PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 AM #1
BoroBaller21

has been a member for 10 years
PGP pistol leak?

I picked up a pgp pump and don't know anything about it. I want to keep it though and tried to get it up and running. When I go to shoot the first shot all the air in the cartridge shoots out from above the trigger and I can't even get a single shot off. Any ideas what the problem is? Is there any way to get the valve that punctures the cartridge out? Also it didn't come with the pump handle. Is it even suppose to? It looks like there is no where for a pump to attach?
Edit: After looking at other pictures of these I'm not really sure what is up with this one. There is no serial number or anything milled on to the body. The bolt has no slot for a pump rod. The frame is raw and not even close to the other ones I see on these. Do I have a cheap knock off or something?

Last edited by BoroBaller21 : 07-17-2013 at 02:52 AM.
BoroBaller21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 AM #2
Nahib_Stilgar

What you seem to have there is a franken PG...

It is a PG body and bolt with possibly a home made grip frame.

The PG (Persuit Game) predates the PGP (Persuit Game Pump) It was actioned by pulling the bolt back with your hand.

As for the leak. It sounds like the cupseal is blown. You will need a Sheridan valve tool to remove the valve. You can buy them from Palmers or from www.tituspb.com

There are detailed instructions on how to remove the non cartridge valve here on PBN and on MCB.

Once you have the valve removed you should replace both the cupseal, as well as the Orings, and the face seal as they are probably ALL old and rotton.

Replace the valve and you will then have one very fun little pistol!
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 PM #3
BoroBaller21

If it is homemade it is done very well. Everything internally in the grip is perfect. I saw a few videos explaining the tool and how to replace the cupseal. That is pretty much all internally in the gun correct?
Old 07-21-2013, 03:46 PM #4
Nahib_Stilgar

Yup,

Take the frame off.

Remove the back cap. out pops the main spring and the hammer.

Use the tool to unscrew and pull out the retention nut.

Screw the other end of the tool onto the valve stem, and pull it out...

Use a dowel to knock the face seal out the back.

Replace all the seals and orings and put it all back into the gun as one piece using the tool to screw the retention nut into place.

Forget the led seal, it is not needed.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 PM #5
BoroBaller21

Okay thanks. Last question. Is there any real value to it? I don't intend to sell it ever but I would like to know value wise what it's worth.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 AM #6
Nahib_Stilgar

As is, $50-75. Fix the leak and you could probably get $75-100 with the right buyer.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:32 PM #7
BoroBaller21

Okay well I bought the reseal kit and valve tool but I ran into a problem. The face seal refuses to move. I have tried to knock it out but I can't is there some trick to getting it out or am I screwed?
Old 11-13-2013, 01:51 PM #8
Nahib_Stilgar

Dentist pick. Get one from the dollar store.

Or do you mean the piece that holds the face seal wont come out of the PGP body?

If that is the case, use a wood dowel from the front and gently tap it until the part falls out the back...
Old 11-19-2013, 12:08 AM #9
BoroBaller21

I had to use a dowel and literally hammer the face seal out of the body. I replaced a majority of the orings in it with the kit I ordered from palmer pursuit shop and will test it tomorrow. Here's to hopping it works!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM #10
PGPieces

Good luck, it's always nice to see dead brass reborn.

"Originally posted by EvilPopTart: Orangeburg is a dump and has extreme poverty. Id highly suggest carrying something like mace or a taser to defend yourself."
PGPieces is offline   Reply With Quote