PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2020, 04:30 PM #2311
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I have pretty much stopped buying anything over about $300-400. Guns in that price range are so good these days even brand new that I just can't justify it.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2020, 09:06 PM #2312
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Loved my x
Shot ppl in the face
Not much else to say...
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:19 AM #2313
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I have pretty much stopped buying anything over about $300-400. Guns in that price range are so good these days even brand new that I just can't justify it.
I've always been a value type paintball player. The most expensive stuff I've ever bought was a brand new LV1 and a brand new Ninja SL 90 without team discounts. Other than that everything is used and a few years old or discounted through teams.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:20 AM #2314
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Nice M3 Apex!

I'll admit, while I don't always think about my M3, it remains one of my favorite current markers. Both the M3 and DSR are in my top 5 currently available markers. The other three are PE ... guess I'm turning into more and more of a PE fan.

The reason for that I believe mirrors the thought of Noa. When I go to play, I want something that is going to work and work well. I want to enjoy my day, not tech my markers.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:46 AM #2315
k1rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
Nice M3 Apex!

I'll admit, while I don't always think about my M3, it remains one of my favorite current markers. Both the M3 and DSR are in my top 5 currently available markers. The other three are PE ... guess I'm turning into more and more of a PE fan.

The reason for that I believe mirrors the thought of Noa. When I go to play, I want something that is going to work and work well. I want to enjoy my day, not tech my markers.
I agree 100%

I really wouldn't recommend anything other than DYE (thank God and John they got their act together) and PE

I'm a bit of a technical idiot so stuff like the gamma core and arc bolt are perfect for me and I can whole heartedly recommend them to new players

Not saying there are not other decent options (Mac dev stuff for one) but I don't have the same bulletproof faith in the competition.
k1rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:51 PM #2316
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rage View Post
I really wouldn't recommend anything other than DYE (thank God and John they got their act together)
Heh, John thanks God for everything too, but I'm glad you're happy with the designs.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:13 PM #2317
k1rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rage View Post
I really wouldn't recommend anything other than DYE (thank God and John they got their act together)
Heh, John thanks God for everything too, but I'm glad you're happy with the designs. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Ok now spill the DSR 2 secrets!

Lol
Old 05-20-2020, 02:34 PM #2318
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
DSR 2 secrets...? Due to the season being killed, I can't imagine it happens any time soon. Several seemingly small changed to the engine that have pretty decent returns and some other details that should fix minor complaints. I'm happy with the direction.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:59 PM #2319
k1rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
DSR 2 secrets...? Due to the season being killed, I can't imagine it happens any time soon. Several seemingly small changed to the engine that have pretty decent returns and some other details that should fix minor complaints. I'm happy with the direction.
Thank you!

That was kinda my understanding of what they were/are doing

Very excited
Old 05-20-2020, 09:09 PM #2320
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Grats on the M3 Apex, it is a beauty.

DSR 2.... mmm...

To kind of add to Kevinís post.. I enjoy wrenching on my machines at home during the week leading up to a session. Iíve always got air and paint to test any changes Iíve implemented. Imped and I are constantly chatting back and forth. Heíll suggest a new setting, tweak, or something else, and Iíll try it and report back to him. I go through phases with guns, and when I like a certain gun, Iíll get a duplicate ( usually ). But techín and wrenching during the week has led to a phenomenal track record of keeping me away from the tech bench at the field and well, keeping me on the field playing.

That doesnít always work though and every great once in a while I will have a setup fail. Sometimes itís something as simple as a dead battery or on a more rare occasion a part failure. Thatís also the reason why I bring multiple guns to the field with me. When one goes down I can reach back into the trunk of my car and pull out the next setup. If I drive to the field to play, thatís what Iím going to do. A session of about 3 to 5 hours of just being a big kid and just playing

Unofficial current top 5
Kind of difficult to choose without having the sternest of tests available, a good ole tournament, but hereís mine:
-Prime XTS
-DSR
-M170r
-M3+
-CS2PRO

Heads up for me- Via Ryan Podesta from Gunfightersports.com, I have a midnight Clone 5s on the way. I was reminded of how good the Clone shot with my modified version and theyíre priced pretty cheap for brand new, and I always wanted an all black one. Pretty stoked knowing what I know now to keep it running on all cylinders. Plus it has the Prime solenoid now. Also I requested the C5 drive.
-DBS Outdoor Paintball Park [ Ninjaball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:43 PM #2321
Mr. Stealthy

The ID FLE Emek body is really awesome in case any of you were curious. It was way smaller/shorted than I expected and completely changes the feel of the gun (in a good way). Posted a few pics in the news section.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:30 PM #2322
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Looks good, Stealth. Hoping PBsports got their run and are shipping them so I can get mine. What’s the story on that barrel? Also interested to hear your thoughts on how it feels vs old.

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Old 05-21-2020, 08:39 PM #2323
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Looks good, Stealth. Hoping PBsports got their run and are shipping them so I can get mine. What’s the story on that barrel? Also interested to hear your thoughts on how it feels vs old.
The barrel is a Lapco Tightstick from PumpPB. They came out with another batch of them along with a 10 inch a little while ago. Pretty unique as they come in small bore options and have a lot more porting that you will find on the other Lapco barrels. They are also a step bore one piece barrel and have a really nice finish/honing. The length might seem a bit straight at 10 inches but I actually prefer the super short length for everything outside of airball. It just gets the barrel out if the way and allows me to quickly move all around a bunker easily.

The weight saving is definitely noticeable, but I think the biggest reason to get this is the height/width profile difference. The weight is brought down very close to the frame and makes it feel very nimble.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 05-21-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:26 PM #2324
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Digging it Stealth. Sounds like a true workhorse. Any difference in sound signature? Louder or quieter?

2020 Setup:
Old 05-22-2020, 02:01 PM #2325
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Digging it Stealth. Sounds like a true workhorse. Any difference in sound signature? Louder or quieter?
With the barrel? It is a little louder than my Stella or UL-S but not terrible. The shorter barrels in general are a bit poppier. Ive never really been able to get away with missing with any of them and staying undetected on the field with the players I've been playing with lately. A bunch of them are old stock class tournament players and are very hard to sneak up on and are in fact generally busy sneaking up on me.

FLE obviously has no impact in sound.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:03 PM #2326
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
I've got a 14" .684 Tightstick. Pretty neat barrels.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:24 PM #2327
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I've got a 14" .684 Tightstick. Pretty neat barrels.
Right? I have a 3 piece kit in the 10 inch: .681, .684, .687. I wanted a matching .678 but they sold out.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:14 PM #2328
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

Annual Supporting Member
Played today, took out my m170r for most of the day, what a great marker, really enjoyed it and no issues at all. I still store it with the bolt slightly forward though.

I was mostly playing with rentals so I only brought out the Geo IV towards the end of the day for a couple games. The Geo really is everything I want in a PE marker, love it.

I may, MAY, look for an LV1.6, but maybe three is a crowd.
WldWzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:11 PM #2329
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
^Having three great electros is kinda a crowd, you don’t want one to feel left out...

I still try and rotate through mine but I gotta say that I find myself enjoying the M3s+ the most followed by my M2 and then the DSR (just bc of the spacing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexEight View Post
Well that escalated quickly lol. Noa, it's ****ty that yours have had issues. That's BS.

I've never played with an X, I've only held and briefly shot them, and one Ice. To me, they both felt surprisingly good in the hands. Not my favorite ergo and layout/feel, but I could get used to it. Ice shot felt super lazy to me, but it was kinda fun like my V16 Squish was. The first X I shot was honestly the loudest modern paintball gun I've ever shot. Felt like the bolt was smacking tf out of the ball with a loud CLACK. Second one I shot wasn't as bad. Definitely prefer the Gammas I've shot over them. Cool guns, just not for me. I also think them copying the Gamma is pretty lame.

Got my M3+ in on Saturday. Initial impressions were positive, but I wasn't like blown away. At this point, I don't think upgrading paintball guns does a whole lot for me. Like yeah, the thing is sexy and awesome, but it's just a paintball gun. As long as it shoots like it should and doesn't give me any problems while I enjoy playing this crazy sport, I'm happy. It's the little cherries on top that make me cough up the extra dough for something like this. Aired up out of the box and shot well. Felt kind of Gamma-like imo. Quick, snappy, smooth, responsive. I was content with my purchase. Only had about 6,500 shots. Got a spare rear grip because the one it came with was torn, of course, and installed the S manifold last night... Barely.

First attempt I took my time, watched Dye Tech Matt's video, was gentle with everything and lubed properly. First air up (after putting the grips back on, FML), leaks. Sound like it's coming from the trigger frame but I'm not sure. Re-lube the bolt. Still leaks.

Tear the gun back down to the noid, inspect, re-lube, all looks well, reassemble and air up before putting the grips back on. Still leaks. Starting to get ticked off but refuse to go to bed with my new shiny expensive space gun not working properly.

Open the noid back up again and this time decide to use the noid spool from my + housing. Throw it back together, voila, no leaks. Fire off one test shot, sounds good, still no leaks, go to bed, relieved.

Just put half a pod through it over lunch and it's shooting titties.

You can tell the sound difference between my first video (+ mani) and the second (S mani). The air exhausting with less restriction makes a different noise. Don't think I noticed a shot quality difference but my stream seems steadier? Probably just from getting used to shooting the gun. But if it provides a bit more cycling reliability, I'm happy, and the mani was cheap.

I love it. Very happy. Awesome marker. Super sexy. Can't wait to play with it. 👍

https://youtu.be/B8VNh7UMkp8

https://youtu.be/5Q4v4Ngwptc
Nice M3+!

It’s about time you listened to me lol... J/K.

Is that the all Gray or Pewter colorway?

You should give the stock UL-S Barrel a try if the Paint you get fits. You may find an improvement over the Freak.

I played today but with my Limited Edition M2. It was raining a little towards the end of the day but I did make the Board water-resistant so I wasn’t worried at all. It performed perfectly and I did pretty well myself considering I haven’t played in a bit.

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 05-24-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:44 PM #2330
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Played today ( what a good day too ) and mainly used the Clone Infinity. Insane... it was so good it was insane. I let my teammate try it and he was blown away at how accurate it shot. And this is with GI Field paint. I’ll update this post again later, got a bbq to go to.

2020 Setup:
Old 05-24-2020, 06:04 PM #2331
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WldWzl View Post
I may, MAY, look for an LV1.6, but maybe three is a crowd.
Actually got to shoot one today. It was stupid smooth, not sure what the settings were but it shot very nice. Had a few friends actually say they'd shoot it over the GEO4 and a lot of those guys loved the 3.5.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote