Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Bob Long sells BLAST (manufacturer of the iconic Intimidator) to Eric Crandall

Eric Crandall recently purchased Bob Long Technologies (also called BLAST Paintball) from Bob Long.

The Intimidator is THE marker that won the electronic paintball gun ams race in the early aughts. It was simply one of the fastest, dependable and easy to maintain paintball guns on the planet and it revolutionized how tournament paintball was played. Eric is looking to revitalize the brand. We have the exclusive interview with Bob and Eric.

Bob Long said, "I think this is the best thing for me and the company. I've got a lot going on, and this allows me to focus on what I enjoy the most like designing guns and going to events while someone else is responsible for running the business. I'm excited for this new chapter, and look forward to seeing people at some of the big events next year."

Interview with Eric Crandall of BLAST:

Thanks for taking the time to talk! To the people who don't know you, how long have you been in paintball and what else do you do in paintball?

A: I’ve been in paintball since 1996 when I owned a paintball field in the San Francisco Bay Area. I even played tournament paintball once upon a time including on the Ironkids, and have been involved in the industry one way or another since then.

Anything you want to say directly to the fans of BLAST to let them know Bob’s legacy is in good hands?

A: I’ve known Bob for a little over 20 years now. Bob is still involved in the company, and will continue to be involved in product development and design as well as attending events. I believe he’ll actually be more involved moving forward than he has in a number of years.

Are you changing the name of BLAST?

A: For now it’s business as usual. Field One Paintball is the name of the newly formed company, so we’ll see what names we go with moving forward.

So did you purchase the assets, the whole company, inventory, what?

A: It’s a complicated situation. Bob is still involved in the company, and I am now running it. It’s a brand new company that owns everything, so I guess technically it was an asset purchase.

What attracted you to buying BLAST?

A: I’ve known Bob for a long time, and think he has great products. Getting involved with him was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

Is this a conflict of interest with Dynasty’s current gun sponsor: Planet Eclipse?

I have worked in an advisory role with Dynasty, which I am removing myself from to avoid a conflict of interest. Dynasty are a true professional Paintball team and will be conducting themselves as professionals. Dynasty is under contract with Planet Eclipse through the end of the 2016 season. Traditionally after World Cup they look at the next years sponsorships. We have already been in discussion with Planet Eclipse about my involvement with BLAST and what this means to Dynasty going forward. Actually, maybe Planet Eclipse can give you a better answer to this question? Can you ask Ledz or Jacko from Planet direct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledz of Planet Eclipse
Eric has been very upfront with Planet Eclipse and we have been talking for a while so we’re very much abreast of the situation. But, for now Dynasty are currently contracted to Planet Eclipse and we, as well as Dynasty, are both working hard towards the NXL World Cup to hopefully bring home back-to-back World Cup victories. After World Cup, Dynasty and Planet Eclipse will sit down to talk more about the future. Until then our focus for Dynasty, as it is for all of our teams, is to ‘Win World Cup’…

Ledz

What's the plan for new products Eric? Anything in the works you can share?

A: We hope to have some new stuff an Extravaganza in February, but I’ll wait to make any kind of announcement until we have a firm eta.

BLAST hasn’t sponsored teams in a while either, do you plan to sponsor any for 2017?

A: We’re planning on being more active which means looking at attending events again and sponsoring teams.

Thanks for taking the time to talk Eric. I want to wish you Dynasty good luck for the rest of the season, even if you are going to be less involved the rest of the year. Good luck with the new business venture, we will all be watching! Keep us posted on how it is going.

Does anyone have anything they want to ask Eric?

What does this mean for Dynasty?

What products do you think they should be concentrating on?

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 AM #3
Ryan.O
SaintS Scenario Paintball

Ryan.O posts videos on PbNation
Ryan.O has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Wow. Will be interesting to see the new direction. Good luck all!

Partnered with:
Paintball Explosion
601 Dundee Avenue
East Dundee, IL 60118

Check out my YouTube channel
Ryan.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 AM #4
ScottQ
lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Congrats to both Eric and Bob, sounds like a great situation. I can't wait to see some of their new products.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:04 AM #5
bobmcshooterton
Blunt Instrument

bobmcshooterton supports Ninja Paintball
This sounds great if they continue with good products and it allows them to up their presence/customer service/ products support. yippy

"Never go full chinstrap." Sgt. Lincoln Osiris
bobmcshooterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:04 AM #6
Old-Soul

Looking forward to seeing some BLAST teams again, it's been a while.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:05 AM #7
ironyusa

has been a member for 10 years
ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
I'm interested to see how this plays out in the long-term.

METHOD Development
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM #8
Turpid Porpoise
Original Join Date 8/2005

Turpid Porpoise plays in the APPA D4 division
I want to see a new spool valve platform. I loved my vcom but hat has been released for some time now.
Turpid Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM #9
tall white guy
. . .

tall white guy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tall white guy is an NCPA player
Dynasty Dragon Intimidator? It has a nice ring to it.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:08 AM #10
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss
I'm really glad to hear that Bob is still going to be involved. I have been a fan of BLAST fro a long time. It's good to hear that they are planning on getting more involved with paintball, and still working on new products!

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM #11
LEX_BALLER 3

Dynasty shooting Bob guns would be cool to see. I was starting to get really worried about BLAST. Glad they are taking some action to keep things a float
LEX_BALLER 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM #12
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss

Last edited by Intern1 : 09-21-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:15 AM #13
CA_Tectonics

Nice . This definitely fills in some of the gaps and gives a more clearer picture of the company(ies) moving forward.

Best of luck to Bob and Eric.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:18 AM #14
TheBroz

TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The new owners really need to concentrate on the basic stuff that BLAST seems to have really sucked at. Sort out the website so customers can easily see what's available and actually buy stuff, improve the supply chain to retailers in the US and abroad. Also they need to do the fundamental things like building up a presence on forums and social media. There should be someone official knocking about who can answer questions and help foster the community. Get these things right and people will be more willing to buy into the brand.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:20 AM #15
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Super69ur supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
I want to see a new spool valve platform. I loved my vcom but hat has been released for some time now.
Uhhhh, the Onslaught?

And the G6R has been around for longer than the VCOM. I think a Gen7 Timmy is more likely and more deserving.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:32 AM #16
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Wow first apple is buying mclaren and now this

What ****ing time did i wake up in today???
Old 09-21-2016, 11:35 AM #17
CPT@sales
Ultra Master Tech

CPT@sales supports DLX Technology
I am excite
CPT@sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:43 AM #18
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Rancid1845 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rancid1845 supports DLX Technology
Not a big surprise, Bob has been involved in other things for a while now. Plus the quality of product and warranty services have dropped drastically in the past year.
Top Gun T3
West Virginia University
Murder Inc. Silver
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 AM #19
jtguy2269

Eric is a great guy to work with. Can't wait for February, its been a really long time since I've bought a marker brand new. c'mon new timmy!
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:47 AM #20
TheBroz

TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
BLAST would be crazy to put much time/effort into a new Timmy, stacked poppet markers are such a tiny part of the market. Beside a handful of diehards, it's all about single tube enclosed designs because they are just more desirable to the majority of players.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:54 AM #21
jtguy2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroz View Post
BLAST would be crazy to put much time/effort into a new Timmy, stacked poppet markers are such a tiny part of the market. Beside a handful of diehards, it's all about single tube enclosed designs because they are just more desirable to the majority of players.
i feel like you are under estimating the timmy following. g6rs are still a very desirable marker and the PL's still sell for a pretty penny.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.