Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2019, 02:33 PM #106
rahquezf

Could you guys tell me some of the things you dislike about the changes that have happened since y'all played in the 90's.
rahquezf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2019, 06:45 PM #107
Clunkycocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahquezf View Post
Could you guys tell me some of the things you dislike about the changes that have happened since y'all played in the 90's.
Rec field culture and reffing. I might have gotten spoiled in the early 90's at Action Paintball Games in Sac. But cheating was very rare, everyone chronoed before every game. You'd get random gun makers, pro players etc out at the field. Bigger fields made capture the flag doable.

Coming back around 02 in the Bay area, it had changed. Rec was an afterthought with airball being the new focus. Fewer Chrono's, lazy reffing overall. Coming back again in early '16 was more of the same, though I've had good luck in finding a couple of local fields that still put on a decent rec game. Equipment disparity is obviously much broader now, but when done right it's not enough to spoil a fun day.
Clunkycocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:25 PM #108
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

It smells like icyhot in here.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:10 PM #109
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
That’s just your upper Lip.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:03 PM #110
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
That’s just your upper Lip.
Does my upper lip smell familiar? It should 🙂
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:28 AM #111
ravichopra

Nearing 50. First game in '89. Played a bit at Hamburger Hill in the Pittsburgh area with ROK, a few fun games with the All A's when they were training at local fields. After moving back to Michigan, played with a couple teams, ran a couple teams, had some fun with Fusion & Aftershock, wrote a few things on the internet, then for APG, then for PGI. Vanished from paintball for a while because life. Came back a few years ago, mostly at Futureball in MI when I can. You'll find me shooting a very old Autococker.
ravichopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:27 PM #112
Dickie

must be a mid life crisis, im 54, played from 88-2000 moved to the states and never played pro again, now kids are all grown up, house is almost paid off, decided i would like to play again, hoping it will count as exercise and help me drop some weight!
Dickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:06 PM #113
ParkerCHONGO

Damn reading all of these awesome stories of you guys playing in the 90's and stuff makes me wish I wasn't born in 96!
Old 05-10-2020, 05:52 PM #114
70oldsracer

I'm 52, from NY and started playing back in the late 80's early 90's. The rental guns back then were pump pistols and a few guys that played on teams had pump rifles. First started playing at a field in Coram Long island which I believe was Long Island Piantball, but is now owned by Cousins paintball. Made a lot of trips to Skirmish paintball in PA with a bus load of guys a few times a year and would play in Coram on the weekends. My first gun was a pump gun, USI Raider, it was a copy of the phantom. My first semi was a PMI e-force piranha. I believe the last time i played was in 2003 in PA for my bachelor party. When you booked a party of more than 25 people, the place gave you a free gun, I got a free Tippmann 98 custom. I came across all my old stuff while I was in the attic the other day and now my son (who is 12) wants to do it. I went through all my guns and they all work. Some oil here and a few o-rings there and they were all up and running.

The date on my co2 tank says it all lol!!
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:39 PM #115
geardownson

Annual Supporting Member
43 here. Got in in my 20s. First marker was a spyder. Played some 3 man in tourneys. Electros were just getting going at that time. I upgraded to an autococker and my team mate rocked an old school box shocker. Matrix and angels were the ****. The low end electros now are so much more affordable than back then. If you wanted any rate of fire you was spending 1k. The mentality and actual playing really hasnt changed much. When i get in money trouble the paintball stuff is first to go. Just re-bought gear again for the 3rd time. It keeps calling me back and i like playing with my son.
geardownson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:01 PM #116
WAFerguson

"Magic Carpet" Bob, the owner of American Canyon Paintball still plays there almost every weekend. I believe he's in his 70's...
WAFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:05 PM #117
nhyde07
PewPewPaintball.

nhyde07 is a Professional paintball player
nhyde07 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
nhyde07 plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFerguson View Post
"Magic Carpet" Bob, the owner of American Canyon Paintball still plays there almost every weekend. I believe he's in his 70's...
That's so awesome, and something thats really cool about paintball. Really no matter the age, athleticism, etc a classic game of woodsball is the great equalizer.

Enjoy Paintball
Wear your passion!
www.enjoypaintball.com
nhyde07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:02 PM #118
Halo2x
~-~-~-~

Halo2x is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyde07 View Post
That's so awesome, and something thats really cool about paintball. Really no matter the age, athleticism, etc a classic game of woodsball is the great equalizer.
I love every type of play but that's still my favorite.