Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-24-2021, 04:44 PM #43
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
The only true scientific study done in the world to this point around the effectiveness of cloth masks to prevent the spread of COVID was done in the Netherlands. Cloth masks were found to be ineffective in preventing the spread of COVID. There has been a lot of “studies” of antidotal evidence that suggests a cloth mask is better than nothing. Diligent hand washing, and sanitization of common areas was much more effective in that Netherlands study.

COVID will be with us forever. While it is more infectious and deadly than the flu, (especially for those over 65) we can not keep the world locked down forever. Vaccinations will help, but I believe we will end up getting yearly COVID shots just like we get yearly flu shots as the virus continues to mutate.

I’ll continue to wear a mask and be as careful as possible ... I’m not concerned with getting COVID, but I want to do everything possible to keep from giving my parents the virus. While they will be getting the vaccine in the next few weeks, that will not prevent them from getting the virus of course, it will just make them much more resistant to it.

Just use common sense folks.
I agree, I think unfortunately this is something that might not go away, I think numbers will significantly drop soon though, and then it’s going to become the seasonal flu 2.0, once we’ve hit heard immunity and the vaccines continue to roll out
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2021, 09:52 PM #44
PAINtballGoD_2000
^^-I regret this name-^^

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXLNT View Post
Did they specify where exactly the Philadelphia event is happening?
Not yet.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:54 AM #45
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXLNT View Post
Did they specify where exactly the Philadelphia event is happening?
Probably somewhere an hour away from Philadelphia.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:18 PM #46
AliasDave05

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Probably somewhere an hour away from Philadelphia.
That's how I feel about all events... Should be called NXL Near Las Vegas, NXL hour from Philly, etc.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:44 PM #47
painter4life05
cixelsyd

painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasDave05 View Post
That's how I feel about all events... Should be called NXL Near Las Vegas, NXL hour from Philly, etc.
I would not be surprised if the event was in Delaware or NJ.

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:29 PM #48
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I agree, I think unfortunately this is something that might not go away, I think numbers will significantly drop soon though, and then it’s going to become the seasonal flu 2.0, once we’ve hit heard immunity and the vaccines continue to roll out
I think we are hitting the point where if you are going to get infected following the current situation you had it. I am sure numbers would exploded again if people stop wearing masks and hanging out again.

I am personally going to look at N95 so I can play paintball again without getting it.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:56 PM #49
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Quote:
I think we are hitting the point where if you are going to get infected following the current situation you had it. I am sure numbers would exploded again if people stop wearing masks and hanging out again.

I am personally going to look at N95 so I can play paintball again without getting it.
Just get the vaccine then, have you tried working out with a mask on? There’s a reason why MMA fighters and wrestlers try to cover their opponents mouths with their hands, they disrupt your breathing and you’re fainting after 2 minutes of intense cardio.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:57 AM #50
PBSales

Quote:
In the NXL's defense... Finding a few dozen acres in town near the airport isn't very cheap. We had a MVPS event here in Daytona, in a park directly on the river. It was a great event. I could walk to it. After the event I noticed they had delivered a couple pallets of sod. They had to re-sod the playing fields to make the park pretty again. I would imagine there are a lot of costs to running a tourney that we never consider.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:51 AM #51
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Just get the vaccine then, have you tried working out with a mask on? Thereís a reason why MMA fighters and wrestlers try to cover their opponents mouths with their hands, they disrupt your breathing and youíre fainting after 2 minutes of intense cardio.
A large amount of professional athletes regularly train with oxygen restricting masks that scientifically reduce o2 saturation levels.

A basic medical mask does not reduce o2 levels. If they did I would be quite worried for brain surgeons, heart surgeons, etc that regularly wear them for 6-8 hour long intensive surgeries that require maximum concentration and awareness.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:26 AM #52
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
A large amount of professional athletes regularly train with oxygen restricting masks that scientifically reduce o2 saturation levels.

A basic medical mask does not reduce o2 levels. If they did I would be quite worried for brain surgeons, heart surgeons, etc that regularly wear them for 6-8 hour long intensive surgeries that require maximum concentration and awareness.
My oldest plays basketball at school and most of the kids are playing with masks on and they all wear them on the bench. If they can do that we can wear them playing paintball.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:02 AM #53
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Just get the vaccine then, have you tried working out with a mask on? There’s a reason why MMA fighters and wrestlers try to cover their opponents mouths with their hands, they disrupt your breathing and you’re fainting after 2 minutes of intense cardio.

All I can say is that I’ve worn one on the tredmill once and it felt like I had a plastic bag sealed over my head at the end of it.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:09 AM #54
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
My oldest plays basketball at school and most of the kids are playing with masks on and they all wear them on the bench. If they can do that we can wear them playing paintball.
I think you forget most paintball players don't have the cardiorespiratory endurance of a highschool basketball player.

Most can't even play back to back points with a two minute break in between.

Last edited by viking002 : 01-26-2021 at 10:14 AM.
viking002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:14 AM #55
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
I think you forget most paintball players don't have the cardiorespiratory endurance of a highschool basketball player.

Most can't even play back to back points with a two minute break.
I think you're overestimating the athletic ability of my kids 8th grade team.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:20 PM #56
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
All I can say is that Iíve worn one on the tredmill once and it felt like I had a plastic bag sealed over my head at the end of it.
Sounds more like you have terrible cardio. Multiple studies over the years show that surg style masks cause absolutely no decrease in O2 saturation in your body.

If 96 year old men can wear them without dying, you can.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:24 PM #57
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
All I can say is that I’ve worn one on the tredmill once and it felt like I had a plastic bag sealed over my head at the end of it.
Sounds more like you have terrible cardio. Multiple studies over the years show that surg style masks cause absolutely no decrease in O2 saturation in your body.

If 96 year old men can wear them without dying, you can.
Not at all. I can run a mile in a little under 7 minutes on my good days, and about 7:30 on average. I haven’t talked to one person at the gym yet who says that masks don’t hinder their performances. You’re the first.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:25 PM #58
paintballer3

Quote:
Honestly if you have that much problem with a mask on.. you need to go see a doctor. Your lungs are in bad shape. Honestly i went running with one on just to try it out and the mask didnt impact me at all.

Also i did Judo in college and yeah people dont put hands over mouth... quick way to get that hand bite.

Honestly the more you post the more I realize you sound smart/confident but really you are either extremely stupid or a troll

Last edited by paintballer3 : 01-26-2021 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:03 PM #59
Sand6452
Pour, count, lick, stick

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Sand6452 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Or you drive past an exit for Chicago but keep going a ways
Olive/Tan Profilers with THREE sets of lenses!!!
Get Your Flex Parts!!!!
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:05 PM #60
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Quote:
Honestly if you have that much problem with a mask on.. you need to go see a doctor. Your lungs are in bad shape. Honestly i went running with one on just to try it out and the mask didnt impact me at all.

Also i did Judo in college and yeah people dont put hands over mouth... quick way to get that hand bite.

Honestly the more you post the more I realize you sound smart/confident but really you are either extremely stupid or a troll
Maybe I’ll try a different mask actually. And you don’t need to call me ignorant, all you’d have to do is spend one night watching a full UFC or Bellator card and you’ll see grapplers covering their opponents nose and mouth with their hands to disrupt their breathing..... you will probably see it 2 or 3 times that night. If Khabib does it a lot and I know GSP used to as well. If you can’t find it, they have entire forums over at sherdog talking about that topic. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...-hand.1066244/

Last edited by Trevor the great : 01-26-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:06 PM #61
paintballer3

Quote:
Maybe Iíll try a different mask actually. And you donít need to call me ignorant, all youíd have to do is spend one night watching a full UFC or Bellator card and youíll see grapplers covering their opponents nose and mouth with their hands to disrupt their breathing..... you will probably see it 2 or 3 times that night. If Khabib does it a lot and I know GSP used to as well. If you canít find it, they have entire forums over at sherdog talking about that topic. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...-hand.1066244/
At this point if you ever argue that masks donít work you are ignorant and dumb.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:33 PM #62
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
I work 8+ hours every day in a mask. I climb 250 feet in the air while wearing it. Medical staff have been wearing N95 masks since march. Studies have shown that oxygen levels don't drop with mask usage.

Don't make up lies about it because it doesn't feel comfortable to wear. It isn't fun to wear for long periods of time; i'll openly admit that.

Last edited by martix_agent : 01-26-2021 at 04:42 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:36 PM #63
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
It's actually super nice wearing it in the winter in Chicago. Keeps my face warm.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.