PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2019, 01:32 PM #1
paintball4013
arg

has been a member for 10 years
05 Angel Speed Solenoid Leak

Hey guys I just rebuild my angel 05 speed.

I gassed it up and now have a slight tiny leak coming from the solenoid area at the top. I took it apart again and greased the gaskets and put them back in to no avail.

Any other ideas what may be causing a small leak in the solenoid area?

Thanks so much guys
paintball4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Make sure the solenoid clamp screw is not too tight. Often people will crank down on it to prevent a leak, which ironically will have the opposite effect. Hand tight is fine, and inserting the long end of the hex key into the clamp screw and turning with the small end will help to prevent over-leveraging.

You may also want to double check the screws holding the solenoid body to the coil. If they become loose then you can get a leak from the gasket between the body and coil. You may also benefit from separating the body and coil, greasing the gasket, and reassembling.

Lastly, make sure that the leak is actually coming from the solenoid area and not from the back of the ram, the LPR tube, or the LP air transfer tube. It is easy to mistake a leak from those areas as a leak from the solenoid. If in doubt, it can sometimes be helpful to place a couple drops of soapy water onto the area where you suspect the leak is coming from. If you are correct, the leak will cause the soap in the water to bubble up. Obviously you need to be careful not to use excessive water or get any liquid into your electronics.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:14 PM #3
little c

I’ve got the same problem but everything else seem to be fine. Could it be the ram?