Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 02:18 PM #4915
Mr. Charlie

My DSR+ shot like money again today! Played pretty well and I think our team for World Cup is getting better and starting to work together now. I’m anxious to see what the Cup layout will be. I’ve been playing mostly on Dorito Side and that’s where our coach wants me to play for Cup. Most of the other people on our team haven’t even played a tournament yet but we are practicing against D4-D3 teams/players and occasionally winning so I think things are looking pretty good!
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2021, 03:22 PM #4916
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

has been a member for 10 years
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
Nice Mr. Charlie! It sounds like y'all are making progress.

Lots of folks at the field today. weather is cooling down and people were out in force. Lots of electros, LVs, CS2s, two DSR+s, a few M3s, one Geo 4, and a host of Luxes, a couple of AMPs two XTSs and one XDR. Add in about 100 rentals and it was a target rich environment. I used the Emek all day with a 45/45 and 100 round PALs hopper shooting paint that was boring in the .688 to .689 range ... HUGE! first time I had to break out a .691 back in a while. I tried to concentrate on the regulars/experienced folks with their own equipment and the Emek put in work. Never carried more than 4 100 round pods and a hopper onto the field and just had a stellar day.

That Emek is probably my favorite marker to use with rentals ... But I did burn through more paint than I normally do using a electro with a Tippmann gravity fed hopper.

PALs Emek is close to an electro with a force-fed hopper for me in the amount of paint that I shoot ... The Electro with a gravity fed hopper is more akin to playing pump for me. I shoot far less paint. Almost 1/2 as much.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : 10-17-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:45 PM #4917
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
Nice Mr. Charlie! It sounds like y'all are making progress.

Lots of folks at the field today. weather is cooling down and people were out in force. Lots of electros, LVs, CS2s, two DSR+s, a few M3s, one Geo 4, and a host of Luxes, a couple of AMPs two XTSs and one XDR. Add in about 100 rentals and it was a target rich environment. I used the Emek all day with a 45/45 and 100 round PALs hopper shooting paint that was boring in the .688 to .689 range ... HUGE! first time I had to break out a .691 back in a while. I tried to concentrate on the regulars/experienced folks with their own equipment and the Emek put in work. Never carried more than 4 100 round pods and a hopper onto the field and just had a stellar day.

That Emek is probably my favorite marker to use with rentals ... But I did burn through more paint than I normally do using a electro with a Tippmann gravity fed hopper.

PALs Emek is close to an electro with a force-fed hopper for me in the amount of paint that I shoot ... The Electro with a gravity fed hopper is more akin to playing pump for me. I shoot far less paint. Almost 1/2 as much.
I find myself blowing through more paint with these modern mechs than I do with my electros. They are just really fun to shoot fast.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 10-17-2021 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Edited to English
Old 10-17-2021, 06:57 PM #4918
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
My DSR+ shot like money again today! Played pretty well and I think our team for World Cup is getting better and starting to work together now. I’m anxious to see what the Cup layout will be. I’ve been playing mostly on Dorito Side and that’s where our coach wants me to play for Cup. Most of the other people on our team haven’t even played a tournament yet but we are practicing against D4-D3 teams/players and occasionally winning so I think things are looking pretty good!
I feel like we may be the same person, because that was my day as well (except I play back, and not Doritos). I’ll be playing with “Wrath” in D5 Xball as one of the D4 peeps on the team.

If you run across us, ask for Goldy!

In other news, I’ve borrowed a CS2, CSR, and Prime XTS from my teammates, under the guise of cleaning them in preparation for Cup (because nobody knows how to clean their own ****). I plan to do some kind of side-by-side comparisons between them all and the DSR+. We’ll see how it goes.

Old 10-18-2021, 06:37 AM #4919
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
If you want to strive to be analogous to a Japanese automaker, be Mazda.

They place a higher focus on soul, feel, ergonomics/layout and fun in general over the others.
New RX7 releasing tomorrow
Old 10-18-2021, 01:27 PM #4920
the other one
Goldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I heard the Paragon is releasing tomorrow, too.

Edit: Also, the link in your signature seems to go to lurkerpaintball.com, instead of lurkerpb.com.

Last edited by the other one : 10-18-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:25 PM #4921
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post

Edit: Also, the link in your signature seems to go to lurkerpaintball.com, instead of lurkerpb.com.
Ryan is a little....slow....

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
Old 10-18-2021, 03:32 PM #4922
ironyusa

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:

METHOD Development
Old 10-18-2021, 03:42 PM #4923
Mr. Charlie

Got my $40 Inception thumbscrew (with free Feedneck lol) for my DSR+ today. Works well!
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 10-18-2021, 08:06 PM #4924
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
BELOWZERO supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Quote:
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/smilie2.gif[/IMG]
So I should be putting away money? Lol

Indy Battleground Paintball
Freelancers
RIP Dan Voils
900-999-999
Old 10-19-2021, 10:08 PM #4925
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Lurker & tomorrow, there may be no more iconic pairing in PBN history.
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
Old 10-20-2021, 01:02 AM #4926
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
I’m bored and want to spend money. Have eyes on these:

1) Virtue Ace Luxe
I dig the milling. The pairing of the Spire 4 with the marker seems to give it almost this instantaneous response/shot.

2) Luxe TM40
I want to try out a regular TM40. Shrugs.

3) FLE Inception Designs Autococker ( full length ) with RIP Frame
Preferably in gloss black. Out of stock though. Just miss shooting a cocker and want a real workhorse again. That rip frame is looking better and better to me as well. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll get the frame separately since I have an old kryptonite body laying around. Plus I got a bunch of cover stuff from Ginger Dynamics.

This also makes more sense. The downtime and weather seems like the perfect time to start a project.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:03 AM #4927
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss
I have a rip frame on my inception cocker now and I think I might switch back to th slide. I usually like hinge frames more than slide frames, but the inception slide frame is just so good. I can definitely shoot the rip frame faster but there is just something about the slide that is more satisfying to shoot.

Old 10-20-2021, 07:21 AM #4928
imped4now
BTFU

Slide frames for life.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
Old 10-20-2021, 08:13 AM #4929
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Both inception frames are really nice in my opinion. The RIP pairs quiet nicely with the Retro/Extended Reach setups that Simon has been releasing lately.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:58 PM #4930
the other one
Goldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
I’m bored and want to spend money.
Find a marker you love, and have it anodized to your dream color scheme. Then at least you'll have something you already love (and plan on keeping for a long time) as something unique to you.

Old 10-20-2021, 10:37 PM #4931
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
BELOWZERO supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Slide frames for life.
Need to bring you my twister

Indy Battleground Paintball
Freelancers
RIP Dan Voils
900-999-999
Old 10-20-2021, 10:45 PM #4932
Bstealth

Ha Noa, I think I suffer from that same condition.
I put a deposit down on a Blue DSR+ but it’s been weeks waiting for that & have sold a few things. There’s money in my paintball account, lol.
A guy at the field was giving up the sport for a while to buy a house & was selling his gear bag with his backup gear too. It was an expensive one but I think it’s worth it. I kept telling myself to let it go but after a week he still had it & I ended up buying it.
The black TM40 with under 9k shots & a silver/ gold LV1.5 were too nice for me to let get away.
I played with the TM40 last week & it’s a great marker.
The field owner also got some DSR+’s in & let me play a couple of points with 1.
I was surprised at how quiet it is. I know everyone here has mentioned it but until I shot it for myself, I didn’t know what to expect.
Today, I think Imped talked a guy out of selling his gold/ black XTS for $500, which was the right thing to do, I guess but I would have jumped on that if it was still available. It sounded like it had a small problem that could have been easily fixed.
Imped, we’re you able to talk some sense into him or get his problem straightened out?
Old 10-21-2021, 12:02 AM #4933
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
I’m bored and want to spend money. Have eyes on these:

1) Virtue Ace Luxe
I dig the milling. The pairing of the Spire 4 with the marker seems to give it almost this instantaneous response/shot.

2) Luxe TM40
I want to try out a regular TM40. Shrugs.

3) FLE Inception Designs Autococker ( full length ) with RIP Frame
Preferably in gloss black. Out of stock though. Just miss shooting a cocker and want a real workhorse again. That rip frame is looking better and better to me as well. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll get the frame separately since I have an old kryptonite body laying around. Plus I got a bunch of cover stuff from Ginger Dynamics.

This also makes more sense. The downtime and weather seems like the perfect time to start a project.
The Spire IV Bluetooth pairing with my CS2 has actually been really nice. It is slightly gimmicky and not an enormous improvement over a loader with internal eyes, but it does work slightly better in some circumstances (you are really just using the eyes in the marker for activation). I noticed for example that when I am at aggressive loader angles with low paint it doesn't actuate the loader randomly like with systems that utilize eyes. The Bluetooth pairing compared to the Spire IV's standard accelerometer is also more consistent and does not agitate unnecessarily (extremely noticeable when I switch to my mech frame and lose that capability). I didn't initially buy the Spire IV or the CS2 Pro for that capability, but I have come to appreciate it and overall would choose it over anything else right now given the option.

An FLE cocker with RIP frame is the ultimate workhorse high-performance cocker IMO. While you can easily build one yourself with some knowledge, you may want the peace of mind of just having it built perfectly from Simon. Customer service has always been amazing as well. I think I have owned four of those FLE cockers at this point. If you get one, you may want to look into getting a Teflon Hard Anno if they still offer them.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 10-21-2021 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:55 AM #4934
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Goldy, I like that. I’m having a creativity problem though. I don’t know what I’d create. I’ll have to think more about that. Cheers dude.

B, we love toys. You’ve been getting really lucky finding these scores lately. An XTS for $500? I’d jump on that too. I’d like to hear more about your time with the TM40, and maybe how it compares to the AMP.

Stealthy, that’s kind of what I wanted to hear. I was also thinking the rip frame would be easier to shoot a lot of paint at a big mechanical event. Easier on the fingers if you can pull with two at a time. I asked Simon about the availability and it sounds like an unknown atm. Availability and keeping things in stock sounds like a challenge. Too bad.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:32 AM #4935
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
Today, I think Imped talked a guy out of selling his gold/ black XTS for $500, which was the right thing to do, I guess but I would have jumped on that if it was still available. It sounded like it had a small problem that could have been easily fixed.
Imped, we’re you able to talk some sense into him or get his problem straightened out?
For folks that didn't see, he was selling a gold w/black accents (quite nice looking) XTS for $500. His reasoning for the low price was 1) he swapped the trigger and now it wouldn't shoot and 2) he needed quick money to pay bills.

As for 1), I messaged him and told him the potential root causes for that issue, and as for 2), told him that if money was so tight that he needed to sell the marker immediately, perhaps he shouldn't be taking a $300-400 loss for something that would take minutes to diagnose and fix. I don't know if he got it fixed, but I gave him plenty of information to do so - he didn't seem particularly well versed in the basic flow of energy in a marker (seemed to struggle with what the board and solenoid actually do) so we'll see. But, I'd guess that he sold it to someone for $500.

Lurker27:
Closed Thread