Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2021, 11:15 AM #85
MrBarraclough

Tippmann 68 Special of uknown vintage but probably mid to late 80s. Serial number plate was already missing when I got it. Bought it used in 1994 and it looked like it'd been through several years of rough use already.

One possible clue to its age: the slot in the rear tube for the cocking arm was straight and not L-shaped, as in it did not have the small safety slot/notch at the rear where you could shift the cocking arm up to lock the hammer back. I have seen that on most other 68 Specials, so I wonder if that means mine was really early or really late production. The only way to put mine on "safe" was to manually decock it by holding the cocking arm while pulling the trigger to drop the sear and then gently easing the hammer forward.

Last used as a loaner/buddy gun around 97 or 98, it sits in a storage bin in my garage. Hammer still cocks and releases, but I haven't tried putting air through it in 20+ years.

Oldest piece of gear is probably a couple of JT Whippersnappers I got in a bundle of used gear in the mid-90s. Either those or the old Indian Springs hopper that came with the 68 Special.

Mr. Barraclough
MrBarraclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement