Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-31-2019, 11:23 PM #1
FL_Baller

Firing NERF Darts from a 50 Cal Paintball Marker

Has anyone fired a NERF Dart from a 50 cal paintball marker? How far does it go? This would be shot at a tank, not a player.

I play scenario paintball with tanks. Tanks can only be killed by a designated "anti-tank" weapon, often firing large NERF Rockets. I am looking for a simpler alternative, so I was thinking of using a regular 50 cal Paintball marker to shot a NERF dart as an anti-tank weapon.

Patent Attorney
Palm Beach County, Florida
FL_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2019, 09:16 PM #2
the plague
dominion kids

the plague is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I loaded one in my dye m2 for fun with my nephews. I shot that ****er in my apartment and it hit the kitchen cabinet door so hard it closed it. Problem is it basically destroys and rips up the dart from all the air escaping. I think if you put ports for the air to release it might survive, but not go as crazy hard.

I saw this, and it might be what you need. Basically shows you how to make your own giant nerf darts. Like I was saying you may need to drill some ports so it doesn't blow up the sides of the material from all the air velocity. This might be the solution you were looking for, just need to get the right size.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-NERF-Darts/
Old 12-04-2019, 07:22 PM #3
PBZ

PBZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBZ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
played with a couple darts with a friend in a regular 68 cal barrel years ago. the internal space expands as the dart leaves the barrel and shreds the back of dart. pretty sure it would just do the same out of 50 cal barrel.

If you need nerf darts to fly like FSR, try looking up the homemade rounds on NerfHaven. We played with safety glasses and honestly it felt like playing with 50 cal paintball. We capped our (mostly homemade) blasters at 250-300 fps depending on the event.
The general rundown is 1/2 inch foam backer rod, with a sticky felt pad and a #6 washer hotglued to the end. It sounds stupid, but it has been proven safe over the last decade of using them. And they shoot like lasers.
If you want to get crazy, go ahead and just buy or make one of the many, many blasters on the site there. Keep an eye out for anything "Captain Slug" has designed. His designs are usually some of the most rugged, easy to use, and you can actually find some of them on ebay and constantly for sale on NH.
PBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:48 PM #4
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

has been a member for 10 years
ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My son and I have done it. It works without damaging the dart, but they don't fly as far as nerf rockets.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:34 PM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:47 AM #6
aperture3dsocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Excellent work, I would hope that half darts would be more consistent. Both in flight and fps.
aperture3dsocal is offline   Reply With Quote