Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2021, 07:50 PM #1
[email protected]

What size tank on Emek for teen

Looking for what size tank I should get my 13 year old son. He's 5' currently. I was looking at the Ninja 45/4500 for him. Would you recommend this tank or the 45/6800? Thanks.
ejc204@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2021, 09:39 PM #2
killer_ghost
Bafinity Options!

has been a member for 10 years
He's 13, might hit a crazy growth spurt and then find out his setup is not as comfortable anymore. Resale value is better on 68 and 77/80ci tanks. These days a 68/45 is really not much bigger than a 45/45 these days and ever so slightly wider. Lite and SL tanks from Ninja specifically. And if going to a 68 might as well just go up to a 77 since that's about 1-1/2 inches longer than the 45/45 (bigger capacity, almost same size).

TLDR: I'd go minimum 68, max 77

"If you can be a good pod runner, you can be a good samaritan." - Highest paid pod runner in the country
killer_ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:48 PM #3
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
I use a 45/45 on mine most of the time. You should see 800+ shots off it with a 3.8kish fill. It balances well with the pals hopper.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:04 PM #4
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'd go with a 45/4500, if and when he does hit a growth spurt you can always get a tank/reg extender.
ChuckLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:07 PM #5
killer_ghost
Bafinity Options!

45/45 + reg extender is the best option. I completely forgot about those.

"If you can be a good pod runner, you can be a good samaritan." - Highest paid pod runner in the country
killer_ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:19 AM #6
Garrett_1

Ninja 45/4500 is what I run, same length as a 68ci tank but smaller diameter, and should be plenty for recball. I'm tall so I have an extension on it too. I personally would not like a 77 or larger tank, but thats my style.
Garrett_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:01 AM #7
cyberpyr8
Instagram:@evil_paintball

cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I run a peanut 45/4500 on all my guns and I'm 5'11. The small tank on the Emek is fine since they are great on air. All too many times I see younger kids running the 3000 steel tanks and can't hardly hold the gun right because of the size and weight. Get a used small tank with a few years hydro and then if they grow get them a larger tank. Unless you are shooting tons of pods per game, you don't need a bigger tank on an Emek.
Markers: PE Emek w/FLE | Etha 2 w/FLE | Punisher XLS #19 | Proto Rize Maxxed | Classic Automag | Gog eNMy
Gear: 16" Sly Barrel Kit | [2] 48/4500 Tanks | Splash and Black/Gray CTRL Hoppers
Clothing: CRBN X Push Masks | Exalt Bounce Cap | Push/CK/Hype Headbands | Carbon SC Shirt
| CK 2021 REMUS Pants (Winter) | CK Halen Joggers (Summer) | Salomon XA Pro 3D Shoes | Exalt Death Grip Gloves | Jerseys Clinic 2021 HyperLight Jersey | HK Eject Fire Pod Pack
Extra Weight: Akaso V50 Pro SE Camera and Case | HK Mask Mounts | PE Rolling Bag | Guru Gun Stands | Mad Fuego Barrel Socks | Husky 37in. Rolling Box
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA

Last edited by cyberpyr8 : 09-15-2021 at 07:20 AM.
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:07 PM #8
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

A 68/4500 SL tank would be about right. A 45 these days is too small for basically anyone and when he hits a growth spurt you'll be looking for a larger tank lol
Old 09-17-2021, 11:34 AM #9
iNeednewGear

general rule of thumb
when you screw a tank into the gun, while holding the gun and your arm straight out the tank should just reach your elbow pit thing.
Screw the tank into the gun and hold the gun with 1 hand and your under forearm facing up. Also because of his age you should factor in how much and how fast hes going to grow
Hope this helps I know I worded it weird
iNeednewGear is offline   Reply With Quote