Sledge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:10 AM #3
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

has been a member for 10 years
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shocker all day. The XLS is much lighter than the Trex and I like the shot better. My son just traded for a trex and we sold it before we ever played with it. Just holding it and shooting a few shots in the yard I knew I would never use it. It's nothing like a G6R, Onslaught or Insight. I like those guns and the way they shoot. The trex is completely different feeling from them. I think a G6R and the Shocker would be harder to decide between because they are closer in feel. They both shoot great and are light and well balanced.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
Previous Gear
cyberpyr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:15 AM #4
kevcooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
Shocker all day. The XLS is much lighter than the Trex and I like the shot better. My son just traded for a trex and we sold it before we ever played with it. Just holding it and shooting a few shots in the yard I knew I would never use it. It's nothing like a G6R, Onslaught or Insight. I like those guns and the way they shoot. The trex is completely different feeling from them. I think a G6R and the Shocker would be harder to decide between because they are closer in feel. They both shoot great and are light and well balanced.
Maybe easier because I own a g6r so you would recommend the shocker xls or even the insight or onslaught
kevcooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:24 AM #5
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

I would recommend the shocker over the G6R in terms of simpler maintenance. As far as feel of the gun and shot quality, you can't go wrong with the shocker, G6R or Onslaught and I think they are all similar in terms of feel and performance. I had an Insight and though I liked the shot I don't think it was as good as the other 3. Mine never seemed to get me through the day. Maybe it was the one I bought, but it wasn't as reliable as I would have expected for a gun that was $1000 brand new. I had Richard Jones tech it and it still wasn't great. The G6R's we have had worked with no issues. Including the one we bought in pieces and put back together.

If you are looking at a trex or Ripper based on your other Bob Long guns like I did, I felt let down by the weight and shot of it compared to other BL guns I have owned or used. The G6R is super light and shoots smoothly with almost no kick. That's not these guns.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Previous Gear
Old 08-08-2020, 08:46 PM #6
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
The HK Trex is just a Bob Long Victory with the VIS engine. If the Trex wasn’t as smooth or smoother then your G6r then it was not tuned well. My Vics with VIS engines (including a HK Trex and Ripper Vcom) are all just about luxe smooth. I will say I take time to find the right pressures for each marker and engine. Every marker has pressures it runs best at and it can take time to find those pressures. Once you find them and set them ... it is set-it and forget-it simple.

Any Victory in my book is “better” in every category than the Ion, or Shocker. If you have time and temperament to setup the Victory right, she will sing. They are more complicated so you need to be ready for that. If you don’t want to deal with it and want something simple, the. The XLS is the marker for you.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:41 AM #7
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

It's not so much that the shot isn't smooth as it just has a different feel. It's hard to describe the shot of a Trex. It doesn't shoot like other (older) BL guns. Plus the weight. I am surprised how much the engines weigh. It really is a let down to me versus a G6R.
Previous Gear
Old 08-11-2020, 10:43 AM #8
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
It's not so much that the shot isn't smooth as it just has a different feel. It's hard to describe the shot of a Trex. It doesn't shoot like other (older) BL guns. Plus the weight. I am surprised how much the engines weigh. It really is a let down to me versus a G6R.
I take it this is your first Victory?

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:22 AM #9
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
I feel like you're judging the marker on some strange criteria.

The Victory is a badass platform.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote