Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM #169
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
If you get bored enough, can you include a leak diagram for the lpr as well? I don't think that's changed much, either. Really, the bolt & lpr only changed size over the years.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:53 PM #170
fprandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4 View Post
Hey guys, OP here.

I haven't seriously played in a few years, but I was curious - does the diagram I posted apply to the DM6/7/8/9/10/11(?)? I haven't had any experience with those markers, but if it does completely apply I can go ahead and edit my first post to reflect this. Should save you guys a bit of Q&A time.

What about the Proto lines, they all match as well?

Hope the mods aren't too upset with me not updating this in... A few years, haha.
Just been training/deploying/flying/etc. Yay war.
The diagram you posted is very accurate, applys to all the DM and Proto markers that use the fuse bolt. Thank you for posting it.

The only difference are in the o ring sizes, owners need to consult their manual for the correct size to use on their marker.

Thanks for your service to our country.
fprandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 PM #171
WetPenguin

WetPenguin is playing at Living Legends V
WetPenguin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WetPenguin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is awesome, and makes for an easy reference. It gets annoying having to look through the trouble shooting guide and then flipping back to this page.
WetPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:01 PM #172
Ikill4ha

I have a leak from the threaded hole farthest from the lpr set screw. there wasnt a screw in it when i bought the gun, but didnt leak. After cleaning out some debri from the LPR houseing did it start to leak please help.
Ikill4ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM #173
SmartWorrPartsPlayer
JTI Paintball

SmartWorrPartsPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
It could be one of the outer O-rings on the LPR Housing, take out the housing and check to see if any are damaged and need to be replaced and lube them when you put it back in.
SmartWorrPartsPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM #174
Ikill4ha

yea im going to have replase the lpr wheres the cheapest place to buy one?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:05 PM #175
SmartWorrPartsPlayer
JTI Paintball

You don't have the replace the whole LPR just the O-rings that are on the Housing. Your local shop should have some, or oringmonkey.com
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM #176
Ikill4ha

no some how i put a dent into it maby i screwed in the set screw into far
Old 02-02-2012, 10:59 AM #177
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
This is embarrassing...

I've got a dm7 with a pretty aggressive bolt leak. Replaced every last o-ring in there, but the leak persists. When gassed up, i can wiggle the bolt from the front with my finger (which ain't safe but i'm desparate), which doesn't seem good at all. Could the bolt itself be the problem?

I've never had a problem fixing any matrix, but this one is determined to make me look like a fool.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM #178
SmartWorrPartsPlayer
JTI Paintball

Nerdcore,

Just because you replaced your old O-rings with new ones doesn't mean it is going to provide a perfect seal.

Go through your entire bolt assembly, and check for O-ring tolerances. I shouldn't be too loose or too tight.

If your bolt has excessive damage to it, then yes the bolt can be an issue. It has to be pretty severe, to be an issue though. Check your O-rings again.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM #179
pbracun
midwest ballers unite

pbracun plays in the PSP
pbracun donated to help Peyton Trent
pbracun supports Team VICIOUS
pbracun plays in the APPA D5 division
If you have a dm7 or lpr set screw I can buy pm me. Went to set the lpr are and when I turned the screw all the way in the screw stripped
pbracun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 AM #180
WS ARMY
BIGGSIE R.I.P

WS ARMY has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WS ARMY has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WS ARMY has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Anyone have any experience with a leak on a DMC, and I am guessing this would also apply to other similar designs, around the asa and on/off? I have been going through everything I can possibly think of to figure out exactly where the problem lies. I pulled out both, lubed everything. There was no teflon on the asa screw, and I noticed there was some on my other DMC (my other is out for ano, and so I have been swapping in those parts, which I know work, to try and troubleshoot) I thought it might just be leaking out of the threads but teflon does not seem to help.

It seems like some air is making it through the on/off even when closed, but I am not sure whether this is the ultimate source of the problem ether. I pulled the on/off out to check and re-lube the orings, but they all seem fine. It seems like all the air loss, at least from what I can tell, is coming from that area, and I would really like to solve this tonight because she is currently my main gun while the other is out for ano.

Thanks!

EAST COAST PAINTBALL: NO FRILLS, JUST KILLS.
"You can get far in life with a smile........You can get alot farther with a smile and a gun."- Al Capone
Old School Feedback

Gearbag Sale
WS ARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:20 PM #181
Eclipse234
This is my lifestyle!

Eclipse234 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My DM6 is leaking out of the back of the bolt, I replaced all of the O rings on the bolt and housing, is there any other options?
Eclipse234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 PM #182
Charlie2

Try changing de bolt stem o-rings number 2 and 3 (011 bn70) on the picture. If the leak is around the back of the bolt probably is the outer sleeve o-rings (020 bn70) number 8 onthe the picture.
Charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:27 PM #183
Eclipse234
This is my lifestyle!

Eclipse234 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I fixed the leaking issue out of the back, but now it seems to be leaking from behind the trigger, possibly out of the noid.
Eclipse234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:00 PM #184
jojo750
Default User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4 View Post
I found an old picture I took of my manual back when I had my Proto.

I thought, what the hell...

So I made a little leak/sound/performance troubleshooting diagram.

O-ring sizes will vary between fuse bolt systems. Consult your owners manual for proper sizes.

Also: For erratic cycling, first-shot-drop-off, leaks/hissing in the frame, and any consistency issues, check your solenoid, routing, LPR, and board settings (especially dwell/FSDO compensation if applicable).
MOST importantly, when troubleshooting ANY marker issue, return all board settings to STOCK. This will eliminate a lot of variables you'd run into otherwise while troubleshooting.

I run into a lot of players that are afraid to reset their board to stock, because they will "lose their 1337 custom tuned setup!!11"
Ladies and gentlemen, you can always write down your magic numbers before clearing them...

Enjoy!

It's nothing big, and most people should already know this, but enjoy anyhow.

EDIT [7 March 2010]: If you are replacing orings repeatedly, and are still having leaks, check the surface of the bolt/sleeve/seat. If the metal is scratched or gouged at all, the best oring in the world won't do a very good job of sealing. Yet another reason to use EXTREME caution if you have to use a pick to extract an interior oring. Brass picks are recommended, as the much harder dental picks can easily scratch/gouge the aluminum/delrin/nylatron/etc surfaces found in many spool systems.

EDIT [April 2011 (Yikes I am in my 20s and getting old!)]: I've been informed that this diagram applies to pretty much the entire DM line, including the newer ones. Same for the Protos I believe. Obviously, use common sense: if you take out your bolt/spool assembly and it looks nothing like this, then the diagram doesn't apply.
I'd love to be more specific, but... I haven't had much time to actually play, much less tech!
Posting to fix the leak picture
Old 10-11-2019, 10:14 AM #185
laysomepaint

laysomepaint is a founding member
Reposting the pic again. Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/dQ1Zeu8

laysomepaint is offline   Reply With Quote