PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2021, 09:06 AM #1
Takenaleft67

Help with a Jole Autococker

Hey all,

I'm trying to get a Jole up and running. Completely new to autocockers and I rebuilt the inline regulator and resolved all the leaks but it won't cycle. If I gas it up I have to manually cock it then push the bolt forward and fire but it won't recock afterwards. I tried adjusting the inIine reg and the LPR but no change. I got this marker under the impression that it was working fine with a different reg on it so I assumed all I had to do was rebuild the factory reg and it would be fine. I feel like I'm overlooking something simple....any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been reading some trouble shooting guides but I haven't found a solution yet so in the mean time i'll keep flipping through the forums for answers.
Takenaleft67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2021, 01:54 PM #2
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Is there resistance when you cycle the bolt back?
If not, then there's no pressure getting to the ram through the noid. That could indicate a problem with the noid, a problem with the LPR, or a problem with air getting to the LPR.

First, check your work. Slap the rebuilt reg on a gauge, or another gun, and confirm it's providing air.

Second, push the little orange button on the bottom of the cocking solenoid.
That should cause the noid to manually cycle if there is air pressure getting to it. If you push the button, and it cycles, then you have an electronics problem of one form or another.

If you push the button, and nothing happens, then you have an air supply problem.
First, adjust the knob on the LPR in while holding down the noid button. If the back block springs back before the knob bottoms out, you found the problem. The LPR was set too low, and blocking the flow of air to the noid.

If it doesn't move at all no matter where the knob is set, then it's either a there is a supply problem going to the LPR, or the LPR is completely blocked. Check the inline reg with a gauge, and make sure there's pressure coming out of it. If not, fix that, then repeat the test steps above.

If there is pressure coming out of the inline reg, but nothing from the LPR, remove the barb, then unscrew the body of the Tickler LPR from the base. You can leave the base in the front block, but don't drop anything when the seperate.
Now, using a screw in on/off, slowly gas up the gun, and confirm there is air going through the front block, and into the LPR body. You don't need much pressure to confirm it, so I would suggest a normal screw in on/off for this, or it's going to get very loud, very quickly.

If there's air making it out of the front block, rebuild the LPR.
If there's little or no air making it out of the front block, remove the LPR base, and reinstall it, but don't allow it to bottom out on the hole in the gas block. There has to be room at the bottom of the port for gas to enter the LPR.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:52 PM #3
Takenaleft67

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantrepes View Post
Is there resistance when you cycle the bolt back?
If not, then there's no pressure getting to the ram through the noid. That could indicate a problem with the noid, a problem with the LPR, or a problem with air getting to the LPR.

---> It feels like there is no pressure trying to push back the ram

First, check your work. Slap the rebuilt reg on a gauge, or another gun, and confirm it's providing air.

--> Yes put it on my ego and regulator works fine

Second, push the little orange button on the bottom of the cocking solenoid.
That should cause the noid to manually cycle if there is air pressure getting to it. If you push the button, and it cycles, then you have an electronics problem of one form or another.

--> This did not work

If you push the button, and nothing happens, then you have an air supply problem.
First, adjust the knob on the LPR in while holding down the noid button. If the back block springs back before the knob bottoms out, you found the problem. The LPR was set too low, and blocking the flow of air to the noid.

--> Does not move

If it doesn't move at all no matter where the knob is set, then it's either a there is a supply problem going to the LPR, or the LPR is completely blocked. Check the inline reg with a gauge, and make sure there's pressure coming out of it. If not, fix that, then repeat the test steps above.

If there is pressure coming out of the inline reg, but nothing from the LPR, remove the barb, then unscrew the body of the Tickler LPR from the base. You can leave the base in the front block, but don't drop anything when the seperate.
Now, using a screw in on/off, slowly gas up the gun, and confirm there is air going through the front block, and into the LPR body. You don't need much pressure to confirm it, so I would suggest a normal screw in on/off for this, or it's going to get very loud, very quickly.

If there's air making it out of the front block, rebuild the LPR.
If there's little or no air making it out of the front block, remove the LPR base, and reinstall it, but don't allow it to bottom out on the hole in the gas block. There has to be room at the bottom of the port for gas to enter the LPR.
--->Will try this next

---> I really appreciate you taking the time to help! Thanks!!!!!
Old 02-28-2021, 04:57 PM #4
Takenaleft67

One thing that was weird was I did get it to cycle briefly when I disconnected the tank but it still had air in the system it worked until it ran out of air. I tried to replicate this afterwords but I could not. Any idea why that would happen?

What a head scratcher this has turned out to be haha.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:05 PM #5
Takenaleft67

Ok I put my ego regulator on the Jole and it will cycle now.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:19 PM #6
Takenaleft67

But it won't recock itself still
Old 03-01-2021, 04:23 AM #7
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Do you have a gauge handy? You want to set the inline for the JOLE to about 300 psi as a starting point.
It sounds like the LPR needs attention. Pull it apart, and give it a good cleaning, and relube.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 AM #8
Takenaleft67

I do not have a gauge, I'll have to try to rig one up. I will try the LPR rebuild this afternoon