PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-16-2001, 04:50 PM #1
byron

Yet another leak in a different place!

Hey,
I got a F4 parts kit and now and changed my cup seal and springs and stuff (I was a busy beaver). Now it is leaking out that little pin hole next to the vertical adapter. What the hell is wrong with it now?!? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Byron
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2001, 05:26 PM #2
fleaf

same thing happened to me. I disassembled my whole gun and reassembled and it didn't leak out of the hole anymore. Now I have a leak from my cup seal. Try putting some teflon tape on the screws that goes throught the vertical adapter and oil the cup seal so you make sure it gets a good seal. Try that and see what happends. =)
Old 09-16-2001, 09:15 PM #3
byron

What screw on the vertical adapter??? The only one I can think of is the high torque bolt in the vertical adapter??? This is really pissing me off.

Byron
Old 09-17-2001, 09:00 PM #4
byron

Does anyone know what screws he's talking about? All I can think about it the high torque bolt. HELP ME PLEASE!

Byron
Old 09-17-2001, 09:50 PM #5
fleaf

yeah, hehe sorry for not clarifying that I didn't really know what the object was called . but yeah, the thing that screws through the vertical adapter that tightens it. or the "high toque bolt"
Old 09-18-2001, 12:15 PM #6
GattoDiavolo
Urban Mongol

has been a member for 10 years
What about the o-ring on your expansion chamber, where it screws into the vertical adapter? Is that o-ring in good shape?

There is an o-ring underneath that "high torque" bolt in the vertical adapter. This o-ring could be NFG, and need replacing. Use a 1/4" 12-point socket wrench to remove the bolt, and check the o-ring. When you re-assemble, use some Lock-Tite on the bolt threads to make sure it stays put...and try not to pinch the o-ring when you tighten the bolt down.

Reaper: Team Syndicate
**I make dead people**