Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2019, 11:44 PM #1
Spedlie1369

Old school players coming back

Is it me or is there a ton of old school players coming back into the scene again!?! If so it's going to be an epic year for the sport!
Spedlie1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2019, 01:38 PM #2
euphoria526
ZelRolFox's given

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
euphoria526 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
euphoria526 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I hope so. Those were the golden days Imo, right before the electro scene boomed and it was MOSTLY auto mags and autocockers. As fast as you can pull the trigger. And revolutions were king and force feed was barely conceptualized. When the game relied on aggression, communication, and teamwork. I’m all for it.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:55 PM #3
SCthumper

SCthumper owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
SCthumper owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
SCthumper has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
For sure I am seeing this as well. People that havent played in years dusting off old markers that havent seen the light of day since god knows when. Every week they come out to the field with untested equipment and I put it back together and we all have some fun. I love it when the old school player brings their kids out for their first time.....Magical!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:18 PM #4
moodydoody
Yup

moodydoody is a Supporting Member
moodydoody is a founding member
moodydoody has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Seems like a lot of us who played when we were young then stepped away are coming back with some free money and time in their 30’s and 40’s.

Hopefully we can help grow things and have some fun while we are at it.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:57 AM #5
Finster4

I just posted about this very thing in another thread. I started playing when I was in middle school in the late 80's. Mostly woods ball, we had no fields around then. But we did have 40 acres of riverbottom. Eventually we go some local fields and played up until about 2006 when the wife got pregnant. I never realized how time consuming kids were. But, my boy just turned 12 and started asking about paintball. So this year im dusting off my gear, and coming out of retirement. Bad back and all....
Finster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:17 AM #6
JJay03

I started playing in the mid-late 90’s and just got back into it recently. Now I have better equipment but I cant run like I use to either.

Last edited by JJay03 : 04-03-2019 at 04:19 AM.
JJay03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:54 PM #7
wiles

get old, get money, get bored = do things again
wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:11 PM #8
JJay03

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiles View Post
get old, get money, get bored = do things again
Pretty much lol.
JJay03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:08 PM #9
lavasta
ALCHEMIST

is playing at Living Legends XI
lavasta owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
lavasta has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Time for new gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
I started playing in the mid-late 90’s and just got back into it recently. Now I have better equipment but I cant run like I use to either.
LMAO! Bro Exactly how I feel. I started playing in 98 and played for many years. Growing up I didn't have the money to buy the markers I wanted. But now I do I'm just older and slower. Looking to get back into paintball after a few years of not playing. Kind of bad timing though because of the whole Corona thing. LOL
Old 04-03-2020, 07:02 PM #10
KennyP0wersmullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavasta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
LMAO! Bro Exactly how I feel. I started playing in 98 and played for many years. Growing up I didn't have the money to buy the markers I wanted. But now I do I'm just older and slower. Looking to get back into paintball after a few years of not playing. Kind of bad timing though because of the whole Corona thing. LOL
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/runaway.gif[/IMG]

That’s me right now too. Of course it happens during a pandemic. Also, now that I’m 30, I feel like I might die if I try to play speedball at the level I used to.
KennyP0wersmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:14 PM #11
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

I'm 32. You'll be fine as long as you're halfway in shape.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:13 AM #12
perfectpixie2005
LS1-28mpg and 350hp

I'm 33, been playing since '98 or so. I try to play at least once or twice a year, had a few years off due to moving around the country and having a kid last year. I play competitive softball so that helps, but I definitely can't play speed ball like I used to.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:36 PM #13
Renegade 1
TAPS/Court Jesters

Another old thread, but I am an old guy, 59, just played a 10 man mech tournament this past week end at PSI in NY, what a blast! Hadn't played in about 8 years but now I want try & play twice a month. There was a team made up of some of the legends of paintball, The Band, Bud Orr, Tom Schultz & lots of old timers, what an honor to play on the same field. I was really happy to see woods ball making a strong comeback, mech markers keeping the ROF to 5 bps, I don't think there is an age limit, just come out & have some fun!
Renegade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:28 PM #14
Morgenstern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade 1 View Post
Another old thread, but I am an old guy, 59, just played a 10 man mech tournament this past week end at PSI in NY, what a blast! Hadn't played in about 8 years but now I want try & play twice a month. There was a team made up of some of the legends of paintball, The Band, Bud Orr, Tom Schultz & lots of old timers, what an honor to play on the same field. I was really happy to see woods ball making a strong comeback, mech markers keeping the ROF to 5 bps, I don't think there is an age limit, just come out & have some fun!
That sounds like such a blast.
Morgenstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:00 PM #15
cbrstar

I'm 40 and I haven't played since 2004. But I want to get into it again this year. I've been trying to learn the changes and I am quite surprised at people wanting mechanical guns again.
cbrstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:20 PM #16
mooreshawnm

mooreshawnm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mooreshawnm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
47 and going to the Blitz in CO Saturday. Haven't played in years. Started in 89.
mooreshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote