PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2017, 01:16 PM #1
KDJ1252

KDJ1252 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Axe 2.0 pressure issues

Hi I'm new here. Have not played in about ten years and recently started again. Purchased a new axe 2.0. The first time I took it out and fired it the ball did not even make it out of the barrel. The velocity was turned up and I realized the lpr is not set to the factory 190psi. I ultimately turned the backcap all the way in and backed it out 3/4 of a turn. I then adjusted the regulator until I reached the desired feet per second. The gun works great now, but I'm not sure what the pressure is. Is there any harm if it's too high or low? How would I go about getting the pressure back to 190 without a gauge?

I've searched the internet; however, I was not able to find anything related. Most of the information I found refers to the original axe which has a gauge.

Thanks

Last edited by KDJ1252 : 04-18-2017 at 01:18 PM.
KDJ1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2017, 05:23 PM #2
Feloniousnick

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D4 division
Mine is sitting just a pinch in from flush and shoots like a dream. Saw a video as well saying flush was stock so somewhere around that and you should be fine.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:28 PM #3
KDJ1252

The regulator screw should be a pinch in from flush right, not the back cap for the velocity? If so I'm right where I need to be. Thank you
Old 04-19-2017, 04:10 PM #4
Feloniousnick

plays in the NXL
Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJ1252 View Post
The regulator screw should be a pinch in from flush right, not the back cap for the velocity? If so I'm right where I need to be. Thank you
Yea I'm talking about the screw at the front of the Asa not the backcap
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:45 AM #5
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the PSP
You adjusted the velocity the proper way without the gauge. The OPV (over pressurization bleed valve) is there to prevent you from turning it up too high.

The pressure is really more of a reference number that along with the gauge is convenient for troubleshooting You should adjust your marker to feel the way you like, rather than trying to hit a number. If you notice, most other markers don't even have a way to read/measure pressure
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 PM #6
KDJ1252

Went out and played yesterday. Worked great. Thanks for all the advise.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:49 PM #7
camotoe
SP Shocker RSX & Impulse

camotoe owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
having the same exact issue.
just got my 2.0. worked fine at the field.
brought it home with a new tank, screwed it in, turned on the ASA and nothing.
it makes the air sound but no balls come out when fired, they just roll out of the barrel onto the ground.
have no idea why this is happening but it's kind of disappointing considering the my empire axe 2.0 was purchased brand new last week.

reset board. reset velocity bolt. changed battery. made sure ASA is a tiny bit before flush (as suggested).

any help would be greatly appreciated.
camotoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:56 PM #8
ricot98

ricot98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ricot98 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Your new tank may have a way lower output pressure than the one you used previously (450psi is ideal for axes, 800 is the maximum, 300 minimum). You could also just be experiencing bolt stick.
Pm me more details and I'll try to help over the phone
ricot98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:10 PM #9
the0shane

Normal for new out of box gun to have velocity issues after shooting multiple balls? Break in period I hope? Seemed to shoot fine slow, but shooting fast the balls seemed to drop quite a bit.
the0shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:12 AM #10
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
Most Axes don't like the tank to be screwed completely onto the gun. The pin can block the air. Leaving about a quarter turn between the tank and the gun then flipping the lever is usually best.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:42 PM #11
the0shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Most Axes don't like the tank to be screwed completely onto the gun. The pin can block the air. Leaving about a quarter turn between the tank and the gun then flipping the lever is usually best.
I'll try it out thank you.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:32 PM #12
Bokuza

Having the same issue here with brand new Axe 2.0 and Empire 68/4500 tank.

Went to gas up the marker with tank @ field and it did not gas up. Field tossed me a rental HPA tank and marker shot like a dream the rest of the day.

The Empire Tank is brand new and the nipple has about a 3/16's play before any air comes out. No way to increase the length of pin on Empire Relay ASA.

Going to try Customer Service tomorrow but see myself having to ship this Empire Tank back and go with a brand that will work on the marker.
Bokuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:33 PM #13
the0shane

Keep us posted. Seem to have same issue.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:44 PM #14
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by the0shane View Post
I'll try it out thank you.
I'm guessing my suggestion didn't help? That sucks. An Empire tank should work on an Empire gun...

If I were you guys, I'd ask for refund for these Empire tanks. Ninja regulators are superior and their SL tanks are the best tanks to ever grace a paintball gun.
I was hesitant to buy one because the price, but it was the best decision I've made on gear in years. It's seriously like half the weight of my old tanks.

Plus GI's new warranty policy sucks.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:32 AM #15
the0shane

Tried a buddy's steel tank and it seemed to work much better.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:44 PM #16
rjaygiggz
Savage

plays in the NXL
rjaygiggz is playing at Living Legends X
rjaygiggz owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
rjaygiggz supports Ninja Paintball
Cut a small piece of a card a little smaller than the size of your pinky nail and put it in between the tanks pin or the asa pin. Turn on ASA you should hear it pressurize. Make sure the card is some type of hard plastic like an old credit card or something.

I like to sit the little piece of card on the asa pin first. If you hold your marker upright where the ASA pin is facing up place the card on it. Screw in the tank while still holding your marker upright so the card won't fall anywhere. This should work because this is what I have to do since the pin on the ASA is too short on my marker.

Make sure your ASA is off before doing this. Once tank is screwed in turn on ASA and it should pressurize like I just mentioned. Good luck!

Last edited by rjaygiggz : 09-27-2017 at 01:48 PM.
rjaygiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:36 PM #17
minimag03

That's so weird because a lot of pins in the original Axes/Relays were too long and could compress the pin valve to the point of choking off the air.

Get your stuff together Empire! Geezzz!
Old 10-14-2019, 05:30 AM #18
Lmumma

I’m having the same problems, just pick on up and it sounds like it aired up but it doesn’t shoot the ball out the bolt works ??? Solutions ?
Lmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:40 AM #19
Lmumma

I recently bought a Axe 2.0 and went to shoot it and the balls wouldn’t come out, took the barrel off and it would go a couple of inches. The bolt moves, and when I put the tank on you can here it air it. What would be the problem ? I heard some polls say the pin is small so some tanks don’t work leading not much pressure.
Lmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:47 AM #20
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmumma View Post
I’m having the same problems, just pick on up and it sounds like it aired up but it doesn’t shoot the ball out the bolt works ??? Solutions ?
Try this --> https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5998661

Also check if the reg is set at stock pressure and the back cap (velocity) is somewhere at 1-1,5 turns our from zero. I think the manuals says stock reg pressure is when the screw is flush with the regulator cap.

Last edited by Knorkator : 10-14-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:52 AM #21
mark1975
Hawkeye

mark1975 works for a Paintball manufacturer
I would contact Paintball Solutions (serviceshop@gisportz.com). I recommend getting these two parts-Pin Wedge Sku#72614, Regulator on/off Pin Sku#72372. If you not familiar with taking the ASA/Reg apart, I would send it in for repair.
mark1975 is offline   Reply With Quote