Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-15-2019, 12:32 AM #1
Markzilla88

Dm14 leaking out bottom of reg

Hey guys. I purchased a dm14 off the site that has leaked on me ever since I got it... I have changed every o ring on the reg and all itís associated pieces, all the way up to the LPR and have even changed all of thatís O rings. Everything was replaced with captain o ring parts. I relubed it all with a healthy amount of dow33 from captain o ring as well.
All this has been done twice.
After the fresh rebuilds, Iíll air the marker up and it holds a seal for about 30 seconds to a minute, then starts blowing out the bottom of the regulator... anytime after that when I air it up it just blows out the bottom of the reg right from the start.
Iím using compressed air, the output pressure from the tank is 800. The dm14 manual says it can handle up to 850.

Iím looking for guidance, ideas, personal experience, anything that can help me get this marker right. Thanks
Markzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2019, 02:51 PM #2
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The Manual might say that but it’s definitely better to run a mid/low pressure Tank with pretty much all Macroless Markers.

What Tank and Tank Regulator are you using?

If it’s adjustable I’d definitely recommend lowering the output pressure and then checking it to make sure.

If not I’d recommend getting an adjustable Tank Regulator.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:24 AM #3
Reaper63

Reaper63 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Reaper63 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
For leaks from the bottom of the reg, Dye manual recommends replacing the #010 o-ring on the brass adjuster and the reg seat. If you haven't replaced the reg seat, I'd start there. I've had weird leaks like you describe due to worn reg seats before. If that doesn't do it, you might try some Dye o-rings in the reg. I've heard some people say they've had issues with Captain o-rings.

Dye DM12
Planet Eclipse Gtek 160R
Planet Eclipse Etek5
Tippmann 98 Custom
Reaper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:30 PM #4
Markzilla88

Okay I’ll look into those options then for sure. We haven’t done the reg seat yet (little black piece at the top of the brass) and I can definitely order some dye o rings I guess and give those a shot
Markzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote