Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2020, 09:04 PM #1
Trippy88

Dp g5 bolt and leak issue

So i had my g5 a little over a month now. And i’ve only used it twice. So i started having problems with it and cant seem to fix or resolve. One being is the bolt system. On the second day, i started to have issues where the bolt would not retract all the way back and would leave a sliver of a portion sticking out of the hopper feed neck causing the balls to not fall down to the gun, but only be sitting on top of the little porting of the bolt and not reading it with the eyes.I figured that it was due to a game where a guy was shooting back and managed to land a ball inside my barrel. Like what are the chances of that happening. But yeah i figured that it just needed cleaning. So i ended up cleaning it after that same match. It ended up working for a couple few 100 shots but ended up happening once more. So i got out and started to clean and fix it again. This time only like 20-30 shots and then same thing happened.again. At that point i just gave up and switched to a tippmann 98 custom w/custom trigger kit. Then a little whistle/leak that couldnt be heard unless you are like an inch or 2 away from the gun, was coming out of the front where the barrel goes. I decided to go through all the o rings that are related to any leak. I checked all and they were perfectly fine. I decided to change them also but still. Im not aure if it normal or not but i need help.

Keep in mind i serviced it after every day i used it. I also havent messed with anything other than trigger adjustment, bos(20), ramp(2), and firing modes. I havent touched the velocity adjustment at all. So if anyone that has an experience with these kinds of situation please help. I really enjoy this gun. But i dont want to give it up just like that already.
Trippy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2020, 01:00 PM #2
Bder1991

Lube the hell out of the bolt and replace the sail oring on the back cap stem. If air is coming from the bolt (you can tell by putting your finger over the bolt to feel) that is the only oring holding air back from inside of the bolt. As for not firing or retracting it is either an issue with lube on the bolt or solenoid, but before you rip the gun to pieces I'd try swapping the sail oring and living the bolt.
Bder1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:53 AM #3
Trippy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bder1991 View Post
Lube the hell out of the bolt and replace the sail oring on the back cap stem. If air is coming from the bolt (you can tell by putting your finger over the bolt to feel) that is the only oring holding air back from inside of the bolt. As for not firing or retracting it is either an issue with lube on the bolt or solenoid, but before you rip the gun to pieces I'd try swapping the sail oring and living the bolt.
Ok thanks, quick question before i do anything. Can you provide me with a picture of details on which one is the sail o ring
Trippy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:12 PM #4
Bder1991

The grey one on the skinny end of the back cap
Bder1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:08 PM #5
SlaveAway

Might have to service the solenoid. Had my friends old g4 which he considered broken and a piece of paintball shell managed to go through the air channels into the noid spool. Also the stock lube is trash from dangerous power. So new lube on the noid spool could help. Manual shows how to break it down. It's really simple. Make sure your lube is pretty thin. I used Exalt Vitamin G with success, even adding a small drop of oil for winter and mixing thoroughly to thin it up more.
SlaveAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:42 PM #6
Raden13
KCCO!

Raden13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Raden13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Somewhat old thread, but thought I'd add one more resource for this issue. Check out the following page.

https://www.lubeyourbolt.com/dpg5-boltstick
Raden13 is offline   Reply With Quote