Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-14-2018, 07:50 AM #1
jjpitt

has been a member for 10 years
Active fields with walk on airball

Good Morning MD/VA folks,

I, my brother and a few friends are getting back into the sport and looking for fields in the area that would let a few old school ballers run some games on an Xball/Airball type setup to wipe off some serious rust. My brother lives closer to PEVs, and I live in the Baltimore City area, but we would make the drive to some of the farther fields 1-2 times a month within a reasonable distance. We're all over the age of 25, mature and drama free. We're also welcoming other folks that just want to sling some paint at each other and just enjoy the sport. Thanks for any input and hope to be out on the fields soon

Josh
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2018, 03:10 PM #2
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

Im right there with you and would love some further advice. Played NPPL 7man and grew up at OA in bowie and PAP. My work schedule is about to free up my weekends so im ready to dive back down the rabbit hole.

My current plan was to go to NR paintball in Severn on wednesday evenings until my weekends are free and then bounce between NR and PAP on weekends to play walk ons and then maybe reconnect with friends who still play Xball to help facilitate some better play.
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
OA paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:22 AM #3
jjpitt

Hey Matt,

Once we get back into the swing of things, I'll follow up with you and see if we can get an active 5 to at least run against some of the teams and be somewhat organized if you're interested. We also grew up playing PAPs, OA and even the old Ann Arundel Paintball days. I drove up to Route 40 paintball the other day, and it seemed ok just to mess around at on the weekends if we couldn't rotate in at NR since I don't know what the team setup system is like there, but I might stop by just to check it out sometime this weekend or next. Stay and touch and hopefully, we can become walk-on heroes soon.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:15 AM #4
sh0eb0x

Been playing a little the last few years. got back into it after like 7 years lol. Ive been playing with Matt on wednesday nights and its been fun, we just need more heads. Would love to start playing weekends again with a team. its hard to get points in with out one.

NR Paintball
sh0eb0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:24 PM #5
Droid Axiom
DC Devastation #88

Droid Axiom supports Pev's Paintball
Hey gents. I think it's time for me to shake off the dust as well. Where have you been playing on Wednesdays?

-Leland
Droid Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:35 PM #6
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

NR paintball! shaking off the rust has been so much fun on wednesdays. If you can get out next week please do! Today its been raining too much and it sucks being inside but the field and the people have been awesome there. I have probably multiples of any gear if you needed to borrow anything to play.
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
Old 05-23-2018, 08:46 PM #7
sh0eb0x

Tonight at NR was super solid. Showed up late and still was able to run multiple 5v5 points with some good players.

NR Paintball
Old 05-24-2018, 05:41 AM #8
jjpitt

My goal is to be out next Wednesday at NR. Might be shaking off the rust with my little brother at Pevs this weekend if the weather holds up since he lives down that way. Weekday paintball would be ideal for me and maybe we can get a consistent group of people who just want to run games. It would be great to get a consistent group for the weekends to maybe get into some of the team rotations. Thanks for all the input. If you see a big dude with a black Jeep GC, that's me.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2018, 09:55 AM #9
sh0eb0x

JJpitt, looking forward to it man. I know matt and I will be out wednesday. I possibly might play sunday since some guys said I could run points with them on sundays. Wednesdays are definitely picking up and its a great way to work on your game. lots of good guys come out and are willing to help. I know its been helping me with getting back into it.

NR Paintball
Old 05-25-2018, 11:16 AM #10
jjpitt

Awesome sounds good. Hopefully the weather holds up next week. They're calling for thunderstorms, but if it's just raining, I'll still be down. Some serious rust will be coming off Wednesday heh. Thanks for the info

Josh
Old 05-26-2018, 03:59 PM #11
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

Wednesdays with Scott (shoebox) are really all i have to look forward to during the week until my job changes to allow me to play weekends again.

jjpitt, NR has been very nice the last month on Wednesdays, we slowly got up to bigger numbers so our "slow roll" back to 5v5 gave us a good time to shake the rust off and its so low pressure between the guys, i cant recommend it enough for people coming back to the sport and people who play often just wanting another excuse to play.

The turf is fantastic as well. And so far all the guys up there have been welcoming, nice, the refs are cool as well.

If we can consistently get enough to run 5v5 points ill be a happy camper.
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
Old 05-29-2018, 12:33 PM #12
jjpitt

Thanks for the info guys. I think wayyyyyyyy back in the hayday I actually played with Scott with a few of my friends that I played with in one or 2 OA tourneys heh.I recognized the Scotty Shoebox nickname. Crazy that I remember all that since I was maybe 17-18 at the time heh. I'm about 80% going to be there tomorrow since I just need to make sure my pups are taking care of at home before I head out. Hope to see you all out there.

Josh
Old 05-29-2018, 03:42 PM #13
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

Ill be out there! Scott will be, i have another buddy coming out i think as well. Severn hopefully didnt get dumped on sunday but last week the turf field seemed to absorb the water well so we should be cool beans.
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
Old 05-30-2018, 09:51 AM #14
sh0eb0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpitt View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I think wayyyyyyyy back in the hayday I actually played with Scott with a few of my friends that I played with in one or 2 OA tourneys heh.I recognized the Scotty Shoebox nickname. Crazy that I remember all that since I was maybe 17-18 at the time heh. I'm about 80% going to be there tomorrow since I just need to make sure my pups are taking care of at home before I head out. Hope to see you all out there.

Josh
Josh hope to see you out at NR later on. Thats really funny haha ive had that nick name for awhile and got it from playing with "cupcake" back in the day( if you ever played with him). Curious which josh you are since I played with a few back in hay day lol. If you were 17-18 I was probably like 13 lol.

NR Paintball
Old 05-30-2018, 11:16 AM #15
jjpitt

Yep Cupcake aka Nick is the dude lol. Me and him are still buddies. Might try to drag him out there eventually, but he's all in the car game now heh.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:01 PM #16
sh0eb0x

haha thats funny I think i remember dude, we will see tonight. I talk to him everyonce and awhile, since I'm also in the car thing haha. Used to chill with nick when he was living in annapolis. we gotta get him back out haha

NR Paintball
Old 05-31-2018, 06:20 AM #17
jjpitt

Had a lot of fun playing with you guys last night. I'll 100% be there next Wednesday if the weather is nice. Nick will be out with me next week. He's going through his gear and I'm bringing over a spare tank and some paint to test one of his old shockers out. If any of you might have a extra hopper/gun, Nick would really appreciate it if he could use one of them. Let me know. I got a tank/harness and pods for him
Old 05-31-2018, 10:41 AM #18
OA paintball
ROOD BOIZ D4X

Yesterday was good fun with you guys, next week weather pending should be real sick!
Wherever you're going,
that's where you'll be
Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 AM #19
jjpitt

Matt do you think Nick might be able to use your extra Gtek if his shocker doesn't work?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:52 AM #20
sh0eb0x

JACK NASTYYY, Wednesday was awesome. hope Nick makes it out. I'll be there as long as its not monsooning. I can deal with a little drizzle

NR Paintball
Old 06-01-2018, 10:48 AM #21
jjpitt

Nick is in. We just need to hopefully get him a gun working. I might of just bought a 2nd hopper and mask off someone off Pbnation for a killer deal so he's set