Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2019, 03:35 PM #22
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsies View Post
Saturday’s at Combatzone always has a solid group of players. I think everyday besides Sunday has been dead at LVPP.
Thanks for the reply Gypsies what is the best local shop to buy from like LVPP or Bonehead? Because I have to go buy literally everything this week, I'm going to drop like 2-3K to buy all my equipment or should I just ignore the local shops and buy everything online? Like I said I'm fully committed to playing like every week!
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2019, 06:19 PM #23
Gypsies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasen.haas View Post
Thanks for the reply Gypsies what is the best local shop to buy from like LVPP or Bonehead? Because I have to go buy literally everything this week, I'm going to drop like 2-3K to buy all my equipment or should I just ignore the local shops and buy everything online? Like I said I'm fully committed to playing like every week!
I think LVPP because they actually have a team and have won multiple tournaments. They are also the only field that let's you bring your own paint for $5. Combat zone technically doesn't allow it but people still bring it in through their bag or are really cool with the owner.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND online through like ANSGEAR. You'll get the best deals and the biggest selection. The paintball scene in Vegas sucks compared to other states, including the stores. This also includes paint. LVPP sells better paint but you're paying a **** ton. I'd rather risk a broken ball or couple in one bag than pay that much. We're talking like $45 for tournament level instead of 60-80. But each has their own pros and cons. They even offer a subscription for tournament level paint which ends up being 45$ a case, but 2 cases. Supposed to be always literally freshly made and free shipping. If you play every week, you can just get 2 subscriptions for the same address apparently as well.

For clothes, I would at least try them at the store because they charge for returning items I think. I did a bunch of research online and bought like an extra size bigger for some things. Or I lived with the size unless it was way too small or large. Same thing goes for pads. Unfortunately there aren't as many options as online stores.

Last edited by Gypsies : 01-14-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:44 PM #24
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsies View Post
I think LVPP because they actually have a team and have won multiple tournaments. They are also the only field that let's you bring your own paint for $5. Combat zone technically doesn't allow it but people still bring it in through their bag or are really cool with the owner.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND online through like ANSGEAR. You'll get the best deals and the biggest selection. The paintball scene in Vegas sucks compared to other states, including the stores. This also includes paint. LVPP sells better paint but you're paying a **** ton. I'd rather risk a broken ball or couple in one bag than pay that much. We're talking like $45 for tournament level instead of 60-80. But each has their own pros and cons. They even offer a subscription for tournament level paint which ends up being 45$ a case, but 2 cases. Supposed to be always literally freshly made and free shipping. If you play every week, you can just get 2 subscriptions for the same address apparently as well.

For clothes, I would at least try them at the store because they charge for returning items I think. I did a bunch of research online and bought like an extra size bigger for some things. Or I lived with the size unless it was way too small or large. Same thing goes for pads. Unfortunately there aren't as many options as online stores.

Yeah I know I have lived here in Vegas all my life and your right our paintball scene is small at least when I played 7 years ago it was small and according to you it still seems that way. Anyway I played for like 5 years then had to give it up to focus on Club Baseball and then had to go to college at UNLV and working full-time, so never had time to get back to paintball which I wish I never stopped playing. But I just graduated UNLV in December and now have a lot of free time and I can't wait to get back to paintball now... I'm going to be so bad for a while lol but whatever I have been waiting to play again for years, its going to be my number 1 thing outside of work.

Yeah I was thinking about bonehead and lvpp just to try on gear for sizing then order everything online. I have been on ANSgear website non-stop for the last week trying to decide my setup lol. I always rolled with Dye back in the day so I'm debating between an M3, M2 or try something new like Bob Long Ripper or Planet Eclipse CS1 or CS2 you have anything to say about those 5 markers cause I honestly can't decide.
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:14 PM #25
Gypsies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasen.haas View Post
Yeah I know I have lived here in Vegas all my life and your right our paintball scene is small at least when I played 7 years ago it was small and according to you it still seems that way. Anyway I played for like 5 years then had to give it up to focus on Club Baseball and then had to go to college at UNLV and working full-time, so never had time to get back to paintball which I wish I never stopped playing. But I just graduated UNLV in December and now have a lot of free time and I can't wait to get back to paintball now... I'm going to be so bad for a while lol but whatever I have been waiting to play again for years, its going to be my number 1 thing outside of work.

Yeah I was thinking about bonehead and lvpp just to try on gear for sizing then order everything online. I have been on ANSgear website non-stop for the last week trying to decide my setup lol. I always rolled with Dye back in the day so I'm debating between an M3, M2 or try something new like Bob Long Ripper or Planet Eclipse CS1 or CS2 you have anything to say about those 5 markers cause I honestly can't decide.
Nice man. I just started paintball a little over 2 months ago. Back in like 2012 in Highschool I just used rentals. I rock a DSR right now and I do like it. Probably would have been better if I didn't get an older model from ANSgear. But if you have the money, the CS2 is THE gun. Everybody loves Planet Eclipse. I do like Dye as well though. If you have the money then I definitely would say the CS2 or M3+. But if you can get better clothing, pads, paint, and etc then I would get something like a DSR.

I usually play every other week but I won't be playing until 2/9/19. My buddy is also getting back into paintball around april/may and we'll definitely go every other week. I personally may ramp up to 3 or 4 times a month. This is because I plan to play in some tournaments next year with a team or like a 2 man. We're definitely trying to get better this year. But you can get good if you try honestly. Watch videos and practice some drills. Definitely hit the ****ing gym and cardio because that helps so much. I guess if you are a back player it isn't needed as much but I want to be a good front player which requires more movement I'd say.
Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:05 PM #26
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsies View Post
Nice man. I just started paintball a little over 2 months ago. Back in like 2012 in Highschool I just used rentals. I rock a DSR right now and I do like it. Probably would have been better if I didn't get an older model from ANSgear. But if you have the money, the CS2 is THE gun. Everybody loves Planet Eclipse. I do like Dye as well though. If you have the money then I definitely would say the CS2 or M3+. But if you can get better clothing, pads, paint, and etc then I would get something like a DSR.

I usually play every other week but I won't be playing until 2/9/19. My buddy is also getting back into paintball around april/may and we'll definitely go every other week. I personally may ramp up to 3 or 4 times a month. This is because I plan to play in some tournaments next year with a team or like a 2 man. We're definitely trying to get better this year. But you can get good if you try honestly. Watch videos and practice some drills. Definitely hit the ****ing gym and cardio because that helps so much. I guess if you are a back player it isn't needed as much but I want to be a good front player which requires more movement I'd say.

Yeah same my goal is to get as much reps in ideally 3+ times a month so I can get some of my skill back from all those years ago lol that way for 2020 I can compete in tourneys. I have never lost my cardio ability so I'm not worried about that, thanks for mentioning it though.

Yeah I'm down to an M3+, CS2, Luxe Ice, or Luxe X I wish I still had friends that play so I could shoot the markers before purchase lol. Anyway here is my email [email protected] hit me up I can shoot you my phone number too if you would like, maybe we could link up on the days we go out to play. I'll for sure have all my equipment by 2/9 when you start playing
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 PM #27
lawf
 
 
lawf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
isn't combatzone full of rocks on their field?

LVPP is cool, and they just had tryouts for their teams just over a week ago so sundays should be pretty poppin for a while. keep in mind they do drills so there will be some wait time occasionally, but they are super cool about letting us hop on and getting a few games in if they aren't playing as well.

and buy all your gear on ANS/Critical/PB Gateway. You really can't go wrong with any of the guns you listed, they will all shoot/function basically the same with some minor differences and now very similar bolt designs. just pick whichever looks the best to you. Luxe X will prob have the best resale value if you decide you don't like it, but its also not officially shipping yet so you might have to wait longer than getting a CS2, M3+ or ICE.

Last edited by lawf : 01-15-2019 at 04:06 PM.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:37 PM #28
Gypsies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
isn't combatzone full of rocks on their field?

LVPP is cool, and they just had tryouts for their teams just over a week ago so sundays should be pretty poppin for a while. keep in mind they do drills so there will be some wait time occasionally, but they are super cool about letting us hop on and getting a few games in if they aren't playing as well.

and buy all your gear on ANS/Critical/PB Gateway. You really can't go wrong with any of the guns you listed, they will all shoot/function basically the same with some minor differences and now very similar bolt designs. just pick whichever looks the best to you. Luxe X will prob have the best resale value if you decide you don't like it, but its also not officially shipping yet so you might have to wait longer than getting a CS2, M3+ or ICE.
The turf is pretty clean in really good condition. The bunkers are always clean and ready to go as well. Comparing it to LVPP, it is in way better condition. As for the rec fields, well they both are too small in my opinion. If LVPP had better refs, maintained turf, and a solid group on Saturdays I would prob go there. I love their membership package as well but it's just too dead for me. If there were at least rentals then I would be happy with that for some time. I would also say that LVPP has a lot of trash and paintballs on the ground, which is an eye sore to me.

Honestly I hope a new field comes up that caters to rentals and speedballers. Someone mentioned that they were planning on opening a 21 acre field. I would definitely go play there for a larger rec field with the ability to actually move around. A fresh new field would look nice as well. The rec field bunkers are all covered in a **** ton of paint from the years that have passed by. If the field could have the best from LVPP and Combatzone, I'd switch definitely.
Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:38 PM #29
Gypsies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasen.haas View Post
Yeah same my goal is to get as much reps in ideally 3+ times a month so I can get some of my skill back from all those years ago lol that way for 2020 I can compete in tourneys. I have never lost my cardio ability so I'm not worried about that, thanks for mentioning it though.

Yeah I'm down to an M3+, CS2, Luxe Ice, or Luxe X I wish I still had friends that play so I could shoot the markers before purchase lol. Anyway here is my email [email protected] hit me up I can shoot you my phone number too if you would like, maybe we could link up on the days we go out to play. I'll for sure have all my equipment by 2/9 when you start playing
I'll shoot an email later today. Maybe we can link up on the days we both go out to play.
Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:50 PM #30
lawf
 
 
lawf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
ah so combatzone got turf? i might head out next weekend (or this weekend if the rain stops today and **** dry's out in time)
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:16 PM #31
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsies View Post
I'll shoot an email later today. Maybe we can link up on the days we both go out to play.

Sounds good! I am just so excited to get back to it, I have truly missed it. I hope that 21 acre field you mentioned comes to fruition.
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:21 PM #32
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawf View Post
isn't combatzone full of rocks on their field?

LVPP is cool, and they just had tryouts for their teams just over a week ago so sundays should be pretty poppin for a while. keep in mind they do drills so there will be some wait time occasionally, but they are super cool about letting us hop on and getting a few games in if they aren't playing as well.

and buy all your gear on ANS/Critical/PB Gateway. You really can't go wrong with any of the guns you listed, they will all shoot/function basically the same with some minor differences and now very similar bolt designs. just pick whichever looks the best to you. Luxe X will prob have the best resale value if you decide you don't like it, but its also not officially shipping yet so you might have to wait longer than getting a CS2, M3+ or ICE.

Yeah the Luxe X arrives this month so I won't have to wait to long. Just when i played for 5 years i only ever had dyes so whatever i get it will be different even the m3+ will be crazy different as it has been 7 years for me.

How often do you play at LVPP?
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:55 PM #33
jcmartin11b4
Veteran Militia
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Forgot about this post. My cs2 should be in early next week. Anyone looking to play superbowl weekend? Feb 2nd ?
jcmartin11b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:31 PM #34
SmartWorrPartsPlayer
JTI Paintball
 
SmartWorrPartsPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 has been a member for 10 years
SmartWorrPartsPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Feel free to check out the Las Vegas Paintballers Facebook Page. LVPP is has been pretty good on Sundays. I try to go at least every Sunday.
SmartWorrPartsPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:42 PM #35
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmartin11b4 View Post
Forgot about this post. My cs2 should be in early next week. Anyone looking to play superbowl weekend? Feb 2nd ?
I'll have the rest of my equipment early feb. just getting back into it and waiting on the luxe x to come in then I'll be good to go as much as possible!
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:28 AM #36
jcmartin11b4
Veteran Militia
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasen.haas View Post
I'll have the rest of my equipment early feb. just getting back into it and waiting on the luxe x to come in then I'll be good to go as much as possible!
Awesome. Yeah im flying out to dallas feb 8-10th for a tryout. So trying to get one day in before then.
jcmartin11b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 PM #37
chasen.haas
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Nice... another time then my guy!
chasen.haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:18 PM #38
jcmartin11b4
Veteran Militia
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasen.haas View Post
Nice... another time then my guy!
Get that luxe yet? Whats next weekend looking like for everyone? 24th? Gotta get some practice in before nxl vegas
jcmartin11b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:25 PM #39
paintballsteve_lv
Pretty much the worst
 
paintballsteve_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Annual Supporting Member
paintballsteve_lv owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
paintballsteve_lv owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
paintballsteve_lv owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I'll probably be out at LVPP this weekend(Sunday is forecasting rain tho, so maybe Saturday only).
paintballsteve_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:49 PM #40
Rfarrell412
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I might be able to get out this weekend or next
__________________
Planet Eclipse CS2



Looking for teams/players in Tampa area
Rfarrell412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:52 AM #41
lawf
 
 
lawf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
ill be at LVPP next weekend as long as it doesnt rain at the end of the week as I HATE playing on wet turf.
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:26 AM #42
jcmartin11b4
Veteran Militia
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Planning on a sunday trip out if the weather is decent.
jcmartin11b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump