PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-22-2020, 12:08 PM #232
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
They won't make it before (extra-long bc of COVID) Chinese New Year, so add another month onto their timeline if it ever shows up.

I anticipate this being July 2021 or Angel Eyes book edition.
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2021, 02:03 PM #233
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

has been a member for 10 years
neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
A few days ago, we signed off on the final printer proofs for F8MOUS.

These are high-quality printouts, printed on the same paper stock as the final book, shipped direct to us from the printing plant in Seoul, South Korea, that will be producing the book.

The final pages will have an additional layer of spot-varnish applied, in order to seal in the heavy blacks and make the color images more vibrant, but these are as close as you can get to the final product until all 2,000 books are printed and bound.

The printer proofs are the final chance to make any edits, corrections, tweaks or adjustments in order to ensure that everything reproduces properly. It’s an expensive but important step, the kind of thing we never had the luxury to do when producing P8NT back in the day (and as anyone who has seen those old magazines can tell you, they had more than a few printer errors and screw-ups on our part).

At this point, everything is in the hands of the printer and the shipping companies that will get them to you. We’re still waiting on a ship date, but hope to have one soon.

Unfortunately we’re continuing to hear all kinds of horror stories from other publishers about production and shipping delays due to Covid-19, but we’re hoping to avoid the worst of those. Either way, we’ll keep everyone in the loop whenever we get updates on the progress. Covid-19 has certainly slowed us down quite a bit, but it hasn't stopped us.

In the meantime, we’ll be following up with backers who ordered prints and contact sheets with details on how to select from the available options. And if you’ve moved since you placed your order and haven’t already done so, don't forget to email us at [email protected] with your new address information.

—Christopher Hass, Chris Dilts, Dan Mouradian, Dan Napoli and the rest of the F8MOUS team

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:18 PM #234
John
Administrator

John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
I'm still patiently waiting. I'm still incredibly excited.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:11 PM #235
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Hobbes The Tiger is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I'm still patiently waiting. I'm still incredibly excited.
Same. I'm really excited to see what Chris Dilts was able to find in his archive, he single-handedly changed paintball photography and helped form it into what it is today.

Photo work: Instagram | Twitter
Hobbes The Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:39 AM #236
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Hoping to get mine by World Cup 2021!

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:29 AM #237
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
So here's what I reading into this from the last update in December. They said 6 weeks for production and 6 weeks for shipping so 12 total. I assume that 12 week clock started yesterday so that looks like a May delivery COVID willing.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:04 PM #238
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Hopefully I’ll get it before my Birthday in June, it would be a nice present lol.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:06 AM #239
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
So here's what I reading into this from the last update in December. They said 6 weeks for production and 6 weeks for shipping so 12 total. I assume that 12 week clock started yesterday so that looks like a May delivery COVID willing.
A) Their covid excuse is so annoying. If you haven't found out how to operate in the new world of covid in the last year, you shouldn't be pre-selling goods.

B) I noticed this is the first update they didnt tie to a date. My assumption is they did this so there is no more pressure on specific dates. This is now their schedule:

July 2019- Sold all preorders and took $50,000+ to deliver by "early 2020"

Aug 2019- Decided to change the book and extended the sign up time to get even more money collected ~$20,000+

Aug 2019- Met new goal and maintained early 2020 delivery date.

Sep 2019- Opened option to buy even more copies and collected more money, maintained early 2020 delivery date.

January 2020 - Suddenly decided more stuff needed to be added to book than what people originally paid for, a convenient excuse to now push the delivery to "Fall 2020". Delivery delayed 6-10 months past original date

April 2020 - Update given on COVID quarantine but did not change or update delivery date. Still expected Fall 2020

July 2020- After months of silence, they give an update that promotes new content on social media, no change or update given on release, assumed and expect Fall 2020 still for release, multiple questions posed about release goes unanswered nearly one year after initial money collected. Email sent to backers confirming delivery date.

October 2020- Over a year after collecting $70,000+ and 3 more months of total silence, another update comes. We are now 6 weeks past the promised delivery date they had given to backers via email. Total silence on questions regarding a ship date.

December 2020 - Next update shows how little actual work was being done on this project the last 15 months. Only now are they posting update photos showing the layout and design of the book being completed. What was happening the last 15 months while film was being developed? Another blanket update with no new information on ship date. Again, total silence on questions regarding shipping date.

February 2021 - After months of silence yet again, and update is provided that they have now sent the final proofs to be approved and printed. We are now 19 months from the day they started collecting money for this project. And we still HAVE NO SHIP DATE. Yet again like many of the updates, they say COVID is the reason for their delay. Are there no book publishers/printers in the USA they could have used? Why South Korea when there is a known existing issue with recieving product in a timely manner from Asia?

Old 02-25-2021, 01:34 PM #240
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
A) Their covid excuse is so annoying. If you haven't found out how to operate in the new world of covid in the last year, you shouldn't be pre-selling goods.

B) I noticed this is the first update they didnt tie to a date. My assumption is they did this so there is no more pressure on specific dates. This is now their schedule:

July 2019- Sold all preorders and took $50,000+ to deliver by "early 2020"

Aug 2019- Decided to change the book and extended the sign up time to get even more money collected ~$20,000+

Aug 2019- Met new goal and maintained early 2020 delivery date.

Sep 2019- Opened option to buy even more copies and collected more money, maintained early 2020 delivery date.

January 2020 - Suddenly decided more stuff needed to be added to book than what people originally paid for, a convenient excuse to now push the delivery to "Fall 2020". Delivery delayed 6-10 months past original date

April 2020 - Update given on COVID quarantine but did not change or update delivery date. Still expected Fall 2020

July 2020- After months of silence, they give an update that promotes new content on social media, no change or update given on release, assumed and expect Fall 2020 still for release, multiple questions posed about release goes unanswered nearly one year after initial money collected. Email sent to backers confirming delivery date.

October 2020- Over a year after collecting $70,000+ and 3 more months of total silence, another update comes. We are now 6 weeks past the promised delivery date they had given to backers via email. Total silence on questions regarding a ship date.

December 2020 - Next update shows how little actual work was being done on this project the last 15 months. Only now are they posting update photos showing the layout and design of the book being completed. What was happening the last 15 months while film was being developed? Another blanket update with no new information on ship date. Again, total silence on questions regarding shipping date.

February 2021 - After months of silence yet again, and update is provided that they have now sent the final proofs to be approved and printed. We are now 19 months from the day they started collecting money for this project. And we still HAVE NO SHIP DATE. Yet again like many of the updates, they say COVID is the reason for their delay. Are there no book publishers/printers in the USA they could have used? Why South Korea when there is a known existing issue with recieving product in a timely manner from Asia?
You might not like the COVID excuse but it's a real thing. Where I work has unplanned shutdowns constantly for covid related parts shortages. Tesla is shutting down production for a few days because they can't get parts out of Asia this week and next week. I've got suppliers I work in in South Korea and they shut stuff down in a heardbeat because of COVID still after a year so having a delay from here on out because of it still wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:52 PM #241
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Never getting this Book wouldn’t really surprise me...

For real, why Publish through South F’ing Korea and not the USA besides costs?

Plus, aren’t a lot of writers actually Publishing their own material now? Doesn’t make sense to outsource except for to save some $...
Old 02-25-2021, 04:26 PM #242
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post

Plus, aren’t a lot of writers actually Publishing their own material now? Doesn’t make sense to outsource except for to save some $...
I'm with you on the whole South Korea thing. I don't think there are many places left in the US that still print but there are a few I'm sure. My other hobby is woodworking and there is an outfit called Lost Art Press that is self publishing several books a year and they're being printed on super high quality paper and bindings somewhere in Tennessee. Now they aren't producing books that are as photo heavy as this will be if it ever shows up but I would have to believe there is somebody state-side that would be capable of pulling this off.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:49 PM #243
PBSales

There is a lesson to be learned here. Just like when dealing with home remodeling/construction workers....NEVER PAY UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:08 PM #244
yeahthatsme
Do Work Son

Annual Supporting Member
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
yeahthatsme plays in the APPA beginner division
yeahthatsme supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post

They spoke about why Korea a long while back, it's in the thread somehwere. TL;DR costs/availability in the US is bad.

Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:13 AM #245
$balla
[b]anned

The delays are pretty much on par for P8NT. Book looks dope, hope it gets delivered.
$balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:39 AM #246
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
kebone posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by $balla View Post
The delays are pretty much on par for P8NT. Book looks dope, hope it gets delivered.
Definitely on par for a company that somehow went out of business in 2004 when paintball was at its absolute peak of player numbers.

Sponsored By:
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com
kebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:34 AM #247
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
You might not like the COVID excuse but it's a real thing. Where I work has unplanned shutdowns constantly for covid related parts shortages. Tesla is shutting down production for a few days because they can't get parts out of Asia this week and next week. I've got suppliers I work in in South Korea and they shut stuff down in a heardbeat because of COVID still after a year so having a delay from here on out because of it still wouldn't surprise me at all.
They had 8 months worth of time to get work done, after taking money, and prior to any sort of COVID shutdown news. COVID became a convenient excuse for them after they accomplished nothing for 8 months and now are going on 18 months since collecting $70k in preorders. They kept talking about how long it took to get film developed. I literally got 20+ rolls developed in my small, ****ty, farm town during the middle of Covid and it took like 3 weeks. What is their excuse? Is it that hard for a 25+ year veteran of the photo industry to get film developed?

Old 02-26-2021, 11:03 AM #248
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
This is honestly a huge joke at this point, especially with tweeter's breakdown. They 100% milked the Covid pandemic and excuse for all they could. I feel like the delays would be pretty much similar if there wasn't even a pandemic at all.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:22 AM #249
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Have a little faith people, it’ll show up and be amazing.