PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 PM #1
H3rEye51nRoam

Options for Deleting All Account Activity

Greetings,

Maintained a fairly active presence here in the early 2000's and have long since abandoned this account and parted ways with the sport.

I'm looking to delete all activity associated with this account (i.e., posts, threads, etc).

What are my options for accomplishing this?

Noticed that many threads no longer have a delete option.

Is the preferred approach to list all threads to be deleted here as I've noticed others have done or is this something that can only be handled manually, for example, by editing all subjects and bodies to "."?

Along these lines, reviewed a number of older threads on the topic and am curious about the account deletion policy.

Is it still that case that you do not delete accounts?

Thanks!
H3rEye51nRoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2020, 12:15 PM #2
H3rEye51nRoam

Greetings,

Following up on this.

Started editing subjects and bodies but noticed that some are no longer editable such as archived threads.

Is the preferred approach for removing these threads to use the "Report this post to a moderator" option for each with a request to delete?

Noticed also that some of the older archived threads no longer have the option to report.

Is the preferred approach for removing these threads to gather links to each for deletion?

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2020, 12:06 PM #3
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I know we've never done account deletes. And you're correct, archived posts aren't something that can be edited. Reporting the posts probably isn't going to be much/any better than what you've already been working on. FWIW, looking at your posts that show on the first page, it doesn't seem like you're some sort of problem member that might have to delete things to avoid prosecution or something.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:24 PM #4
H3rEye51nRoam

Thank you kindly for the follow up.

Have accounts not been deleted as it is simply not possible or is it due to the BST implications?

If due to the the latter, happy to permanently blacklist the associated username, email, etc as well as purge all feedback so as to avoid any concerns there as I have long distanced myself from that aspect of PbN as well.

Less about concerns that you mentioned, more about security implications and wanting to remove public contact information (e.g., PayPal addresses).

Thanks again for any additional suggestions!
Old 10-17-2020, 12:08 PM #5
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I think it's a database thing, but I'm going off some old memories there. Similar problems would occur if we tried to change user's names.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote