Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2021, 06:46 PM #22
jerryjjackson69
 
 
jerryjjackson69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
jerryjjackson69 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jerryjjackson69 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
jerryjjackson69 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Don't let the PbN crowd get you down, John. They are a cancerous minority in paintball. GI does a lot more good than evil for paintball, and I'm sure your joining the team will bring even more positivity to their presence in the industry.

Hopefully they will make fewer mistakes so you don't have to play damage control as much a Nick did!
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2021, 01:56 PM #23
ori1984
actual 2k6r
 
ori1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Can you give us a hint at any new guns from GI and Empire? Or should i Just pick up an AMP lol?
ori1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:44 PM #24
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
Don't let the PbN crowd get you down, John. They are a cancerous minority in paintball. GI does a lot more good than evil for paintball, and I'm sure your joining the team will bring even more positivity to their presence in the industry.

Hopefully they will make fewer mistakes so you don't have to play damage control as much a Nick did!
I think the slights are more directed at the current financial state of GI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ori1984 View Post
Can you give us a hint at any new guns from GI and Empire? Or should i Just pick up an AMP lol?
Well, Empire is basically dead other than low ends, the Squish is gone, and multiple pro teams just left that GI umbrella to go to other sponsors, so my guess is that there is nothing in the pipeline.

But why wait anyway, to date, they have never released a marker that was received positively and performed at the top level. I doubt they start now.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:43 PM #25
ffry
Moderator
 
ffry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: St. Louis
ffry is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ffry is a Paintball photographer
ffry owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Congrats John! Can't wait to see what the future holds!!
ffry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:29 PM #26
going_home
Hebrews 13:8
 
going_home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jeet Yet ?
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
I wish Mr Dresser well in his new endeavor.

Although IMHO he would have been better served building his own business that he just started.

Good luck.

__________________
"Censorship happens when powerful people get scared." Michael Krieger

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:10 PM #27
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!
 
jonotwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Congrats John!

I like his other alter egos, too!

hrm, where's his Canadian cousin at. He had a hockey helmet on, in the profile picture. Apparently I can't search banned users, so that must be what happened.
Eh? didn't you hear? nepotism is in these days.

I remember northern john.

If there is anyone who can influence a business to seek
success under the eyes of the public, I believe John has
that "It" factor with the paintball community.
__________________

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:42 PM #28
Legacy
Tractor Engineer
 
Legacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Waterloo, Ia
Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
Eh? didn't you hear? nepotism is in these days.

I remember northern john.

If there is anyone who can influence a business to seek
success under the eyes of the public, I believe John has
that "It" factor with the paintball community.
John has personally done more for the JT brand than anybody else in the last 15 years as far as Iím concerned with his pbretro site. As far as Iím concerned thatís the brand they should be pushing and let Empire die. To me those two brands under the same parent company donít make any sense. They basically cover the same sort of products so why if youíre GI or Kore now do you continue to push both?
__________________
Iowa State Cyclones Paintball Alumni
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:56 PM #29
North Shore Shooter
 
 
North Shore Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: North Vancouver, B.C. Ca
This is great news. John D has the best knowledge and reputation in the industry.
Unlike some of the minority toxic idiots in the pb community, John D will do his best.
North Shore Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:43 PM #30
ori1984
actual 2k6r
 
ori1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post

Well, Empire is basically dead other than low ends, the Squish is gone, and multiple pro teams just left that GI umbrella to go to other sponsors, so my guess is that there is nothing in the pipeline.

But why wait anyway, to date, they have never released a marker that was received positively and performed at the top level. I doubt they start now.
I liked both the Squish and Syx, and was looking forward to a new iteration. Guess my choice for next season is between the 170R and the AMP.
ori1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:48 AM #31
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class
 
dreadmuppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dela-where?
Congratulations and best of luck John!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
congrats, you got a lot of mess to clean up. for the love of god simplify the paint line up.
Sadly, not really part of the job description necessarily. The private equity owned company I work for added three new marketing people and continue to ignore product rationalization/consolidation and internal improvements.
__________________
"Originally posted by Joshisanalligator: buddy, we're on the internet. just be thankful there's a central topic to this argument"
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:31 PM #32
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete
 
wc!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Virginia
wc! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
wc! supports Ninja Paintball
Hire the leader of your most vocally critical community ehhhh? Well played Kore, well played.

Good luck in your new role John!
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:49 PM #33
bracer028
 
 
bracer028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
 has been a member for 10 years
I never knew why people hate GI and Empire so much. You need that big company to push the sport out. They are in the business to expand the business. The bigger this gets, the more we get.

Same with ANS gear. You need a big player in the market to push the products.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:26 PM #34
viking002
Da Sigma
 
viking002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Congrats John. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the brand!
__________________
Scrub Status
viking002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:54 AM #35
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
John has personally done more for the JT brand than anybody else in the last 15 years as far as I’m concerned with his pbretro site. As far as I’m concerned that’s the brand they should be pushing and let Empire die. To me those two brands under the same parent company don’t make any sense. They basically cover the same sort of products so why if you’re GI or Kore now do you continue to push both?
lol. That is a little bit of a stretch don't you think? He released basically one product and it was an ultra delayed, limited reach, release. Meanwhile teams like XFactor, Mutiny, and the classic teams, as well as the cult following for JT on Facebook were pushing the brand back into relevance. Pro-flexes were a dying market before XFactor and the major Classic teams brought them back from their cult status to mainstream must have. Its why you see custom builds that went from $80 to $250+ the last few months.

By far, the most crucial figure for JT has been the guys who were rapidly pushing forward the Splatmaster brands like Rich. I'd imagine the tournament side JT stuff is one of their smallest product branches from JT that is left behind Splatmaster and clothing.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:56 AM #36
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post
I never knew why people hate GI and Empire so much. You need that big company to push the sport out. They are in the business to expand the business. The bigger this gets, the more we get.

Same with ANS gear. You need a big player in the market to push the products.
I wholly disagree with that. There are many major extreme and mainstream sports that don't have a conglomerate running them and they do just fine. Sports like paintball work best when there is a large quantity of niche companies providing new and innovative product, not a patent holding firm that keeps the status quo.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:02 AM #37
FreakinJB
 
 
FreakinJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Congrats John. If anyone deserves to be paid for their contributions to paintball, it's you.

John is well aware of the general perception of KORE/GI. Any claim they make around good intentions is immediately refuted when the financials read the way they do. I don't think the individuals at KORE are a force of evil, they've just taken a check so paintball is now partially controlled by outside interest which led to more nonsense.

Bottom line, John joining them is the best chance the players have at seeing more focus on paintball. This is a good thing for everyone, KORE included.

EDIT: I agree with Tweeter above. You used to be able to modify an Impulse or Intimidator with 10+ aftermarket brands. Now there's almost nothing.

Last edited by FreakinJB : 01-13-2021 at 06:44 PM.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:16 AM #38
viking002
Da Sigma
 
viking002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
lol. That is a little bit of a stretch don't you think? He released basically one product and it was an ultra delayed, limited reach, release. Meanwhile teams like XFactor, Mutiny, and the classic teams, as well as the cult following for JT on Facebook were pushing the brand back into relevance. Pro-flexes were a dying market before XFactor and the major Classic teams brought them back from their cult status to mainstream must have. Its why you see custom builds that went from $80 to $250+ the last few months.

By far, the most crucial figure for JT has been the guys who were rapidly pushing forward the Splatmaster brands like Rich. I'd imagine the tournament side JT stuff is one of their smallest product branches from JT that is left behind Splatmaster and clothing.
I think it was more GI's fault for not using the brand more after they bought it. Everyone I know who plays loves JTs gear and would wear that over almost anything else.

In terms of resale value, yea its gone up, but I've always seen a lot of JT gear at fields.
__________________
Scrub Status

Last edited by viking002 : 01-13-2021 at 11:19 AM.
viking002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:26 AM #39
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
I think it was more GI's fault for not using the brand more after they bought it. Everyone I know who plays loves JTs gear and would wear that over almost anything else.

In terms of resale value, yea its gone up, but I've always seen a lot of JT gear at fields.
This was always my biggest curiosity with GI, they are one of the few conglomerate style companies I have seen who utilize less than 5% of their IP. I could understand it if their IP was not valuable, but they have some MASSIVE brands under their umbrella. I never understood why they didnt put a greater focus on branching the companies more to let them run as independent companies under GIs brand.

Like for instance, put a guy like John in total control of a company like JT where he is essentially one of the best possible JT guys historically to run it and innovate new products.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:53 PM #40
ori1984
actual 2k6r
 
ori1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinJB View Post
EDIT: I have to agree with Tweeter above regarding big business and its impact on a niche sport.Think of paintball when it was thriving - you could modify an Impulse, Intimidator with 10+ aftermarket brands. Now there's almost nothing.
Experiencing this so much trying to find parts for my Shocker SFT and NXT. I get that there older guns, but having to buy used upgrades off of Ebay, or Facebook just sucks. Two of my favourite companies, Hybrid and Bloodline, are both long gone.

On the other hand, I really enjoy how my OG Axe shoots, and was hoping to see the SYX 2.0 come out. I am probably the one guy with this opinion, but I've never been a PE fan.
ori1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:12 PM #41
JuanDresser
John's Mexican Cousin
 
JuanDresser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Felicitaciones a mi mejor primo, John
Vestidor
JuanDresser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:12 PM #42
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ori1984 View Post
Experiencing this so much trying to find parts for my Shocker SFT and NXT. I get that there older guns, but having to buy used upgrades off of Ebay, or Facebook just sucks. Two of my favourite companies, Hybrid and Bloodline, are both long gone.

On the other hand, I really enjoy how my OG Axe shoots, and was hoping to see the SYX 2.0 come out. I am probably the one guy with this opinion, but I've never been a PE fan.
The OG Axe was amazing, they ruined it with the Syx. They should have taken the same exact engine and put it in a new body and frame with some very basic updates.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump