PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2017, 10:34 PM #1
JonathanW
solaris

has been a member for 10 years
Woodball camper rant

Yeah, I'm an old man now practically... but I'm still down with all you paintball punks... had lots of fun playing in my teens and early 20's...And one thing I'll say is I f'in hate campers in woodsball.. when I was 21 I played with older chubby mil-sim wannabe guys... they would have cockers usually and decked out in full camo/boots and their version of paintball was:

1. Start in the field
2. find biggest tree to accommodate obese body
3. wait behind tree, for even up to 20 minutes
4. open fire on nearby incoming opponents

I was 270 lbs at the time and even I was flanking/running and doing run throughs (although in woodball)...sad,sad,sad..

This trap/ambush style of paintball is SO boring... Why spend money on a decent marker to just camp behind a tree and wait. BORING.
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2017, 08:57 PM #2
ucantbeevan

Camping can definitely get annoying if that's all they do. Although me and a couple of my friends do sometimes camp a certain spot on our field where it's easy to get eliminations, but we only do it maybe every other time we play.
ucantbeevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:28 PM #3
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
If you suspect that last player is camping, form a triangle formation, and use the most aggressive paintball proofed guy on your team as bait. Have the pointman run through the field with you all at a shooting distance behind him, just enough to provide him cover if he survives getting in trouble. As soon as the camper shoots, you have him surrounded, and you can just dump all your paint on him from every direction for revenge.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:27 AM #4
DM5 Beast
Cody Sears

plays in the NXL
DM5 Beast plays in the APPA D5 division
So I ran into a few people like this last year. We decided to play woodsball with no time limit and no objective....That should have set whistles off right there. We knock off I think 6 of their guys and start walking towards the exit and here from the players that were out "The games not over."

Sure enough we had to walk around to find them laying on their bellies in camo. NOT fun times
Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 PM #5
HoneyKix
Without any milk

HoneyKix is playing at Living Legends VII
HoneyKix plays in the APPA beginner division
HoneyKix has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HoneyKix supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanW View Post
Yeah, I'm an old man now practically... but I'm still down with all you paintball punks... had lots of fun playing in my teens and early 20's...And one thing I'll say is I f'in hate campers in woodsball.. when I was 21 I played with older chubby mil-sim wannabe guys... they would have cockers usually and decked out in full camo/boots and their version of paintball was:

1. Start in the field
2. find biggest tree to accommodate obese body
3. wait behind tree, for even up to 20 minutes
4. open fire on nearby incoming opponents

I was 270 lbs at the time and even I was flanking/running and doing run throughs (although in woodball)...sad,sad,sad..

This trap/ambush style of paintball is SO boring... Why spend money on a decent marker to just camp behind a tree and wait. BORING.
that gonna be in just about any game that involves projectiles, js. if you cant beat em, join em. other than that, just outplay them.

Marq Clan

VCOM and v1 victories
Smart Parts Vision Impulse/Shocker SFT - parts only
04 Prostock - destroyed cocking rod,
HoneyKix is offline   Reply With Quote