Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-10-2020, 11:02 PM #43
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzrus View Post
That sucks. I hope they keep everyone else though. That’s a great squad. Ryan Hall would be good for them
Ya! He can play with his brother Corey hall
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2020, 09:22 AM #44
heavy68

heavy68 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
heavy68 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Ya! He can play with his brother Corey hall
Actually I believe they are cousins.
heavy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:03 AM #45
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
I hope they at least retain the WC roster. Thomas Kim announced his free agent status for 2021, deciding not to renew his contract with the Ironmen.
I wonder why. Arent him and Al the longest tenured Ironmen? Seems weird to want to step away after they finally found success. Thomas on that current WC roster would be a top 4 contender to me every event.

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:35 AM #46
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I wonder why. Arent him and Al the longest tenured Ironmen? Seems weird to want to step away after they finally found success. Thomas on that current WC roster would be a top 4 contender to me every event.
Agreed. Al definitely is the longest tenured ( and I hope he stays ), and TK played two seasons. Iím a bit puzzled with TKís decision as well. If itís for money reasons I get that, but if wanting to win then stick with the Shield. Even with Arod gone I think the ironmenís chances of winning an event are still good.

If Nick Slowiak leaves too I'm gonna be very bummed out. Maybe their player from Belgium comes back ( sorry bad with names )? Heíd make up for TKís absence. It was really good to finally see a different team win and challenge the giants on top ( Impact, Heat, X-Factor, and Dynasty ).
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 280 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-CS2PRO w/Mech Frame, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, FS 77/4500 Tank, Dye LTR Loader, and Dye SS Boomie. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire ( locals )
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:42 AM #47
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Agreed. Al definitely is the longest tenured ( and I hope he stays ), and TK played two seasons. Iím a bit puzzled with TKís decision as well. If itís for money reasons I get that, but if wanting to win then stick with the Shield. Even with Arod gone I think the ironmenís chances of winning an event are still good.

If Nick Slowiak leaves too I'm gonna be very bummed out. Maybe their player from Belgium comes back ( sorry bad with names )? Heíd make up for TKís absence. It was really good to finally see a different team win and challenge the giants on top ( Impact, Heat, X-Factor, and Dynasty ).
Agree, im going to be so sad if Nick leaves. He is the perfect Ironmen captain and player. They are the ultimate blue collar type team right now, just a bunch of guys, getting the job done, no divas or superstars demanding crazy payments.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:07 AM #48
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
Just the tip of the iceberg.
You mean, just the tip of the Heningburg

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:33 PM #49
Nor Cal Shocker
I really don't care....

Nor Cal Shocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
You mean, just the tip of the Heningburg
Come on W0nka, I know you're connected as well! Time to tell! (BTW, love the swag, thanks again!)
Cheers - NCS
Nor Cal Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:34 AM #50
chevota

chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Well come on guys, where is all the juicy rumor's?
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:48 AM #51
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post
Well come on guys, where is all the juicy rumor's?
Mike hinman is involved with aftermath again, they had tryouts in California last weekend. Sounds like aftermath may be changing their name in the pro division, and hinman is taking the new aftermath team down to semi pro or even d2 again. I could be wrong on the specific details though.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:29 AM #52
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Mike hinman is involved with aftermath again, they had tryouts in California last weekend. Sounds like aftermath may be changing their name in the pro division, and hinman is taking the new aftermath team down to semi pro or even d2 again. I could be wrong on the specific details though.
San Diego Aftershock?

Seriously though when Hinman bailed on them after jumping to pro that whole thing kind of fell apart.

I think there are going to be a lot of interesting things happening in the off season. Sounds like the NXL is thinking about moving away from 5 national events and moving to 3 major events with smaller regional events for 2021 but they haven't officially announced anything. Tom's dog is apparently busy helping out with a wedding or something this week.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:38 AM #53
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
I did not get that impression. Mike said he was working on a new divisional program to rebuild Aftermath. Pretty sure the pro team will still exist and Mike is building the system under it. John Ianucchi owns that name and team.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:59 AM #54
painter4life05
cixelsyd

painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
I did not get that impression. Mike said he was working on a new divisional program to rebuild Aftermath. Pretty sure the pro team will still exist and Mike is building the system under it. John Ianucchi owns that name and team and NYX players.
Fixed

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:33 PM #55
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
Quote:
John Ianucchi owns that name and team.

Has any more rumors about John Ianucchi buying a UFC team and making the switch? Or nothing confirmed yet?
Old 12-15-2020, 04:38 PM #56
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
I did not get that impression. Mike said he was working on a new divisional program to rebuild Aftermath. Pretty sure the pro team will still exist and Mike is building the system under it. John Ianucchi owns that name and team.
Ok thank you, ya that sounds right, hopefully the team mike brings up will replace the current one eventually but keep the name.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:27 PM #57
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Listening to the PTG podcast today, it sounds like he is working on getting the name and pro spot back, even bringing up possible legal issues.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:01 PM #58
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Listening to the PTG podcast today, it sounds like he is working on getting the name and pro spot back, even bringing up possible legal issues.
I listened to it too a few hours ago, it sounds like the Midwest team is staying pro, and then it sounds like he’s bringing back his old “Aftermath 2” squad, either d2 or semipro. Possibly to replace the pro roster eventually. I didn’t hear anything that sounded like any legal issues though, sounds like their current owner wants to work with hinman.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:08 PM #59
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
I listened to it too a few hours ago, it sounds like the Midwest team is staying pro, and then it sounds like heís bringing back his old ďAftermath 2Ē squad, either d2 or semipro. Possibly to replace the pro roster eventually. I didnít hear anything that sounded like any legal issues though, sounds like their current owner wants to work with hinman.
Arent Hinman and John friends? Pretty sure he was involved with the team and supporting it pretty heavily even before this past season when he was the owner.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:01 AM #60
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
I listened to it too a few hours ago, it sounds like the Midwest team is staying pro, and then it sounds like heís bringing back his old ďAftermath 2Ē squad, either d2 or semipro. Possibly to replace the pro roster eventually. I didnít hear anything that sounded like any legal issues though, sounds like their current owner wants to work with hinman.
man do you listen to music at a high volume while listening to the podcast?

John wants to keep the spot but Mike is like "what, so they can get relegated after a year?" and that he would see with the NXL what the legalities of all are because it is technically Mikes team, John has just been footing the bill and running it, and doing such a bad job that the sponsors are hitting Mike up about the team. John hasn't been keeping up communication with Mike either.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:41 AM #61
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
man do you listen to music at a high volume while listening to the podcast?

John wants to keep the spot but Mike is like "what, so they can get relegated after a year?" and that he would see with the NXL what the legalities of all are because it is technically Mikes team, John has just been footing the bill and running it, and doing such a bad job that the sponsors are hitting Mike up about the team. John hasn't been keeping up communication with Mike either.
I thought Iannucci bought Hineman out but after listening to the podcast it doesnít sound like thatís quite the case. When I first heard about Hineman wanting the team back I assumed he had sold it and if Iannucci didnít want to sell it back then I didnít see what he could do about it. Now there is talk of lawyers getting involved so this could be the most interesting story of the offseason.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:40 AM #62
chevota

chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
After listen to Matt and Matt talk on go sports last night. Sounds like AC could be losing more players.

Sounds like the rumor of Matt almost leaving for Impact last year was semi true, Matt and Dave have been talking about this for a couple years and TJ was doing the same with Xfactor, incase they needed a exit from AC.

Also I read somewhere yesterday that JRab maybe retiring, Anyone got any dirt on this?
It would be very sad to see him leave the game, but he has been at it a long time.

Anyone know if Arod is staying with Impact or was that just for World Cup?

Last edited by chevota : 12-16-2020 at 10:43 AM.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:41 PM #63
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post
Also I read somewhere yesterday that JRab maybe retiring, Anyone got any dirt on this?
It would be very sad to see him leave the game, but he has been at it a long time.
He didn't go to cup because he was finishing up his medical training to be an EMT i believe, something along those lines. First year of working in that field might be too busy for him to be able to play as well but who knows.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.