Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2021, 07:12 PM #1
tracythompsontampa

Lightbulb Has anyone had knee surgery and returned to paintball?

I haven't played in probably 10-12 years but had patella knee cap relocation surgery after a fall last September. I feel 90% right now but I haven't tested myself running through a muddy *** field and sliding around. I'm also in the mid 30s and 220lbs.

If anyone had knee surgery and returned to play did you wear a specific brace or pads?

Paintball has been on my mind a lot lately and besides for my knee i'm in a great position to get back into it.

Thanks for any info.

Also I did a search and couldn't find anything. All the results were people selling knee pads.
tracythompsontampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2021, 12:41 PM #2
reiphil
longshotpaintball.club

reiphil owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
reiphil owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
reiphil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
reiphil supports Ninja Paintball
Hydra Blacks are great compression knee pads that offer tons of protection. Obviously once you have a knee injury you're never 100%. But these hopefully help prevent further issues.

That being said, I just almost tore my ACL wearing hydras. I'm still recovering and wear a brace but I know my own limits, like I can't sprint right now or lean too heavily/use that knee to pivot.

GL with your recovery. Take things slow and work on different parts of your leg to support your knee (thighs/calves especially).
Old 07-23-2021, 05:32 PM #3
tracythompsontampa

I appreciate the reply. I feel like I got it pretty strong but the what ifs always sit in the back of my head.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:46 AM #4
NostalgicDan

I have torn ACL and lateral meniscus playing football. I play paintball, practice jiu jitsu, race enduros on my ktm300.

Long story short, take your rehab seriously and you can return to all activites post injury.
NostalgicDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 08:22 AM #5
glaman5266

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgicDan View Post
Long story short, take your rehab seriously and you can return to all activites post injury.
^^^ This. Take your recovery & rehab seriously. That's the best thing you can do. I had foot surgery a number of years ago & that stopped me from playing for a while. But a year later I could go pretty much as hard as I could before. I just can't punt too many soccer balls or footballs, lol.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:55 PM #6
tracythompsontampa

I did take the physical therapy seriously and even got a personal trainer that was certified in physical therapy since the place they sent me to was kinda crap. I do feel pretty good. I climb on ladders installing vehicle wraps for my job and carry heavy crap. I'm just worried about slipping in some dirt or mud and having to repeat everything over again.

And thanks for the info. I can't wait to play again.