PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2020, 10:38 AM #1
shortpballer

has been a member for 10 years
shortpballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Dye CF-s Review?

I haven't seen any talk or any reviews of the CF-s backs.

Anyone have any opinions on these? Also impossible to find if the inserts are stainless steel or if they are aluminum. According two the video by ANS they are stainless steel, but I've heard someone else say they are aluminum. Anyone have any ideas?

Would like to hear some thoughts before dropping $400 on a set.

"Originally posted by Petruha#25
There is no difference in lake or on the ocean. The main thing a fish. If it's on the ocean - which is the most nearest place, what time and how much is it costs. May be closer and better on lake. "
shortpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2020, 11:19 AM #2
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The CF-S is all Aluminum.

The older CF Boomsticks have a Stainless Steel sleeve.

I prefer the older version.

Might as well just get the UL-S kit.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:26 PM #3
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was looking into them because I wanted to get a new set of barrels, but after comparing them to the UL-S, I didn't understand the point. Usually people would buy the carbon fiber barrels for the weight reduction or that finish on the inside. The CF-S is actually Stainless Steel wrapped in Carbon Fiber, so really the CF is just there for decoration more or less.

I guess if you want the SS on the inside instead of Aluminum go with the CF-S. Know though the UL-S which is Aluminum is lighter than the CF-S. SS does have some other advantages, mainly that its harder, so less likely to scratch but they usually use a coating that goes over the metal in the barrels so really its the coating that's more prone to scratching. The CF-S does have that little rubberband thing though which is kind of cool, but not worth 200 extra bucks.

In my opinion theres not much of a reason to go with the CF-S considering the price difference to the UL-S.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:08 PM #4
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Again,

CF-S is Aluminum wrapped in Carbon Fiber, no Stainless Steel control bore sleeve.

The older Carbon Fiber and Glass Fiber Boomsticks are the ones that have the Stainless Steel control bore sleeve.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:50 PM #5
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Again,

CF-S is Aluminum wrapped in Carbon Fiber, no Stainless Steel control bore sleeve.

The older Carbon Fiber and Glass Fiber Boomsticks are the ones that have the Stainless Steel control bore sleeve.
You might want to double check that I looked it up not that long ago and its Stainless Steel wrapped in Carbon Fiber.

Here, some info that will help the OP too. Go to 4:20 he talks about the material.

https://youtu.be/NJLIU1AIHi0

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:34 AM #6
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

You double check, Call Dye if you don’t believe me.

ANS Gear is stupid, it’s no wonder they got it wrong happens all the time in their videos.

Here is a video that Lone Wolf did with someone that actually works for Dye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSN_BsyQSI

Not too long in he says the inside is all aluminum...

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 02-02-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: More info, description on Dye website doesn’t say.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:35 AM #7
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

That is true ANS does get it wrong a lot. Now genuinely curious. There is literally no point to the CF-S then. The UL-S is all aluminum and lighter. To me it would make more sense that the CF-S is SS wrapped in CF not just due to the price, but the fact it weighs more too. I had a couple other questions about their hoppers and mask too, maybe I will ask them.

On a side note, did you see those Carbon SC packs being sold as Dye in the background? I guess Carbon must have split off very recently, I heard they were the ones who used to make Dyes soft goods.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:33 PM #8
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Yeah, no real reason to get the CF-S except for looks.

The UL-S is basically the same Barrel except for the Carbon Fiber wrapping.

I’ve also heard that about the Carbon packs. I believe that the Pod holders do not stay open at all - even the main ones. Plus, I love the BK V5 Pack I have and all of the products Carbon makes seem pretty expensive. I have heard that they are high quality though.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:00 PM #9
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Did you see that price in the background on that video? LOL I think it was 130 +tax. I just got my SC at cup this year and they were running a sale so I got it for just under 100 which is still crazy.

Yea the main ones for the most part collapse as you use them, not fully, so you can refill them but sometimes it can be a little bit harder than other packs to get the pods back in.

Its actually a nice feature because if your playing a back position and walking on the field with a bunch of pods, its nice because the empty slots get out of your way and shrink the pack down as you use it. For front players, especially snake, again it shrinks down as you go through paint and makes it easier to grab your next pod. I never had a Dye Attack pack, but had a lot of friends who did, and they said it does the same thing to a more limited extent.

I was curious though how long Carbon was making Dye stuff for, like I wonder if they were the ones who designed my beloved C10 pants.