Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-30-2018, 04:39 PM #1
Armymutt2

Played for the first time since '99 today

It was short, but awesome! We had a work function at a local field. When I found out about it, I decided to pull my AT-85 out of storage. What poor storage I've kept it in, along with the Tippmann 98 and 68 Carbine. I found my scuba fill station in a drawer, pulled out my full AL80 with a hydro stamp of 09, hooked up my Smart Parts reg and bottle (with a date of 98), and opened the valve. It was air leak city. Every connection that has teflon tape or an o-ring was leaking. The gun worked for one pull of the trigger. Needless to say, it was a field gun for me. I'm going to have to try to get this old warhorse up and running. I think I've seen my velocity tool sometime in the past decade, just no idea where it is.

We used Tippmann Rentals, which appears to be a model now. Masks were provided by the field and were in black and lime green, as a way of marking teams. We used to use red and blue arm bands, if my memory is correct. I only got to play a couple of games because my son's day care called to tell me he needed to go home with a fever (ah, parenting).

It's been quite a while since I've been around a paintball forum. I guess WARPIG is dead? I've seen a couple of familiar names here - Doc (used to be nickel, right?) and Gumby.
Armymutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2018, 09:42 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Welcome back!

I'm a veteran of the old WARPIG Tech Talk forums as well, but I'm sad to say those are pretty much dead.
Doc Nickel is very much alive, though, and you can find him at MCarterBrown's forums as well as his own website where he runs a webcomic, among other things.

Good luck on getting that TS-1 running again!!
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:36 AM #3
DocsMachine
Yeah, I can make that.

has been a member for 10 years
I am indeed very much alive, still very much into the techy end of the biz, still fixing guns, etc.

In fact, I've been doing this as a full-time day job for 20 years, as of last July 1st.

Yep, I built a name and reputation on Tech Talk- and that was before Bill broke it into two boards, and then like eight or ten. I miss those days...

Doc.
(Confusing the hell out of nonplayers every Monday, Wednesday and Friday since 2002.)
NEW, too! The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:59 PM #4
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
My user name originated on WARPIG. I tied two very connected parts of my life together to form it.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:39 PM #5
The Shoggoth

I remember the old Warpig forums....used to be THE place to search out cocker trouble shooting tips.
The Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:49 PM #6
RGNY

right there with you! out for 25 years, then a work outing at a field 10min from my house that i didn't know existed.

almost every Saturday / Sunday now.
RGNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:29 AM #7
CAOL_98
Blessed by grace!

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CAOL_98 supports Ninja Paintball
I canít even imagine what it would be like to just get back in now after a 20 year hiatus! I started playing in high school in 1997 and took a 3 year hiatus...I remember picking up a new paintball magazine (action games I believe) and looking through the gear again...I was so lost! So much had changed! One of good friends, that was just a freshman in high school at the time I was getting back in, was talking to one of his buddies about impulses and other electros...I thought it was pretty ridiculous...I didnít think anything could ever compete with my Ď97 right feed autococker! Plus why would you want a battery driven gun? How stupid was that!?
Sometime in the summer of 2003-2004 I started work with a kid who played on a local speedball team. He really opened my eyes to electros and speedball/tournament paintball in general. I started with a dye double finger swing trigger, a new delrin bolt and an 18Ē dye Ultralite for my autococker and I found a great deal on a clear jt proteus....from there it just exploded, particularly in 2005-2006...now Iím a full on speedball/electro junkie, and kind of like the era you grew up in, that was kind of my most impressionable era of paintball...so I tend to lean more towards that gen of guns and gear (timmys, shockers, halos, etc.)
Anyways I just wanted to say welcome back to this wild world and I hope you will still find that person at heart that fell in love with paintball regardless of what the gear avaliable is. Itís sad to know that a period in time is over and sometimes I feel like Iím just grasping to keep it alive...but at its core it is still the same game, filled with the same type of people, regardless of age! Still nothing better then to see some new guy come to the field and at the end theyíre wide eyed reliving all of the highlights of the day and ready to come back for the next outing! In fact that might just happen today after we play at a local field! Canít wait!
Loved your story and this thread! Brought me back to a flood of good memories!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote