Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2020, 12:52 PM #1
Relyc

VS2 or RSX

I'm looking to add to my collection of Spyders and I wanted to see if there were still any Spyder buffs out there and their opinions on the VS2 and RSX. I mostly still use the older generation Spyders on the field, and I was hoping for some personal experience on either the VS2 or RSX. Thanks for your time!
Relyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2020, 04:58 PM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

has been a member for 10 years
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
Basically, same gun but the RSX is the upgraded version and Black

The bolt, striker, balance valve and springs are both the same. The RSX was upgraded to a inline grip regulator and on/off ASA, where VS2 and 3 used a bottomline combo reg and on/ff that underperformed. The second upgrade that the RS and RSX got was a upgraded able tadao board.

As far as availability, VS2/3 were more common, Its been a while since i've seen the RS/X up for grabs.

"Originally posted by E99_Curt: Shouldn't you be busy making a marker?
"
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:03 PM #3
Relyc

Hey thanks for all the great information, I'll keep that in mind!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:53 AM #4
YaBoiGotTheBalls

Ive made it a mission to collect any vs series and rs/x i can find lol, doing well too! If you have a choice between the too id recommend the rsx for pretty much the reason stated above, however, im a big fan of the stock vs2 trigger. Keep is updated with what you do!
YaBoiGotTheBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:33 PM #5
Relyc

Well, I'm going to have to go with the VS2 for now because I can't seem to find any RSX at the moment. Let me know if you find any RSX up for sale and I'd gladly buy it to compare them both. I'll let you know how I like the VS2 once I get a chance to put some paint through it.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:16 AM #6
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoiGotTheBalls View Post
I im a big fan of the stock vs2 trigger. Keep is updated with what you do!
I've never been a fan of the newer Rake style triggers all the newer guns adopted like the RSX used. The VS2 has a nice idk wave ? style. Little bit of work to get it working mint but they are more my speed.

Magnet mod return, shim the side play with thin washer made of delrin or copper. I'd polish or atleat get a smooth finish but that is more taste, and if you really want you can buy small bearings and press drill and press one in. I wish I could find a picture, but I actually modded an ACS trigger off the VS2 for an e-frame and it turned out really nice.

All that said I've only ran sundragon MR triggers in most of my spyders. They fit tight, pulled smooth, you lost an adjustment point but back then I ran my CO2 rig and hit about 12.5 bps pretty easy. I knew back then I could pull atleast that fast because the gun would freeze up. Part of the reason i threw the tadao board in my VS was just to run a ramp mode @ 10bps when it got cold or rain.

who else even made triggers, CP had 2 designs and I want to say warrior?

"

Last edited by ferret15 : 05-03-2020 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:19 AM #7
Relyc

So, currently I added a VS2 and RS to my collection, I'm still keeping an eye out for a RSX. I've done the typical rebuild on them in terms of O-ring replacement and proper maintenance, but I tell ya, the VS2 I got online came with a lot of upgrades already, I could use your guys help telling me if they are worthwhile. I'll upload a picture and description later today when I get a chance.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:05 AM #8
YaBoiGotTheBalls

Ferret, i dont know how to quote else i would, but kingman called it the "infinity or infiniti" trigger, and to be honest it does feel a lot better, when talking about stock triggers, than the rsx in my collection. If im being honest though the VS1 once adjusted has a really nice feeling trigger too!

Ill keep an eye out for an rsx for you buddy, i was surprised to find one for myself a little while back, the stock tadao board they come with is pretty slick. Looking forward to seeing you post your gun!
YaBoiGotTheBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:19 AM #9
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relyc View Post
I could use your guys help telling me if they are worthwhile. I'll upload a picture and description later today when I get a chance.
sounds sick. I honestly can't wait to see, Post as many pics as you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoiGotTheBalls View Post
Ferret, i dont know how to quote else i would
I'm usually posting on the pc, easy enough to quote, not so sure on a phone.

Funny enough, I not only had the most bouncy VS1 trigger, but had nothing but problems. mine was cursed because the VS2 i moved onto later was modded to hell and back and I can't remember it giving me any problems.

"
Old 05-25-2020, 09:04 AM #10
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 supports Ninja Paintball
The VS2 trigger was probably my favorite out of all the triggers made for the series. There was one however. I can't remember the name or who sold it, but it was a custom delrin scythe trigger with fully adjustable points. Now that was smooth, but it was custom made by a user here.

Damn I wish I could remember. It's been so long.

I'm currently working on an old project. I have an AMG with VS2 internals.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote