Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2017, 09:49 AM #1471
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRipper View Post
There was a DSR at the field this weekend, mostly not functional. Guy was very unhappy since he'd bought it new in box.

We lent him a Gtek and he was able to play.
Hrm, any clue what was going on? We really haven't had very many issues at all with them. Pretty much the only leak we've seen is the reg adjuster and there's an updated part that fixes that. On some, the -011 bolt guide oring is a little loose and can cause some strange problems. Other than that, we haven't seen much.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2017, 10:36 PM #1472
Nashorn
What Does The Fox Say?

has been a member for 10 years
Nashorn is playing at Living Legends VII
Nashorn owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nashorn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nashorn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nashorn supports Ninja Paintball
So, Razgriz2006 and i both got our DSRs in on Friday. He aired his up and it began leaking and it apparently discharged on its own. He ended up replacing the #009 o-rings on the reg retainer and reg cartridge as well as the #20 on the outer bolt can which fixed the problem.

Conversely, I aired mine up with zero problems. I repeatedly gassed and degassed it trying to repeat the problems others were having. Thankfully, mine seems to be doing well.

I took it to my local field and put half a case through it. Let me tell you people that this marker is the smoothest thing I've ever shot in my life. I put a hopper through it and I thought I was shooting low. I put it over the chrono and it turns out that I was shooting WAY over 300 fps. I couldn't believe it. I called the field manager over and he put a hopper through it and he was floored. Once we got it turned down to 280, it was hard to tell that it was even shooting. As a woodsballer, I prefer a stealthy marker and this fits the bill nicely.

The efficiency was spot on as well. I used just a tad over 2K psi shooting that half case. I was underboring using an Eigenbarrel and did not experience a single malfunction or ball break.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this marker! Despite some of the teething problems that some guys are running into, I really think Dye hit the nail on the head with this one.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:26 PM #1473
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
So, Razgriz2006 and i both got our DSRs in on Friday. He aired his up and it began leaking and it apparently discharged on its own. He ended up replacing the #009 o-rings on the reg retainer and reg cartridge as well as the #20 on the outer bolt can which fixed the problem.

Conversely, I aired mine up with zero problems. I repeatedly gassed and degassed it trying to repeat the problems others were having. Thankfully, mine seems to be doing well.

I took it to my local field and put half a case through it. Let me tell you people that this marker is the smoothest thing I've ever shot in my life. I put a hopper through it and I thought I was shooting low. I put it over the chrono and it turns out that I was shooting WAY over 300 fps. I couldn't believe it. I called the field manager over and he put a hopper through it and he was floored. Once we got it turned down to 280, it was hard to tell that it was even shooting. As a woodsballer, I prefer a stealthy marker and this fits the bill nicely.

The efficiency was spot on as well. I used just a tad over 2K psi shooting that half case. I was underboring using an Eigenbarrel and did not experience a single malfunction or ball break.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this marker! Despite some of the teething problems that some guys are running into, I really think Dye hit the nail on the head with this one.
Thank you! This was my first gun design from the ground-up and there was a lot of learning in the process. I feel like Billy and I really started gaining momentum at the end of the project that we'll carry forward into other projects.

For Raz, the 009 on the reg adjuster has been updated. Hopefully the manual changes get uploaded today to show the new part, which uses a 010 oring. I haven't heard of any of the 020s leaking, but the -013 on the bolt guide does need to be tight. We made a slight adjustment to tighten that up on the newer runs and haven't seen problems since.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:33 PM #1474
Swamper3
Gunslinger v1.9

Swamper3 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I feel like Billy and I really started gaining momentum at the end of the project that we'll carry forward into other projects.
excites!
Old 12-22-2017, 08:50 AM #1475
Swamper3
Gunslinger v1.9

Swamper3 supports Empire
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the NT's still out there. May you shoot straight and true all 2018!!!
Old 03-05-2020, 05:50 PM #1476
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Boo!
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:50 PM #1477
Tracker
Patient Zero

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tracker supports Ninja Paintball
yeah.. definitely dead up in here
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:06 PM #1478
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Well it is the NT section lol...

If I still had a NT I’d try those parts that IronyUSA designed.

If you want a modernized “NT” then the DSR uses similar Bolt System Technology (FAASOR).
Old 03-09-2020, 05:38 PM #1479
Tracker
Patient Zero

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tracker supports Ninja Paintball
yeah i havent had an NT for a long time,

DSR either.. but thats beside the point
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:04 AM #1480
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Still got my NT with prototype parts but Ill probably buy a set of the newer parts too.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote