Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-22-2020, 08:33 PM #1
Bushwhacked

Output Pressure for Gtek 170r

Sorry if this question has been beaten to death, but I just bought a new gtek 170r and ninja SL2 with the Pro V2 UL Regulator. Default output pressure on the tank is 800 psi, but wondering if I should take the shims out to reduce the output pressure down to 450 psi.

I've never messed with tank settings before for any marker. What are the pros and cons of higher vs lower output pressures?

Thanks for any help.
Bushwhacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2020, 11:17 PM #2
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwhacked View Post
Sorry if this question has been beaten to death, but I just bought a new gtek 170r and ninja SL2 with the Pro V2 UL Regulator. Default output pressure on the tank is 800 psi, but wondering if I should take the shims out to reduce the output pressure down to 450 psi.

I've never messed with tank settings before for any marker. What are the pros and cons of higher vs lower output pressures?

Thanks for any help.
The Gtek 170R runs just fine from 250-800 psi. It is pretty straight forward to change the shims but if you aren't familiar, I probably wouldn't mess with it.

Source: https://planeteclipse.com/kb/guides/...tput-pressures

One thing that isn't a bad investment for your tool kit is an output pressure tester to make sure that your tank is indeed outputing 800 psi. Tanks can creep up in pressure as components wear out which can cause issues and a lot of people are just none the wiser. You can make your own off of an ASA/gauge/plug or find some pre-built online.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 05-22-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:32 AM #3
brock_averill
Ill Factor

has been a member for 10 years
brock_averill owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
If you feel you can reduce the pressure of your tank safely, I would recommend it.

Please make sure the tank is empty before you attempt it!

Having a lower input pressure will make activating the POPS easier and will reduce unnecessary wear and tear on your HPR. It may also increase your efficiency slightly although it probably wouldn’t be noticeable.
brock_averill is offline   Reply With Quote