Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbryner10 View Post
What’s the best reg you guys have ever used? Was looking at the dye hyper 3
The hyper three on my 2008 proto still works if that says anything
Bjlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:17 AM #3
jestep

has been a member for 10 years
I've always liked the ANS GX2 although I've always felt it's really ugly, but with the options for gauges and the easy adjustment and locking it down, it's totally solid and very versatile.

My favorite ever is the AKA 2 liter and sidewinder. The 2 liter looks good on many markers, not all though, and IME it is the most consistent reg I've ever used. Neither are cheap but absolutely bomber products.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 02:55 PM #4
Sinister Kid
ATL mech/Xball wannabe

Sidewinders are great but new stock is sold out right now from the aka site so the used ones are sought after.
Sinister Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:39 PM #5
Menace_pbn

Menace_pbn is playing at Living Legends VII
There are lots of good regs out there (AKA, Inception, DYE, Planet, Bob Long, ANS, WGP, and tons more). And while it can be tempting to look for the 'ultimate' in terms of consistency and recharge rate, you also need to consider the fact that regs need to be rebuilt from time to time, which means the ability to get parts.

The choicest reg in the world is just a pointless hunk of metal if you can't rebuild it.

You also need to consider the fact that, assuming you don't have creep, and you have recharge time commensurate with your bps, you aren't really going to see much difference between a decent reg and an ultra, super-duper reg.

Paintballs are so inconsistent from one to another that a lot of the consistency of the really high end regs is kind of wasted on them.

Pick a decent one that looks good to you, is comfortable to your hands, fits your budget, and that you can get parts for. And then laugh along with people who sneer at your 'inferior' reg.

Cheers.

Last edited by Menace_pbn : 11-18-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Menace_pbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:05 PM #6
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
AA Messiah for me Never saw shootdown, not mater how fast I pushed them, and their output was amazingly stable.
Downside, if you buy one one, you're getting a paperweight. The teflon reg seats are unobtainable (unless you bought the last two "Team Kits" that were on sale years ago after AA closed hehehehehe ), and using an ANS reg seat is the worst option.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:23 PM #7
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantrepes View Post
AA Messiah for me Never saw shootdown, not mater how fast I pushed them, and their output was amazingly stable.
Downside, if you buy one one, you're getting a paperweight. The teflon reg seats are unobtainable (unless you bought the last two "Team Kits" that were on sale years ago after AA closed hehehehehe ), and using an ANS reg seat is the worst option.
Have you tried talking to Dan or Jon Colby at Immortal Air?
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:03 PM #8
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Have you tried talking to Dan or Jon Colby at Immortal Air?
Never tried because I didn't need them. Team kits came with something like 25 or 30 reg seats each, and since they last years as long as they are fed clean air, and not disassembled, I think I'm set for life at this point
Good potential resource for others though.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote