PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2001, 11:59 PM #1
Staple

Angry F4 ventri bolt problem

i just got a ventri bolt for my F4 but when i try to use it i can't get the gun to cock it seems like the bolt is catching on something but if i put my stock bolt back in the gun works perfectly. does any body know why this may be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2001, 01:38 AM #2
fogbow

fogbow is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Do you mean it won't recock or just won't cock period?

Is there a lip or a edge on the front of it or anything?
Old 08-11-2001, 08:47 AM #3
Zee

I think I know the solution to this.

There is a small rolled pin in the side ofthe bolt (I believe holding the gas distribution mechanism in place). When I received mine, I had the same problem, and sure enough, that pin was not fully inserted (it's black metal) and was sticking up catchin the inside of the chamber. I had to use a set punch and a light hammer to seat the pin in flush with the bolt.

I also sent the gun to ACI and made them re[polish the interior because their bolt scratched the inside of the gun. I told them the bolt was defective and they installed a new venturi and polished the gun no charge.
Old 08-11-2001, 11:53 AM #4
fogbow

fogbow is a Supporting Member
Yea, my venturi had a little edge on it too...but I didn't have any problems with cocking it or anything. It did scrath up the inside of my gun but I ended up up taking some sand paper and steelwool to the chamber and the bolt and smoothed it out. This made it a lot smoother when firing, didn't have this weird "claking" sound aswell.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:40 PM #5
Staple

thanks for the help that wasn't the prob,em but i got it working any way
Old 09-09-2001, 12:23 AM #6
byron

Hey,
My Venturi scratched my interior up bad. Zee are you serious? If I send it to them will they polish it up for free since their bolt was defective? I was just going to buy a new body. Reply soon so I know. Thanks a bunch! That will save me money!

Byron
Old 09-09-2001, 09:57 AM #7
Zee

Call them!
Explain to them what happened. All I can say is, they took great care of me. I had just gotten the marker, and was MAD. All I had to pay was the shipping (about $8 from where I live)

Tell them you purchased a bolt, it was defective, and gouged the inside of your body. See what happens.
Old 09-09-2001, 10:16 PM #8
GattoDiavolo
Urban Mongol

Polishing

When I polished out my receiver, I used a strip of rag-cloth attached to a wooden dowel (about 1/4" dia. works well). I wound the cloth around the dowel and coated it with Mother's Mag Polish (available in automotive stores...washing and finishing aisles). I put the dowel in a power drill (I don't have a Dremel), and polished away! Start slow, and gently increase the speed.

Make sure you receiver is stripped of all extra parts (ball detent, sight rail, all internals, etc.). Wash the receiver thoroughly in warm soapy water and towel dry.

If your upper tube is gouged, Mag Polish isn't abrasive enough to really get the bad scratches out, however.

Reaper: Team Syndicate
**I make dead people**