07:13 AM #1
Coachivan189

DSR Trigger Spring

I made the mistake of taking off my spring on my DSR Trigger when I switched it and I was wondering where can I get a replacement?
Coachivan189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2018, 07:38 AM #2
ironyusa

has been a member for 10 years
ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Just give the office a call and they should be able to manage getting you a spring.

METHOD Development
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:13 AM #3
Coachivan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Just give the office a call and they should be able to manage getting you a spring.
John, I’ve tried emailing the office and I haven’t heard back. Is their any way you can help me with the trigger spring? 🙏🏼
Old 01-01-2019, 02:00 AM #4
Turbo9922

It's the holidays. I'm sure someone will get back to you soon.
Spire III- Black
Ninja 77/45 - Green
PE Rain Jersey - Black
PBRack Flow pants- Black
Vforce Grillz - Black
Turbo9922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:45 PM #5
ironyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachivan189 View Post
John, I’ve tried emailing the office and I haven’t heard back. Is their any way you can help me with the trigger spring? 🙏🏼
Unfortunately, I don't think I have any spares at my location. Try calling back tomorrow and if you still don't get any help then reach out to me again via PM with all your contact info and I'll handle it.

METHOD Development
Old 01-01-2019, 05:47 PM #6
Coachivan189

Great, thank you! Also... in your opinion do you prefer the spring on the trigger or without?
Old 01-01-2019, 08:37 PM #7
Dr Furtrix

is playing at Living Legends XI
I just wanted to share this in case you're a trigger nutjob like I am. I didn't like the range of trigger pull weight offered by the factory DSR trigger spring. I found myself backing it nearly all the way out, or removing it completely. The only thing I didn't like about no spring was that the DYE trigger wells are very tight to the trigger body in comparison to say, SP, which leaves like I swear 1/8" on either side of the trigger to help avoid this. Unfortunately, SP's method allows a much larger gap for paint, so idk what's better necessarily. Any side to side play in the DSR trigger will cause friction between the trigger/frame, and this makes the pull weight inconsistent. Pulling the trigger perfectly straight back, fine. In a competitive environment shooting at odd angles, or hitting the trigger slightly from the side and you'll see what I mean.

It is extremely easy to make the DSR trigger magnetic. With the right magnets, you get a very light trigger pull, that is smoother than a spring in my opinion and most out there, and can be made as snappy as you want without that sort of gritty feeling of a sprung trigger. This also makes it very easy to eliminate any concern over trigger bounce if this applies to you.

Epoxy, the two magnets pictured, and about an hour time. Wow do I LOVE my DSR trigger now. I'll put it this thing up against anything now. PM if interested. I can't seem to take low enough resolution pictures on my phone to post here (sorry).

Magnets I used were from K&J Magnetics, and cost like $10 with shipping.
-Frame magnet P/N: D31 (3/16" x 1/16" N42, NI), gets epoxied in the spring pocket at that slot at the back. It's funny, the damn thing fits perfectly.
-Trigger magnet P/N: DH11 (1/10" x 1/16" N42, NO). This one just gets epoxied at the tip of that top silver screw.
*Make sure you scuff up the magnet/screw/pocket area to be epoxied, clean it up, and let the epoxy set up for a 4-5 minutes before you try so that it sticks.
*Make sure you have the magnet polarity right so they repel each other before you epoxy them in or you'll be remarkably disappointed lol.
Dr Furtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:50 PM #8
Dr Furtrix

Just a point of clarification. What I didn't like about NO spring wasn't on the pull, but the return. If you're hammering that trigger at an angle, adding just a touch of force to the microswitch makes the return more consistent. It's like when the trigger/frame come into contact with one another, that little extra force helps snap back smoother on the release. Consistency in the trigger makes it easier for me to get in that semi rhythm.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:43 AM #9
ironyusa

Awesome post(s). The reason we make it so tight is to reduce paint getting through.

I'd be interested in seeing pics. Upload them to imgur or something and then post the direct links in image tags.

METHOD Development
Old 01-10-2019, 10:29 AM #10
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
This magnetic trigger idea is great! Ill order up some magnets today.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:22 PM #11
Dr Furtrix

Yeah, sorry guys I haven't been able to get pictures setup. You want the 3/16 x 3/16" for the spring well (NOT the 3/16 x 1/16). Initially I went with the 1/16, but after trying both, the larger magnet let's you make it as stiff or as light as you could ever want. The only difference in install is this must go in the same way as the spring (through the trigger well). I'll post the correct part numbers this evening.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 PM #12
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Awesome! Good thing I didn't place the order yet!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:25 AM #13
ironyusa

I need to check if one of these from the axe would work in the trigger: http://www.jtpaintballparts.com/1756...-p/gp13224.htm

METHOD Development
Old 01-11-2019, 01:53 PM #14
Dr Furtrix

Here you go fellas. Picture link below (thanks Irony). You need two magnets. Again, save yourself some heartache and make sure your polarity is correct.

P/N: D33 (3/16 x 3/16") epoxied at yhe back of the spring slot
P/N: DH11 (1/10" x 1/16") expoxied on the screw that previously compressed the spring.

Here's a picture. Yeah yeah yeah, it could have been done cleaner..... It's hidden so there's that.

DYE DSR Magnetic Trigger Mod https://imgur.com/gallery/kZrNtyC
Old 01-11-2019, 01:58 PM #15
Dr Furtrix

Irony, hell that'd be even easier if it was the right thread/length. I have an Axe at home that I can cannibalize Monday when I return.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 PM #16
SynystrAssassin
BoostGod

SynystrAssassin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SynystrAssassin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Furtrix View Post
Any side to side play in the DSR trigger will cause friction between the trigger/frame, and this makes the pull weight inconsistent.
The friction is actually one of the few/the biggest gripe for me on the DSR. I play semi usually and the rub drives me nuts. I was finicking with the screw that holds the trigger in place and found a sweet spot where it doesn’t rub on either side. Took the screw back out, applied loctite (because before, the screw would move after testing out the trigger and would go right back to rubbing), and sweetspotted it again. Now my trigger is as smooth as can be.
SynystrAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:26 AM #17
ironyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Furtrix View Post
Irony, hell that'd be even easier if it was the right thread/length. I have an Axe at home that I can cannibalize Monday when I return.
Did you ever try this?

METHOD Development
Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 PM #18
Dr Furtrix

Sorry chief. I would, but I sold my 2.0 that very weekend! It had to be done. I needed to fund a soft tip bolt and flex can

ANS has them for $1.95 I see. Next time I swing into my local pro shop I'll ask if I can borrow one for the night to check it out. That'd be a real nice solution if it works.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:13 PM #19
Dr Furtrix

I've been wanting a matching Slap for my M3 anyway so I ordered an axe trigger screw. I'll let you guys know if it works. Based on the screw I recall on my 2.0, I'm doubting you'd have much of a pull strength adjustment range. If I recall, the DSR screw is longer, so you may need a longer magnet in the spring pocket to compensate. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:46 PM #20
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Ordered a bunch of the magnets you recommended. The repelling strength of the pair is amazing. I can set the trigger up to be incredibly snappy.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:50 PM #21
jubsz

Thank you for the magnetic tips! Magnets ordered, looking forward to installing.

Has anyone tried with one of the printed plastic triggers? I have the BW21 trigger and I like the design of it. I don't like the overall trigger pull and am trying to figure out if it's the spring or the plastic vs. metal trigger.
jubsz is offline   Reply With Quote