lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Bill C-21 and how it impacts paintball in Canada

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...ms/c21-en.aspx

There is a lot of talk on social media about how this might impact paintball in Canada. As I read it, it doesn't impact it much -

Quote:
Ensure mid-velocity 'replica' firearms are prohibited
Update the Criminal Code to ensure that any device, including an unregulated airgun that looks exactly like a conventional regulated firearm (i.e., shoots over 500 feet per second), is prohibited for the purposes of import, export, sale and transfer.
Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else.
No further 'replica' firearms could be imported into, or sold/transferred in Canada.
This amendment does not affect other types of airguns that do not exactly replicate a conventional regulated firearm.
What are your thoughts?
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2021, 04:29 PM #2
ADTP28

If I'm reading it right it shouldn't effect paintball since it's not a firearm. The part you're referring to unfortunately targets airsoft. I'm not sure if the Canadian government has a problem with them being used as a weapon or that they don't like them looking like actual guns. If it's the former I've never heard of airsoft guns being used so frequently for crimes that they require a bill for outlaw. If it's the latter you'd think adding the orange tip would aid in identification of a fake gun.
ADTP28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:47 PM #3
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
ive done quite a bit of looking into this topic, and it affects anything that is a replica of a real steel, OR styled after a real steel. so a bunch of milsim magfed stuff will be affected. any of the ak, ar, m16, sniper markers from tippmann, first strike, tacamo, milsig, valken, maxtact, tiberius.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:02 PM #4
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
can any of the guns,
Quote:
first strike, tacamo, milsig, valken, maxtact, tiberius
shoot paint over 500 fps with adjustment out of the box?

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:57 PM #5
PBSales

It seems they are mostly talking about air guns, as in pellet guns. Air guns/pellet guns are quickly becoming very powerful. They are making them up to 50 caliber and some can shoot 700+ft lbs. They are also selling them in semi/full auto now. The air gun industry is in an arms race to build bigger more powerful guns at the moment. There is a big push to use them as hunting rifles for bigger game here in the US. They have some advantages over regular fire arms... mainly they are more quiet and a way for people to skirt the standard firearm laws.

In many European countries you can not shoot an air rifle that produces more than 12 ft lbs without a special permit.

With that being said the milsim looks probably has a lot to do with it also. Politicians don't like that at all.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:29 AM #6
Paul77

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
can any of the guns,

shoot paint over 500 fps with adjustment out of the box?
From how’s it’s worded, it’s NOT over 500fps AND/OR the replica/styled point.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...r-new-gun-bill

https://www.popularairsoft.com/bill-...a-if-it-passes

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Last edited by Paul77 : 02-22-2021 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:04 AM #7
(dr)

It's pretty clear this is meant to regulate air rifles.

They can be used to hunt some game as big as boars.

Ask yourself why this is an issue though. How many people have been killed by air rifles in Canada? Or are they just passing laws that don't fix their actual issues.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:29 PM #8
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post

Ask yourself why this is an issue though. How many people have been killed by air rifles in Canada? Or are they just passing laws that don't fix their actual issues.
Exactly. Really sad to see.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:57 PM #9
Paul77

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

this has nothing to do with anything besides removing "guns" and "gun culture" the government wants to get rid of guns in any and all forms besides a classic hunting rifle and a standard shotgun which are needed for hunting. trying to get rid of these would affect our indigenous cultures and farmers and that would be a fight the government couldnt win.

this fight how ever will have to much bleeding heart support and will get passed by all the millennials. the small amount of tax collected from all these shooting/airsoft hobbies isnt even a factor for them.

Last edited by Paul77 : 02-22-2021 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:24 PM #10
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
From how’s it’s worded, it’s NOT over 500fps AND/OR the replica/styled point.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...r-new-gun-bill

https://www.popularairsoft.com/bill-...a-if-it-passes
ah, and/or, vs both being qualifiers.

as to the reason for the bill,
Its maybe to be preventative.

In my hometown, a small child of 10 was shot by law enforcement, partly because of such confusion.

Ignoring all of the minutia...
confusion on real steel vs it being an airsoft gun was a factor.
Quote:
Or are they just passing laws that don't fix their actual issues.
I think laws are trying to be passed to address issue, but I agree that these dont solve an issue.

parts of the problem lie with authority,
parts of the problem lie with the public,

Old 02-22-2021, 11:16 PM #11
hth_1
Another Canadian

plays in the NXL
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
hth_1 supports Ninja Paintball
Sounds like par for the course. Why am I not surprised? Can y’all middle USA just succeed so middle Canada can join you?
-EMek
-EMG100
-Urban HDE GMek
-Phantoms
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:18 AM #12
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:

Politicians typically left leaning, always go after what ever “lOoKs sCaRy,” and the way they do this is by presenting the minority issues, as the majority. Take the AR-15 for example. More people are killed by hammers and FIST FIGHTS, in America on a yearly basis then any sort of rifle. Same thing with covid. Present the minority as the majority by showing the one guy in the hospital on a ventilator, and ignoring the other 900+ people that barely gave them the sniffles. It’s a total play on your emotions and they do this through main stream media, big tech and Silicon Valley etc. I can go on and on about all the topics they do this to, but it would turn into a book. A lot of Airsoft guns look like military rifles, not surprising that Canada would do this, and America is following closely behind.

Don’t give the government an inch. They said “two weeks to slow the spread,” and now they took a mile.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:05 AM #13
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
I was actually going to agree with you but you included a tangent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
... Same thing with covid.
Wrong. Source: my brother who's in charge of an ICU in South Carolina and deals with the deaths first hand. While there are far more than "1 person on a ventilator" if we TAKE NO ACTION it won't just be "1 person on a ventilator". It will be far more. And more with long-haul affects of the disease.

No government official said it would ONLY be two weeks (use your own brain... a pandemic doesn't end in two weeks). And in two weeks we did slow the spread. You can see it in the graphs Mar 28 2020 for two weeks after President Trump's two weeks to flatten the curve. The image is for new york
Attached Images
File Type: png newplot.png (20.2 KB, 8 views)
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 02-23-2021 at 09:15 AM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:57 AM #14
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
I was actually going to agree with you but you included a tangent.

Wrong. Source: my brother who's in charge of an ICU in South Carolina and deals with the deaths first hand. While there are far more than "1 person on a ventilator" if we TAKE NO ACTION it won't just be "1 person on a ventilator". It will be far more. And more with long-haul affects of the disease.

No government official said it would ONLY be two weeks (use your own brain... a pandemic doesn't end in two weeks). And in two weeks we did slow the spread. You can see it in the graphs Mar 28 2020 for two weeks after President Trump's two weeks to flatten the curve. The image is for new york
“No government official said it was going to last two weeks”.... I was referring to the lockdowns, not the pandemic. I’ve already had this talk with you about how severely inflated the deaths are in America. It turns out the CDC put out a call telling physicians and medical examiner’s to de emphasize underlying conditions when it comes to listing covid deaths , covid was supposed to be listed in part 1 of death certificates, as the definitive cause of death, rather then part two as a “contributor to death”. In other words, they changed how they listed deaths from viral infections, compared to how they’ve listed them in the past 20 years. A few months ago the CDC reported that only 6% of covid deaths, died directly from covid alone, and on average everyone else had 2.5 comorbidities.

Now, January 20th, Inauguration Day, the WHO and the CDC changed the definition of a covid cases. Now they’re only counting those who have moderate to severe symptoms as covid cases. They’re not counting mild or a symptomatic anymore, which is why covid cases have dropped. Being PCR+ is no longer enough to test positive for covid. Glad joe Biden is here to save the day. I almost voted for him, just so big tech, big pharmaceutical, big media, big Corporations, and my democratic governor would stop holding us hostage. Glad everyone has eased covid restrictions a lot now.

http://https://www.who.int/news/item...-users-2020-05
Old 02-23-2021, 11:07 AM #15
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Would you shut up man
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:20 PM #16
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

Quote:
Politicians typically left leaning, always go after what ever “lOoKs sCaRy,” and the way they do this is by presenting the minority issues, as the majority. Take the AR-15 for example. More people are killed by hammers and FIST FIGHTS, in America on a yearly basis then any sort of rifle. Same thing with covid. Present the minority as the majority by showing the one guy in the hospital on a ventilator, and ignoring the other 900+ people that barely gave them the sniffles. It’s a total play on your emotions and they do this through main stream media, big tech and Silicon Valley etc. I can go on and on about all the topics they do this to, but it would turn into a book. A lot of Airsoft guns look like military rifles, not surprising that Canada would do this, and America is following closely behind.

Don’t give the government an inch. They said “two weeks to slow the spread,” and now they took a mile.
I will agree that firearms are demonized in ways they shouldn't be,

the rest of the post takes a tangent that is so far from the the point's direction, it makes infinite orthogonal vectors jealous.

numbers of hammers and fistfights are more readily available than AR15s.
its like saying 99 percent of all sharkattacks happen in shallow water.
"frikkin duh, its where people happen to swim"

your point on covid though is wrong.
your numbers are off, and the dangers covid can present and continue to present you completely ignore.

Quote:
“No government official said it was going to last two weeks”.... I was referring to the lockdowns, not the pandemic. I’ve already had this talk with you about how severely inflated the deaths are in America.

Numbers not adding up? the deaths are inflated in the US?
you mean how they match distributions and models of prior outbreaks, and our numbers match expected number of under developed countries that dont have accessible testing, forced lockdowns, or adequate access to healthcare.

It turns out the CDC put out a call telling physicians and medical examiner’s to de emphasize underlying conditions when it comes to listing covid deaths ,
covid was supposed to be listed in part 1 of death certificates, as the definitive cause of death, rather then part two as a “contributor to death”. In other words, they changed how they listed deaths from viral infections, compared to how they’ve listed them in the past 20 years. A few months ago the CDC reported that only 6% of covid deaths, died directly from covid alone, and on average everyone else had 2.5 comorbidities.

There is also a huge lack of understanding of this virus and its effects on humans. This includes categorizing and definitions in tracking. Look at history if you want to learn, or dont if you want to be doomed to repeat it. You dont die from AIDS typically but bto leave it out of the equation makes math teachers mad..

Now, January 20th, Inauguration Day, the WHO and the CDC changed the definition of a covid cases. Now they’re only counting those who have moderate to severe symptoms as covid cases.

youre ignoring a ton of info
testing still applies to the tally of cases, "laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence" prior counts included per the CDC potential cases based on reported symptoms. Id like to know what made this change for counting as it still ignores those without access to testing but still present symptoms.

They’re not counting mild or a symptomatic anymore, which is why covid cases have dropped. Being PCR+ is no longer enough to test positive for covid.

so you know why that specific test is no longer valid? I dont, i can think of a very valid reason though.
polymerase chain reaction test look for DNA sequences that may not be applicable for a virus that is already mutating and changing. especially a viruse that we know so much about and have libraries of information on

sarcasm there. just in case.

Glad joe Biden is here to save the day. I almost voted for him, just so big tech, big pharmaceutical, big media, big Corporations, and my democratic governor would stop holding us hostage. Glad everyone has eased covid restrictions a lot now.

it good knowing the Q cult has intelligent people.

Last edited by jonotwist : 02-24-2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:49 PM #17
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
Quote:

I will agree that firearms are demonized in ways they shouldn't be,

the rest of the post takes a tangent that is so far from the the point's direction, it makes infinite orthogonal vectors jealous.

numbers of hammers and fistfights are more readily available than AR15s.
its like saying 99 percent of all sharkattacks happen in shallow water.
"frikkin duh, its where people happen to swim"

your point on covid though is wrong.
your numbers are off, and the dangers covid can present and continue to present you completely ignore.

Quote:
“No government official said it was going to last two weeks”.... I was referring to the lockdowns, not the pandemic. I’ve already had this talk with you about how severely inflated the deaths are in America.

Numbers not adding up? the deaths are inflated in the US?
you mean how they match distributions and models of prior outbreaks, and our numbers match expected number of under developed countries that dont have accessible testing, forced lockdowns, or adequate access to healthcare.

It turns out the CDC put out a call telling physicians and medical examiner’s to de emphasize underlying conditions when it comes to listing covid deaths ,
covid was supposed to be listed in part 1 of death certificates, as the definitive cause of death, rather then part two as a “contributor to death”. In other words, they changed how they listed deaths from viral infections, compared to how they’ve listed them in the past 20 years. A few months ago the CDC reported that only 6% of covid deaths, died directly from covid alone, and on average everyone else had 2.5 comorbidities.

There is also a huge lack of understanding of this virus and its effects on humans. This includes categorizing and definitions in tracking. Look at history if you want to learn, or dont if you want to be doomed to repeat it. You dont die from AIDS typically but bto leave it out of the equation makes math teachers mad..

Now, January 20th, Inauguration Day, the WHO and the CDC changed the definition of a covid cases. Now they’re only counting those who have moderate to severe symptoms as covid cases.

youre ignoring a ton of info
testing still applies to the tally of cases, "laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence" prior counts included per the CDC potential cases based on reported symptoms. Id like to know what made this change for counting as it still ignores those without access to testing but still present symptoms.

They’re not counting mild or a symptomatic anymore, which is why covid cases have dropped. Being PCR+ is no longer enough to test positive for covid.

so you know why that specific test is no longer valid? I dont, i can think of a very valid reason though.
polymerase chain reaction test look for DNA sequences that may not be applicable for a virus that is already mutating and changing. especially a viruse that we know so much about and have libraries of information on

sarcasm there. just in case.

Glad joe Biden is here to save the day. I almost voted for him, just so big tech, big pharmaceutical, big media, big Corporations, and my democratic governor would stop holding us hostage. Glad everyone has eased covid restrictions a lot now.

it good knowing the Q cult has intelligent people. youre following the typical Q troll playbook,
one reasoned thought and then a litany filled with misrepresented quotations.

“ Numbers not adding up? the deaths are inflated in the US?
you mean how they match distributions and models of prior outbreaks, and our numbers match expected number of under developed countries that dont have accessible testing, forced lockdowns, or adequate access to healthcare.”

Nope! Referring to how drug overdoses, drownings, car accidents, homicides and even suicides have been listed as covid deaths. That’s the “section 2” on the death certificates that I’ve talked about, is being added to the total tally.

Where did the flu go? Did all these masks seriously kill off the flu by lowering flu cases and deaths by 95%+, while covid spreads like wild fire? That one sure doesn’t add up.

“ so you know why that specific test is no longer valid? I dont, i can think of a very valid reason though.
polymerase chain reaction test look for DNA sequences that may not be applicable for a virus that is already mutating and changing. especially a viruse that we know so much about and have libraries of information on”

The test is still being used, You have to be PCR+ TWICE in a row now.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:15 PM #18
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Can we not get into this again...
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:07 PM #19
ori1984
actual 2k6r

This threads been highjacked...
ori1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:24 PM #20
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

Quote:
“ Numbers not adding up? the deaths are inflated in the US?

Nope! Referring to how drug overdoses, drownings, car accidents, homicides and even suicides have been listed as covid deaths. That’s the “section 2” on the death certificates that I’ve talked about, is being added to the total tally.

Where did the flu go? Did all these masks seriously kill off the flu by lowering flu cases and deaths by 95%+, while covid spreads like wild fire? That one sure doesn’t add up.

The test is still being used, You have to be PCR+ TWICE in a row now.
again, you make plenty of presumptions.
and then you shift to obfuscate a relation between similar symptom diseases that are drastically different in their means of body attack.

Did you happen to ask why the test is done twice now? was something learned that one test is insufficient?

Lastly, your claims are not as you make them.
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/sc...ovid-19-tests/
Stay in your Q echo chambers so no one else has to hear your willfully destructive nonsense.

Im done with you.

Last edited by jonotwist : 03-01-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:19 PM #21
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ori1984 View Post
This threads been highjacked...
that's trevor for you...
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.