Community Focus

Old 07-29-2020, 04:11 PM #1
ERA_Evil

ERA_Evil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ERA_Evil plays in the APPA D5 division
ERA_Evil has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Alien Deception with Virtue OLED EGO 09 Board

So I bought a used Deception, with LED board, and I managed to pick up a Virtue OLED from an 09 EGO, perfect fit.
I wanted to know if any one has the stock board settings from the OLED and how they translate to the Virtue OLED.

Basically I am looking for stock settings to put on the Virtue OLED board so that the Deception can work properly and as stock as possible.

Thanks for any support if anyone has done this
Vanguard Demon 2013 & Creed AR V2
Dye NT11
WGP Prostock 2k4
DP Rev-I
My eBay Feedback
ERA_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2020, 07:56 PM #2
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
I've also done this in the past. The only setting that may be variable between the two boards and can effect how the marker functions is dwell. Do you know what velocity the gun was shooting prior to the board swap? If so (and if the regulators are where they were) then you shouldn't have a problem. Set the dwell on the new board to the same setting as the old board, get the gun over a chrono and go from there.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:59 AM #3
ERA_Evil

ERA_Evil plays in the APPA D5 division
ERA_Evil has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't know how it shot, I bought it used on eBay, but when I tried my tank at home threads are screwed up, so I need to chase the threads, and since the guy said he hadn't used it in a while, I opened it up and re-lubed everything. I found a torn o-ring, the 11.5 x 1 from the valve, which I still need to buy. I don't know what the original dwell is, but judging from the manual, if the values stated in the PDF are true, then it was 18ms stock, so this is what I set it to, just wanted to confirm because I read in another thread somewhere to set it to 8ms, and that a lot of difference.
I asked Jack if by any chance he had a spare ASA housing but said he didn't, he just recommended to chase the threads. Other than those issues everything is alright. I just really wanted to have the OLED screen and found the opportunity on that Virtue so took it.
May I ask what your dwell is set at? I can work the regs over the chrono, but a base map would definitely help as a good starting point, I may not be the best tuner but I can hold my own, being as I tune all my markers
Vanguard Demon 2013 & Creed AR V2
Dye NT11
WGP Prostock 2k4
DP Rev-I
My eBay Feedback
ERA_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:45 AM #4
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
On the ASA thread topic, this is actually not very uncommon with them. I bet if you had 3 tanks, one or two would fit and one wouldn't. It's a stackup issue and the Deception ASA threads seem to be on the tight end of the spec. If you can find a 5/8-18 chaser bit, that may open it up enough to work with everything. If you've got a tank extender, give that a try....it may thread into the ASA and allow you to use the gun.

As for dwell, 18ms is definitely not correct. I think I run both of mine at 8ms. I recommend starting at 10ms with the new board and using a chrono to help you determine where the critical point is.

Just FYI, the LPR is very sensitive and has a very small operating window - too low and it won't cycle and too high and it'll sound like a cannon. Start low, get it to cycle correctly and give it an extra 1/8 turn max. That's with the HPR screw flush with the cap.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote