Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2019, 12:45 AM #1
Send1tt

Found my old Dark Angel 2k2

Hey everyone new to the forums after the desire to start playing again and decided to go digging for my old gun and actually found it and it looks pretty darn good still. Charger is nowhere to be found and to be honest not sure it owuld even power up but man was this a cool gun in it's day. Remember going with my dad to Warped Sportz to pick it up.

What are my options for this now? Is there somewhere I can send it and have it refurbished and maybe the electronics updated? Or do people buy these? Been looking at buying a new gun and not surprised to see paintballgear is no longer a website so I went and looked at ans and all the guns look the same. I'd be okay buying a $1500 gun but are they any better than a $1000 gun or a $500 gun?

Anyways I'm an old man now but wouldn't mind seeing if I still have a few head first slides in me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wykUl3j
Send1tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2019, 08:25 AM #2
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Send it to Brad https://www.eastcoastangel.com

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 09:23 AM #3
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

is playing at Living Legends XI
euphoria526 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
euphoria526 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Most people will ask what level you plan on playing lol
Send it to eastcoastangel.
Brad took care of me and my angel shoots real nice now. I would opt to switch out for the Enoch board over the stock WDP board. It has all and any firing mode on it, easier to switch modes and rof’s. Plus Brad does an amazing job getting them cleaned up and ready to rock n roll. Can even put eyes on it if you really wanted to.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:50 PM #4
Clues

Clues owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There is still decent angel support out there, as much as it can be given APS is long dead. Brad is obviously great and there are a few others who either make parts or can service.

https://www.pbsports.com/collections...intball-sports
bought the remaining stock of angel parts when APS shutdown so for older angels they might have some replacement parts if needed.

Angels vs new markers?

Most modern stuff looks the same because it basically is. There are two designs, poppit and spool but these days they both come in a single tube design. The improvements are almost entirely around simplicity and reliability. They've unified the valve and bolt systems and there really aren't rams hitting valves in anything modern. This results in less parts, simple disassembly (modern markers can pull the whole drive out and have a clear line from back of the tube to the barrel) and higher reliability. Efficientcy will be better than an older angel but that's not super relevant until your shooting several pods a game in a big game.

I love the mini gs. at $330 it's hard to beat. From that price point up you're really just looking at nice to have features. ex: tool-less disassembly (luxe), better eye access for cleaning / exchange (axe, dye, luxe, etc) OLED screens (dye, etc), slightly different frame lengths and cute stuff like wireless charging and rechargable batteries.

There are opinions on spool vs. poppit depending on playing conditions but my sense is it's pretty minor one way or the other.
Clues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:26 AM #5
EastCoastAngel
Angel tune up and service

EastCoastAngel is playing at Living Legends IX
EastCoastAngel supports Ninja Paintball
We can Help you out.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
EastCoastAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:23 AM #6
Send1tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastAngel View Post
We can Help you out.
Sent you guys an email on your website. Definitely going to have this thing totally dialed back in. Not sure I'll play with it but would love to have it working. Probably buy one fo the newer Dye Matrixes just because DYE is a brand that existed when I played and it's a brand I know and trust.

Whats the deal with masks not having vizors anymore? Miss my old Flex-7 IZE haha.
Send1tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:47 AM #7
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
IMHO you are better off with something Planet Eclipse....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:17 PM #8
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The new Dye markers are just as reliable as P.E. and have better shot quality...

The Bunkerkings CMD has a built in mini-visor. I love mine.

You can put other visors on various other masks. Atlas makes a visor for Dye masks. Virtue has a visor for their masks and HK Army just came out with one for the KLR mask.