Old 03-29-2019, 10:16 AM #1
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

has been a member for 10 years
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Phantom is not increasing in velocity

I just got a phantom and it isn't adjusting velocity correctly. I turn the screw clockwise and it will not go over 180 no matter what I do. I can see it turning and I feel the spring moving as I push down to turn it up. It sits around 160 and will go up or down a little but not much higher.

Is there an oring or adjustment I need to make? I am using my First strike bottle on it and it's a little low on air but seems to be plenty in there to shoot (around 1000). I have an oring kit ordered for it. I am also putting a clamping feedneck and new breech on it when it comes in so I will eventually take it apart and replace everything in it. But I was hoping to be able to shoot it some this weekend.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
Previous Gear
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2019, 01:15 PM #2
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

I tried another tank. Still low velocity. The orings look good too.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Previous Gear
Old 03-30-2019, 08:51 AM #3
Mr. Charlie

You need a Spring Kit.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:13 PM #4
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

Thanks. I have one ordered.
Previous Gear
Old 03-30-2019, 01:11 PM #5
Mr. Charlie

What output is your tank?

Phantoms usually run best with CO2 12 grams...
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 03-30-2019, 02:45 PM #6
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

I have tried my FS 68/4500 running high and my son's SL77 running at low pressure.

I did see that the adjustment screw had come out. It was that way when I first got it. I suspect that the previous owner adjusted it out and didn't know it. I have fixed that and it is shooting a little higher, around 210. I will get the spring kit and replace the orings in it. Between all that and fixing the adjustment screw it should work. There's not too much else in the gun!

I have the back tank adapter on it. I was thinking about getting a little 13ci tank for it. Maybe the Ninja with the Pro V2 reg on it. What pressure should I get when I order that?
Previous Gear
Old 03-30-2019, 10:56 PM #7
Mr. Charlie

A Standard output tank around 800 psi should be fine with the spring kit you should be able to make it work.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:53 PM #8
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

Went to the field today and put a full tank on it. It was shooting 320! Got it down to field limit and it works great. At least I have a spring kit for it if I need it. Thanks for the help.
Previous Gear
Old 03-31-2019, 05:01 PM #9
Mr. Charlie

Lol, no prob

Now you know that you will probably start getting drop-off at around 800-1,000 psi left in the tank.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:18 AM #10
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

I know I'm waaaaay late to this whole playing pump thing, but I am kicking myself for not doing this years ago. I love the simplicity of it and the challenge of playing with it. Now I just need to quit spending money to upgrade it and actually play!

Got my Ninja tank in so I'm still waiting for the center breech from Airsoldier, clamping feedneck, undercocking kit and I will be all set.
Previous Gear