Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-29-2020, 04:17 PM #1
Sparda013

Tiberius T15 and T15 V2 Magazine issues

Ok, so, I have a T15, an old Tiberius T15, back before they became First Strike. Its given me years of faithful service, not broken a single ball of paint ever, surprisingly. But recently, Ive been using the new V2 T15 mags, the nice ones with the textured grip and the smoke tint, and Ive noticed a small amount of play inside the magazine well.

The magazine seats and locks in, but there is the slightest amount of back and forth movement and its enough to unseat the ball in the chamber and chop paint. Im wondering if anyone else has had any issues with this with either the old or new T15s and the V2 magazines.

This issue was not present when I was using the old V1 magazines, but my old ones are all trashed, hence why I bought the new V2s, and I would rather not buy new V1 magazines to run ops checks if I dont have to. Im wondering to myself...surely there could not be that much of a design difference between the V1 and V2 mags that it would cause enough play inside the magazine well to cause ball breaks, could it? I mean, could there be maybe the slightest difference in magazine width in the V2 magazines? Im not sure if they would seat better in the newer FS T15s vs the old Tiberius ones, but I dont have an FS T15 to test the fit. Im wondering if any veteran players out there who have used a Tiberius T15 with the new mags might have experienced similar issues.

My other theory is that years of usage has caused enough wear in my magazine well to create play, but Im not convinced that even several thousand magazine swaps would allow a plastic paintball magazine to wear down a solid aluminum magazine well, at least not to the extent that it would create enough of a gap to cause interference.

Im really hoping that I can find a cause and solution for this issue without having to buy a new First Strike T15, but also not having to go back to the V1 magazines, mostly cause they had feed issues and not being able to see my ammo in the mag has cost me more than a few times. No worse feeling than getting the drop on a player, then going to fire and getting a dry-fire cause your magazine is empty, then immediately getting shot by said player, all because you could not see how much you had in your mag.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sparda013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2020, 02:38 PM #2
ScottQ
lefty scissors

ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Most likely you will need to adjust your mag release. The old Tiberius Arms were a bit loosey goosey when it came to tolerances. If you believe your mag release is worn out, you can order a replacement. Its a quick and cheap replacement.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote