Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-12-2020, 11:23 AM #1
Mikejones1992

First pump phantom uni

I'm in the process of trying to pick up a unibody phantom. This would be my very first pump which I'm very excited about getting into. Anything I should know in particular about phantoms? Upgrades? Co2 versus hpa? Thanks guys for any input, if everything goes through I should be getting it for 140 dollars. New to pbn but I've been in love with paintball throughout the years and I'm itching to play and play much more throughout the year than I have in the past. Thanks again
Mikejones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2020, 12:50 PM #2
John.mtchl01

Imo, don't get a unibody, a phantom definitely isn't a bad marker to start pump with, if that's your play style, I prefer stock class to open class, so I play with 12 grams and 10 rounders.
I also have my s6 that has a hopper and hpa tank, yes hpa is more consistent, and hoppers allow more fire power, but for me playing light weight is a must, in Florida it's hot, and my stock class setup allows me to move much faster and "stealthier" anyways, back to the unibody, no. Get something with a removable barrel, like a standard phantom, that you can counter bore, and use inserts, or buy another barrel all together, never owned a unibody, but without inserts I would imagine a lot of rollouts, I would just get a standard phantom.
John.mtchl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:56 PM #3
John.mtchl01

So basically for a starting marker.

For stock class play:
Phantom
•get a c bored barrel
•also can get a tank adapter(back bottle or hose) and pick up a feedneck.

Open class play:
Kp3, or a sniper
Pretty simple.
John.mtchl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:54 PM #4
Frank_W

Frank_W has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree. Don't get a unibody. Find yourself a more modern phantom.
Frank_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:15 AM #5
Mikejones1992

I absolutely appreciate your input, thanks big time. I have another question, could I just buy a different body/barrel with threads and keep everything else? Is it just a simple body change n keep all internals and trigger frame? I honestly don't know, brand new to phantoms all together but I can't stop looking a unique setups all over in style and use cases
Mikejones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote