Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2020, 09:58 AM #1
Thumper6o

Best ICE O-ring replacement discussion

Looking for a little advice here on replacing all O-rings for a major service. After looking around on the net, I see that there are OEM, aftermarket, and colored kits available. I was thinking about buying the colored ones just for ease of replacement and always seeing the color would note when I was low on a certain O-ring.

From others that have played with their ICE for a while now I was wondering if the colored kit has any shorter life then OEM. I replace can and bolt O-rings every 3rd or 4th time playing and clean out all old grease and re-grease after every use. I will be doing a "0 hour" service on my marker and regulator this week and wanted just an extra thought on the O-rings prior to the service.

The reason for this work is because I am having a custom anodizing job done and want to basically have a "new" marker when it is finished.

Current parts that I have that will also be replaced:

*OEM Solenoid

*OEM Bolt springs

*OEM Regulator spring

*OEM Screw kit
Thumper6o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2020, 10:17 AM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
oem kit. its just better with the proper hardness orings.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:24 AM #3
Thumper6o

Has anyone tested the durometer between OEM and colored/aftermarket ones? Typical seem to be between 70 - 90 for bolt/piston types from what research i can find.
Thumper6o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:12 PM #4
tnarbutt28

plays in the NXL
tnarbutt28 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
tnarbutt28 supports DLX Technology
tnarbutt28 supports Shocker RSX
From what ive seen colired oring kits from like ansgear are not very good at all. My ice has around 300k through it with 90% of the original orings on it and it shoots awesome. Dlx did enough research in what material/size oring to use trust the process they went through to spec orings for it. Also Why are you replacing orings so frequently without them ever even breaking in?
tnarbutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:31 PM #5
Bigryan55

plays in the NXL
Ok so a few things here - 1st and foremost always go oem with orings. The colored kits are as a whole trash and will not be held to the same standard as orings straight from DLX. Now for some questions - 1st being why are you replacing orings every 3rd or 4th use? I’ve had plenty of markers from different manufacturers and put well over 100k on the drivetrain without changing a single oring. Your not giving the orings a chance to break in which would have negative effects on efficiency as well as how smooth these guns can shoot. Second outside of personal preference why change orings based on getting the gun reanno’d? I have had a few reanno’d and am still running the same orings from before it was so you definitely won’t have any issues there.