Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 AM #22
beekermartin

has been a member for 10 years
I got my first pieces in from Eclipse US today. I live in RI which happens to be where the main Eclipse distribution center resides for the US. I ordered a complete Emek frame which included the frame, trigger, trigger spring, push button safery, trigger pin, trigger plate with the 4 retaining screws and the front grip cover. I also ordered the trigger/3-way push pin which the trigger pushes on to activate the valve.

I am waiting for the Inception Fang trigger, the retaining pin and spring, Eclipse FL 3way and the Inception "secret pin" to come in. They should arrive tomorrow.

In theory the rest of the parts should come directly out of the Etha 2. That should arrive Saturday.

If I am correct, which I hope I am, that is all there is to the swap. Time will tell but I did enough research to lead me to believe I am correct. I will post again once the rest of the parts arrive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emek frame 3.jpg (1.19 MB, 4 views)

Last edited by beekermartin : 10-15-2021 at 12:58 AM.
beekermartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2021, 08:27 PM #23
beekermartin

Everything arrived today. I was correct in my original post. The air transfer tube is shorter for the Emek. I won't be able to test it until I get the shorter pipe. My friend has one I can borrow. He will bring it to the field Sunday. I'll post an update after that.

Everything else has gone smoothly. Once I have it completely done I will post a list of everything that is needed. I might even make a video showing how to do it step by step. I imagine that would be helpful for people considering doing this.

I don't know why this site is selling this part: https://spares.paintball.de/planet-e...e-assy/a-11987

Unless I am missing something there is no way the transfer pipe is the same length for the Etha 2 and Emek.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211015_213256_1634348054119.jpg (5.32 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by beekermartin : 10-15-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:43 PM #24
beekermartin

The Emek transfer pipe fit perfectly and it shoots awesome! I will post a list of exactly what is needed when I get home from the field.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:29 PM #25
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Nice! Glad to hear that you got it working.

Try putting the Solenoid and Board back in instead of the Mech Valve and see if you can make a single trigger electronic Marker.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:07 PM #26
Ghille-Man

Forgive me just want to clarify, so you did not have to change the transfer pipe or modify at all, the emek frame fit directly to the etha body ?
Ghille-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:34 PM #27
beekermartin

You need an Emek transfer pipe. The Etha 2 transfer pipe is too long. I attached a picture of both of them. I still can't figure out how the online vendor I linked to above is selling a transfer pipe that says it is for both the Emek and Etha 2?

Yes, the Etha 2 body bolts right onto the Emek frame. You don't have to change anything in the body. You can leave the eye reflectors too. You simply take the body off of the Etha 2 and bolt it onto the Emek frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211017_203406_1634517261846.jpg (1.45 MB, 4 views)

Last edited by beekermartin : 10-17-2021 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:37 PM #28
beekermartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Nice! Glad to hear that you got it working.

Try putting the Solenoid and Board back in instead of the Mech Valve and see if you can make a single trigger electronic Marker.
I will take a look but I doubt that would work. The trigger pin for the Emek rides in a channel in the frame. The micro switch of the Etha 2 I doubt will fit.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:36 PM #29
Mr. Charlie

Oh yeah. You would probably have to make some room for the Solenoid and Microswitch with like a Dremel or something and then you probably won’t be able to use the Mech Valve anymore.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:40 PM #30
beekermartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Oh yeah. You would probably have to make some room for the Solenoid and Microswitch with like a Dremel or something and then you probably won’t be able to use the Mech Valve anymore.
Exactly! Not a bad idea but not something I'm looking to do.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:04 PM #31
beekermartin

Here is a list of what you need to convert an Etha 2 into an Emek. Obviously you need a complete working Etha 2 first.

1. A complete Emek frame. That is the frame, foregrip cap, trigger plate, four trigger plate screws and the push button safety. I got a "complete frame" directly from Eclipse which also included the stock trigger, trigger pin and trigger spring. The part number from Eclipse is: SPA050669B010.

2. Stock Eclipse trigger/3-way push pin. The Eclipse part number is: SPA101132A000.

3. Emek air transfer tube. Unfortunately I don't have the Eclipse part number for it. A friend of mine gave me one. The Etha 2 transfer tube is too long. I posted a pic of the difference in an earlier post.

4. I went with the Inception Fang trigger (which includes their pin and spring), Inception Secret Pin and the Eclipse FL 3-way valve. You could use the stock equipment if you want to of course. The stock valve can be found for cheap on eBay. If you are doing this conversion I can't imagine you would want the stock trigger and valve but that is an option of course. The upgraded/aftermarket parts make a huge difference in terms of rate of fire.

Everything else you need can come from the Etha 2. With that said you might want to get an extra set of grips and the brass pins that hold the solenoid/valve/trigger pin in place. The trigger/3-way pin likes to fall out of place without the brass pin and the grips to hold the brass pin in place. If that pin falls out of place you need to remove the trigger to install it again. There might be a trick to install it without removing the trigger but I wasn't able to do it. If you had an extra set of brass pins and grips on the Emek frame that pin won't fall out of place. The second brass pin holds the valve in place as well. So you don't have to worry about that falling out as well. Of course that is very easy to reinstall when swapping frames so I wouldn't worry about that. If I was going to swap frames often I would definitely get the extra pins and grips. With that said it isn't necessary. Just be aware of that trigger/3-way pin and how annoying it is when it falls out of position. Which can easily happen without the brass pin holding it in position. The brass pin can also easily fall out of the grip frame when the grips aren't installed. Hopefully you get my point by now. If you plan on swapping back and forth fairly often get two extra brass pins and an extra set of grips. I ended up finding some wood rods that fit perfectly. I install them in the grip frame when it is not in use. They hold the trigger pin and valve in place well.

Once you have a complete Emek grip frame all you have to do is attach the Etha 2 body. Then remove the regulator and Pops ASA from the Etha 2 frame. Install the Emek transfer tube on the regulator and bolt it on to the Emek frame.

That is all there is to it.

Last edited by beekermartin : Yesterday at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:35 PM #32
Ghille-Man

Thanks dude!!
Ghille-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:01 PM #33
beekermartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghille-Man View Post
Thanks dude!!
Your welcome!