Old 01-13-2021, 10:46 PM #1
John
Administrator

John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Last Chance to attend the COMBINE: January 30-31 Phoenix AZ / AZ Battlezone

There are only 8 spots left at this years event at AZ Battlezone in Arizona with
G2 Paintball - head the the website now and get signed up! http://paintballcombine.com

WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THE COMBINE?
Dates: January 30-31 Phoenix AZ / AZ Battlezone

The Combine is not a clinic, it is a professional setting where players get to test their current skills, work with teachers to improve and go home with the tools to measure improvement.

The Combine is where connections are made - between players from across the country and PROs and Coaches that open up doors of opportunity.

With the help of the Combine, more players have found teams they fit in to play with more consistently and more players have shortened their path from local regional player to a national name, through the Team USA program and personal invitations to team tryouts including Pro.

The drills used at the Combine inspire players to not only practice more consistently, but improve the fundamentals that make players better.

This is YOUR chance to see where you stand, create a clear path of improvement, leave an impression and make what could be a most valuable connection.

Start YOUR journey January 30-31st.

Cost: $399.95 + tax

Includes 2 cases / two days of training / sponsor gift bag / Combine Event jersey

PROfessors:
Ryan Greenspan
Marcello Margott
Kyle Spicka
Nick Slowiak
Rusty Glaze
Tyler Harmon
Brandon Unger SD Aftermath
Vic Gamboa G2 Paintball / Dynasty Coach
Kristian Martinez / Ironmen
Austin Beatty / AC Dallas

http://paintballcombine.com

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2021, 01:52 PM #2
L4sT_ReSOrT

has been a member for 10 years
Wish programs like this were offered back when I was younger.

Even regularly playing at SC Village back in the heyday it was impossible to get proper coaching and instruction from players who knew what they were doing.

Best wishes to the kids and divisional grinders looking to improve their game and maybe get a shot at the pro level! If nothing else this will give a chance to realistically evaluate one's current abilities.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:32 PM #3
JohnSherman
Decade of ****posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
The Combine is not a clinic, it is a professional setting where players get to test their current skills, work with teachers to improve and go home with the tools to measure improvement.
Nice job using the dictionary definition of a clinic to argue that the combine isn't a clinic.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:46 PM #4
John
Administrator

John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
Nice job using the dictionary definition of a clinic to argue that the combine isn't a clinic.
Lol. It's a cut and paste from Lori. If you ever go to one, you'll see it is very different from other paintball clinics. They do an amazing job and really are great about putting in the extra effort.

I think she is mostly pointing out that most clinics aren't great about setting benchmarks, teaching you how to continue to improve and helping you measure that improvement long after you leave.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:23 PM #5
(dr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
From what I've seen of clinics (very little), it seems like they are honestly less serious than what comes out of the combine. This culminates in an event where teams made up of the combine members play a tournament. That alone is quite different, aside from the sheer amount of pros present.

Seems really cool to me and I would have loved to do something like this as a kid. Part of me wants to sign up now as a 32 year old since I'm actually playing seriously this season.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:20 AM #6
deezon80

deezon80 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
deezon80 plays in the APPA D5 division
deezon80 supports DLX Technology
deezon80 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
From what I've seen of clinics (very little), it seems like they are honestly less serious than what comes out of the combine. This culminates in an event where teams made up of the combine members play a tournament. That alone is quite different, aside from the sheer amount of pros present.

Seems really cool to me and I would have loved to do something like this as a kid. Part of me wants to sign up now as a 32 year old since I'm actually playing seriously this season.
I'm all signed up and ready to go measure up against these young bloods. I'm 40 years old. I love paintball and the community this promotes. Age ain't nothing but a number I'm gonna do what I think is fun. Some of these "kids" are going pro or are about to be pro...i.e. Austin Beatty, Harrison Stanton, Jake Madden, Kristian Martinez.....If you have an open mind and want to just enjoy the sport....it's honestly great for that too. I hope I see you there.
deezon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:55 AM #7
$balla
[b]anned

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Part of me wants to sign up now as a 32 year old...
Go for it! I went to the Boston Combine last year and it was a good mix of ages and skill-levels.

The environment was super chill and supportive, and as someone who came up in the mid-2000s, it was a chance to learn from pros on Dynasty, NYX, and Ironmen that I missed out on during the time because of where I lived.

I came home from Boston with some new drills and a 2007-inspired Dynasty Combine jersey that hit all the nostalgia feels.
$balla is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.