ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-28-2021, 04:46 PM #85
paintballer3

has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellaric View Post
Is the NXL doing blind layouts this year?
I believe so
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2021, 08:56 PM #86
Skipdogg

Geez, some woke Karen's in this thread for sure.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:54 AM #87
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Can you imagine someone telling you that cloth masks prevent 0.12 micron particles from being infected exhaled or inhaled, but don’t reduce any oxygen flow or disrupt air intake? That just happened......seriously, it just happened. And then he says I’m just “trolling,” for pointing out the obvious conflicting dilemmas
Here's an article from the Franklin Institute. I'll pull out the part that pertains to what you're saying, and put it in quotes. I'll bold the exact part you are arguing, as well.

Is the Franklin institute a valid source for information? I'd say so.
At this point, this is no longer open for discussion. You have a choice to decide that you've been misinformed, or that you don't believe in science. Either way, this discussion is closed.

Quote:
Am I in danger of breathing in too much carbon dioxide from wearing a mask?

No. Let’s talk about size again. Remember how the coronavirus is about 0.1 microns wide? A molecule of carbon dioxide is about 0.00033 microns wide, and oxygen is about the same—almost a thousand times smaller. No molecule that small will get trapped in a mask. To help us picture the difference, let’s estimate that the period you see at the end of this sentence is about 1 millimeter wide. If we pretend that the period represents a molecule of oxygen or carbon dioxide, then the virus would be about the size of a meterstick!

Even though your body is getting the oxygen it needs, breathing through a mask can feel uncomfortable. Make sure that your mask is snug around your nose and under your chin, but not tight over your face. Experiment with different types of masks to find one that fits best. And, keep an extra mask handy so that you can change if it builds up moisture. The more you wear your mask, the more you’ll get used to it.
Interesting how it doesn’t include “mask getting sucked into mouth during high intensity training.” Ya, I’ll believe my bodies response, not everything written and sponsored by google after April of 2020 during a HEAVILY POLITICIZED event. Oh, but here’s some peer reviewed data/articles from the Lancet and others, Well before the politicized pandemic, written from 2009-2019 saying most masks in general don’t work, and had “very little significance” in preventing cold or flu viruses.

Cowling, B. et al. (2010) “Face masks to prevent transmission of influenza virus: A systematic review,” Epidemiology and Infection, 138(4), 449-456.

Bin-Reza et al. (2012) “The use of masks and respirators to prevent transmission of influenza: a systematic review of the scientific evidence,” Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 6(4), 257–267.

Smith, J.D. et al. (2016) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” CMAJ Mar 2016

Jacobs, J. L. et al. (2009) “Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: A randomized controlled trial,” American Journal of Infection Control, Volume 37, Issue 5, 417–419.

Long, Y. et al. (2020) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against influenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” J Evid Based Med. 2020; 1–9. (January 2020)

“Covid-19 infections commonly occur via aerosolized particles not just droplets. Masks and air filters can remove very small particles, such as bacteria and viruses but a single coronavirus particle size ranges from 70–90 nm. This is one hundred times smaller than a tenth of a micron.”

You’re more then welcome to send me peer reviewed studies proving otherwise, but quite frankly I’m not going to look at anything that was written after March of 2020. We have the highest rates of masks worms, and the most horrendous infection numbers. Doesn’t sound like masks are working too well.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 01-29-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:52 PM #88
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Interesting how it doesn’t include “mask getting sucked into mouth during high intensity training.” Ya, I’ll believe my bodies response, not everything written and sponsored by google after April of 2020 during a HEAVILY POLITICIZED event. Oh, but here’s some peer reviewed data/articles from the Lancet and others, Well before the politicized pandemic, written from 2009-2019 saying most masks in general don’t work, and had “very little significance” in preventing cold or flu viruses.

Cowling, B. et al. (2010) “Face masks to prevent transmission of influenza virus: A systematic review,” Epidemiology and Infection, 138(4), 449-456.

Bin-Reza et al. (2012) “The use of masks and respirators to prevent transmission of influenza: a systematic review of the scientific evidence,” Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 6(4), 257–267.

Smith, J.D. et al. (2016) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” CMAJ Mar 2016

Jacobs, J. L. et al. (2009) “Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: A randomized controlled trial,” American Journal of Infection Control, Volume 37, Issue 5, 417–419.

Long, Y. et al. (2020) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against influenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” J Evid Based Med. 2020; 1–9. (January 2020)

“Covid-19 infections commonly occur via aerosolized particles not just droplets. Masks and air filters can remove very small particles, such as bacteria and viruses but a single coronavirus particle size ranges from 70–90 nm. This is one hundred times smaller than a tenth of a micron.”

You’re more then welcome to send me peer reviewed studies proving otherwise, but quite frankly I’m not going to look at anything that was written after March of 2020. We have the highest rates of masks worms, and the most horrendous infection numbers. Doesn’t sound like masks are working too well.
Dude just stop. It is sad now. We have moved onto the NXL and if they are doing blind layouts.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 01-29-2021 at 02:01 PM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:27 PM #89
AliasDave05

What are the pro's and con's of blind layouts?
Old 01-29-2021, 03:42 PM #90
pyrothug434

pyrothug434 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasDave05 View Post
What are the pro's and con's of blind layouts?
Pro-
Less bounce shots
Even opportunity regardless of financial situation( teams who can afford to practice the layout 2-4 times a week leading up to events vs teams who can only practice once a week)

Cons-
Can't practice on the field layout
Less time to figure out plays
Less time to figure out lanes off break
Old 01-29-2021, 04:02 PM #91
nichonitro
^ doesn't know anything

nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrothug434 View Post
Pro-
Less bounce shots
Even opportunity regardless of financial situation( teams who can afford to practice the layout 2-4 times a week leading up to events vs teams who can only practice once a week)

Cons-
I can't stand the "can't afford to practice" point people try to make.

If you are playing at a national level and you can't afford to practice the weeks leading up to the event what are you even doing? showing up for fun? then a blind layout wont help or hurt you... you were never in the running.
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:30 PM #92
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
I can't stand the "can't afford to practice" point people try to make.

If you are playing at a national level and you can't afford to practice the weeks leading up to the event what are you even doing? showing up for fun? then a blind layout wont help or hurt you... you were never in the running.
He clearly was referring to the pro teams that practice 6-8 days over two weeks with access to unlimited paint on these layouts. Hell, there are even divisional teams now shooting 120-150 cases on doubles the two weeks prior to the event now. That is just not realistic for 95% of the teams out there

where were you, the day the forums died.

Last edited by tweeter4 : 01-29-2021 at 04:37 PM.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:48 PM #93
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrothug434 View Post
Pro-
Less bounce shots

Cons-
All o your listed cons sound like a pro, if you ask me.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:58 PM #94
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Blind layouts are so much more fun. There are no cons just work on your fundamentals and teamwork and that will help you win.

A team I can think of in the divisional ranks that took advantage of layouts being released was Paintball Fit. When we played them at 2019 Chicago in D3 they had bounce shots dowwwn and we had our home players catching pack hits and getting penalties almost every point.

Not to take away anything from them. Those guys work super hard and are amazing players, but that instance showed me we did not play the layout enough and probably could never match the amount of time that they spent on it.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:02 PM #95
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Blind layouts are so much more fun. There are no cons just work on your fundamentals and teamwork and that will help you win.

A team I can think of in the divisional ranks that took advantage of layouts being released was Paintball Fit. When we played them at 2019 Chicago in D3 they had bounce shots dowwwn and we had our home players catching pack hits and getting penalties almost every point.

Not to take away anything from them. Those guys work super hard and are amazing players, but that instance showed me we did not play the layout enough and probably could never match the amount of time that they spent on it.
Well when your Dad owns a paintball field and you get GI at wholesale price, you are going to be able to learn every possible shot on that field.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:09 PM #96
Trum_15

plays in the NXL
Trum_15 supports Team VICIOUS
Trum_15 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post

It not always about playing the layout. When i played NXL we would run points saturday for a couple hours, then take some time and a case or two of paint to find bounce shots and lanes. The points were nice to figure out key bunkers, but the time at the end of the day to figure out lanes, and bounce shots, were wayyy more useful.

i do agree blind layouts will be better, and should force teams to work on fundamentals more.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:17 PM #97
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
It is. Making me wear a piece of cloth on my face that does nothing to protect anyone as a show of compliance is tyranny.

If they cared they would require medical grade. It's not about saving people either or they'd target things that kill more people per year than corona.

It's about control. That's it. And neither party you could vote for will save you.

GTFO with that junk.

1) it does protect others (you cover your sneezes or do you just sneeze into the open air?)
2) if you think this is control? I can do literally anything still with a mask on
3) if you think its is tyranny you need to get out and see some other countries and how they treat people. You want control an tyranny? Try countries that seize passports from workers.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:23 PM #98
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

Quote:
Can you imagine someone telling you that cloth masks prevent 0.12 micron particles from being infected exhaled or inhaled, but don’t reduce any oxygen flow or disrupt air intake? That just happened......seriously, it just happened. And then he says I’m just “trolling,” for pointing out the obvious conflicting dilemmas
wow. .12 micron particle is the size of the virus. The mask isn't filtering just the virus because the virus itself isn't what's floating around. The virus is carried BY BODILY FLUID. The moist mist that you sneeze or cough up gets caught in the mask and therefore the virus is stuck too.

You think a cloth mask would reduce oxygen flow? Then all those surgeons must be passing out when they use those eh? How about those people that put in fiberglass insulation that wear N95 masks. They must be passing out from lack of oxygen.

You don't even know you the numbers you quote actually mean! Gosh, read a book, please.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
Old 01-31-2021, 05:38 PM #99
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

Quote:
lol. your sources you cite call for further study! Hmm when have we had further detailed study on the issue.

"There is some evidence to support the wearing of masks or respirators during illness to protect others, and public health emphasis on mask wearing during illness may help to reduce influenza virus transmission". "Further studies in controlled settings and studies of natural infections in healthcare and community settings are required"

You chose to use old data instead of realizing the value of further research. Furthermore you continue to cite INFLUENZA. Which is much less contagious. Therefore some protection is even more effective when a disease is highly contagious.

You probably think the center of the universe is still earth because of all the political ramifications of learning about the real heliocentric nature of the universe?
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
Old 01-31-2021, 05:56 PM #100
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

Quote:
Here's an article from the Franklin Institute. I'll pull out the part that pertains to what you're saying, and put it in quotes. I'll bold the exact part you are arguing, as well.

Is the Franklin institute a valid source for information? I'd say so.
At this point, this is no longer open for discussion. You have a choice to decide that you've been misinformed, or that you don't believe in science. Either way, this discussion is closed.
Thank you for trying but Trevor won't look at anything recent even though his own cited works call for further research.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
Old 01-31-2021, 06:43 PM #101
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
One more con that i have heard is that if we have blind layouts then teams wont practice as much so fields wont make as much money. I have no idea if that is actually true, but the last couple times blind layouts have been brought up that topic always came up.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:48 PM #102
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
One more con that i have heard is that if we have blind layouts then teams wont practice as much so fields wont make as much money. I have no idea if that is actually true, but the last couple times blind layouts have been brought up that topic always came up.
They will still practice. In the old NPPL days teams still organized practices against each other before events. If for some reason teams hate it the NXL can always change it next year.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:04 PM #103
sellaric
Charlie561

One thing that worries me on blind layouts is the pace of the game and the pace at which teams will "learn" the layout and the shots.

My only real concern is that at the start of the tournament teams will just pick a lets grab 11 pods and cross it up until we learn the layout. Then as the event moves on and we learn the layout we can start being more aggressive.
sellaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:01 PM #104
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellaric View Post
One thing that worries me on blind layouts is the pace of the game and the pace at which teams will "learn" the layout and the shots.

My only real concern is that at the start of the tournament teams will just pick a lets grab 11 pods and cross it up until we learn the layout. Then as the event moves on and we learn the layout we can start being more aggressive.
To me, this is part of paintball. How fast can you learn the layout?
Old 01-31-2021, 09:13 PM #105
PBSales

Quote:
To me, this is part of paintball. How fast can you learn the layout?
Imagine if they went back and you played 8 different fields. You wouldn't need to learn a layout. You just need to be a better paintball team than the other guys.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.