ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-05-2017, 05:49 PM #1
jakes78

has been a member for 10 years
jakes78 plays in the PSP
jakes78 is an NCPA player
Upstate Paintball Scene

Hey guys,

I moved to Greenville a little over a year ago, and have only played paintball a handful of times in the last several years (none in the Upstate). A few friends and I have been talking about playing some rec ball, and I wouldn't mind playing semi regularly again dependent on the atmosphere. I stopped in a local store today to ask questions about the scene, pricing, etc. Is paying $100 a day to play ($70/case of mid grade) really the norm in this area? The store clerk mentioned low attendance which isn't surprising.

Do most people just not play anymore or drive up to somewhere like Wolverine which appears to have fair prices? I'm not looking for the return of $50 multi case practices, but also don't want to play bad enough to get price gouged.
jakes78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2017, 05:36 AM #2
SCthumper

SCthumper owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
SCthumper owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
SCthumper has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
we had 84 people yesterday at redfox. It is 55 a case and 15 to play till the end of aug. Then it goes back to 60 a case and 20 to play sept 1. They are cash only and woodsball only .. no airball. Sat is for sure the better day during the summer months. Sunday starts picking up in october. If you stop by look me up I am usually the only one rocking tigers.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:31 PM #3
automagdude

automagdude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
automagdude posts videos on PbNation
automagdude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would like to play at pbc greenville for speedball, but paint is way too much. $70 bucks a case. Should be much lower...

A couple years ago I used to play at their advance speedball practices every weekend, and the prices were good. But now I heard they got rid of that.
RIP stcroixpaintball
http://www.garrettmaster.com/
automagdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:57 PM #4
wilbywise

There are some solid speedball groups/teams that come out to PBC pretty often on the weekends. Several of us will be setting the field up for the Chicago layout this Saturday.

*Feel free to ask one of us to "help" out with the paint pricing ..*
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 PM #5
automagdude

Do you guys play on saturday or sunday? What time does it start/end?
RIP stcroixpaintball
Old 08-18-2017, 05:08 PM #6
jakes78

jakes78 plays in the PSP
jakes78 is an NCPA player
We went to a clay shooting course instead on the weekend prospected for paintball. It blows my mind that was half the price of a day of paintball, so we'll be shooting clays once a month. The wholesale price of paint has only gone up a couple of dollars in the last several years, so it's a field owners decision.
jakes78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:24 PM #7
wilbywise

There are usually enough people to play points on both days, but Sunday will typically have the bigger turnout. Field opens up around 10 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. We setup the field to the Chicago layout today, so there should be a decent turnout tomorrow to play. If you are registered on a team you can get paint discounted to 40$ a case and 14$ for field fee and air...
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:51 PM #8
automagdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbywise View Post
There are usually enough people to play points on both days, but Sunday will typically have the bigger turnout. Field opens up around 10 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. We setup the field to the Chicago layout today, so there should be a decent turnout tomorrow to play. If you are registered on a team you can get paint discounted to 40$ a case and 14$ for field fee and air...
Getting back into paintball. Don't have a team Can I just jump on one and get the pricing?
RIP stcroixpaintball
Old 10-26-2017, 06:34 PM #9
UpstateSCPaintballer

I like paintball central as a field, and you can't beat the people there. I can't comment on the paint price I only play with their rec paint if that's want you want to call it. All around great place or best closest place for me lol
UpstateSCPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:56 PM #10
Jkc105

I was wondering how easy it is to get in on a game at Redfox. There will be atleast 3 of us if not 4. I could also possibly be bringing more. I'm working on setting up a team and was also wondering how we get registered to get the paint discount there. It would make it alot more convenient as well as more economical for us to play more often with cheaper paint prices.
Jkc105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:13 PM #11
SCthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkc105 View Post
I was wondering how easy it is to get in on a game at Redfox. There will be atleast 3 of us if not 4. I could also possibly be bringing more. I'm working on setting up a team and was also wondering how we get registered to get the paint discount there. It would make it alot more convenient as well as more economical for us to play more often with cheaper paint prices.
Just show up. Last few saturdays there were at-least 60-80 people show up to play. Mind you at-least 1/2 of them were renters but by the end of the day they fold everyone into one big group for some fun games. He doesn't budge from the 60 a case price... dont wast your time trying to negotiate it. If you have any questions PM me..
Old 04-28-2018, 06:05 AM #12
SCthumper

Red fox is celebrating 30 years in business at their current location next weekend 5th and 6th. He is running paint raffles off all weekend.. your field fee is an entry into the raffle.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:03 AM #13
kalin0071

Is this still happening?
I am trying to comeback from a 7 year retirement. Before I spend the money I am trying to find people to play with.
kalin0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:49 AM #14
SCthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalin0071 View Post
Is this still happening?
I am trying to comeback from a 7 year retirement. Before I spend the money I am trying to find people to play with.
As far as recball Redfox is almost always a good turnout. If you want speedball PBC is picking up...
Old 04-08-2021, 02:14 PM #15
bchil

PBcharleston

Talked to a ref there this last weekend and he said the speedball field will be up soon with its own pricing point for playing. looking forward to it!
bchil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:39 AM #16
Chadsc

Following up on this thread. Getting back into the sport after 8 years off. Local to paintball central, red fox is about 25 minutes from me. One better than the other?
Chadsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:55 PM #17
TheUnit36

Also newish to the area. Played at redfox once so far. Very cool woodsball field. Yet to be at PBC.
TheUnit36 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups