Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-21-2020, 03:24 PM #1
OC Rebel
The King is Back

has been a member for 10 years
Just Moved full time to ATL - Looking to get back into regular play

Hey all,

Been a minute since I've been on the field or on the forums actively but looking to kick back into gear. Would love to get with a regular group to play with / possibly get into some tournaments with down the road since i'm basically solo down here in Atlanta. If anyone has suggestions or wants to link up inside or outside of paintball i'm game.
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2020, 07:31 PM #2
Nor Cal Shocker
I really don't care....

Nor Cal Shocker is a Supporting Member
Get to Nitro in Canton! That's your best bet. Many great teams play out of their on Sunday's and some great rec play as well. The ownership is the best around. When I got back into playing again a couple of years back, this is where I went and been the best part of coming back into the sport after a 9 year layoff, so I know where you're coming from. Hope this helps.
Nor Cal Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:59 PM #3
tremorcontrol
NITRO CAMP

tremorcontrol plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Shocker View Post
Get to Nitro in Canton! That's your best bet. Many great teams play out of their on Sunday's and some great rec play as well. The ownership is the best around. When I got back into playing again a couple of years back, this is where I went and been the best part of coming back into the sport after a 9 year layoff, so I know where you're coming from. Hope this helps.
I second Nitro. I've been out of it due to school and just being generally busy, but when I get back into playing that's where I'll be as well. Incredible field. Mario is the absolute man and there are a lot of teams out of there
tremorcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:24 PM #4
austinrussell

Classic is closer if you really are in Atlanta. Plenty of people play speedball there.
austinrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:10 PM #5
Koldblooded

I'm in Atlanta area. Just got into the sport and definitely leaning towards magfed. Haven't been to nitro but it might be where I call home since classic is lacking in that area
Koldblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:53 PM #6
006blackjack
cream

What paint are yall using at Nitro? I'm heading out this weekend and trying to figure out whats been breaking good and flying straight.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:55 PM #7
talldude175
Scott Jackson

talldude175 plays in the PSP
talldude175 posts videos on PbNation
talldude175 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Rebel View Post
Hey all,

Been a minute since I've been on the field or on the forums actively but looking to kick back into gear. Would love to get with a regular group to play with / possibly get into some tournaments with down the road since i'm basically solo down here in Atlanta. If anyone has suggestions or wants to link up inside or outside of paintball i'm game.
I moved to Buckhead about a year ago and am wanting to get back into paintball. Did you ever give any of the fields a shot? I'm also wondering how they're handling things given COVID and all that.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:32 PM #8
jbmuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldude175 View Post
I moved to Buckhead about a year ago and am wanting to get back into paintball. Did you ever give any of the fields a shot? I'm also wondering how they're handling things given COVID and all that.
if you're looking to play airball then you can't beat sundays at nitro. you can just walk on for points, (almost) everyone's friendly.
jbmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:51 AM #9
Jmoney$

I'm just getting back into it- live in the metro area. Just ordered new gear, so I'll be heading out to Nitro in a couple weeks. Let me know if you want to meet up.
Jmoney$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:10 PM #10
LotusElise

LotusElise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Honestly, I loved Nitro back when I was going there Sunday mornings for speedball practice. However after getting away and then coming back to paintball I played there for a low key day in the woods and did not have a good time. The refs we're great, the people were great, the fields we're great, but I got so mad and frustrated because I learned they had the absolute stupidest rule for woodsball AFTER I paid for my field/paint. Rule #14: gun hits don't count. I didn't know that was a rule until after a player refused to go out when I shot him on the hopper, over and over again. I was so frustrated I don't want to go back.

Don't believe me? Rule #14: https://nitropaintballga.com/safetyandrules
I won't go back for woodsball. This is not a knock against anyone there, but that rule is terrible in my opinion.
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:52 PM #11
Lazarus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusElise View Post
Honestly, I loved Nitro back when I was going there Sunday mornings for speedball practice. However after getting away and then coming back to paintball I played there for a low key day in the woods and did not have a good time. The refs we're great, the people were great, the fields we're great, but I got so mad and frustrated because I learned they had the absolute stupidest rule for woodsball AFTER I paid for my field/paint. Rule #14: gun hits don't count. I didn't know that was a rule until after a player refused to go out when I shot him on the hopper, over and over again. I was so frustrated I don't want to go back.

Don't believe me? Rule #14: https://nitropaintballga.com/safetyandrules
I won't go back for woodsball. This is not a knock against anyone there, but that rule is terrible in my opinion.
this is a pretty common rule. why do you not like it so much, that you'd quit going to most popular field in georgia?
Lazarus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:37 PM #12
LotusElise

LotusElise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'll quit any field with that rule. I quit it because it's extraordinarilly frustrating to hit what would otherwise be a great shot because someone's hopper or barrel is peeking out only for them to keep playing. Or worse, you're in a battle with someone and you nail their hopper. If I'm playing recball/woodsball, I often play mech/pump, and when an actual doesn't, especially when you're playing pump, it's outright maddening. Lets face it, if you're playing right and playing tight, gun hits are the most likely spot to be hit.

Also, I don't see it as a common rule. The other fields I've played at did not have it. Back when Carnage and Dosserworks were fields, they didn't have it. Classic doesn't have. Paintball Atlanta doesn't have it. Wildfire doesn't have it. In fact, I've never actually encountered it anywhere except Nitro, and it was a huge negative surprise because back when I was on a team I played speedball at Nitro for years and had a blast.

Last edited by LotusElise : 09-09-2020 at 08:46 PM.
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:16 PM #13
dusenole23

New to the area, where’s everyone playing? Still good turnout with COVID?
dusenole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:45 AM #14
SynysterPB
dirtydanpb.com

is playing at Living Legends XI
SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusenole23 View Post
New to the area, where’s everyone playing? Still good turnout with COVID?
Hoppers for sure, Open practice with GA Xtreme on sundays and big recball groups saturday. https://www.hoppersga.com/

**WTB/WTT for a Alien Revelation, If you have one or have a possible lead on one please PM me!**
SynysterPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:27 PM #15
Adamchay

Moved to Atlanta last year. Getting back into the sport. Just ordered my marker the other day.

Played at classic last weekend. Good group of folks out there. But the super annoying thing at classic is how unorganized it is. All the refs are kids who don’t have a clue and stand around for insane amounts of time before starting up another game. Most the games we played were unlimited respawns too which sort of negates the whole idea. I would go back, had a great time and I’m sure I won’t be so annoyed now that I know what to expect from that field. They don’t have woodsball though. And I would also like to get into more serious play. Not just a bunch of people running and gunning. Again it was a blast! Hell my gf got so into she raised the flag for the win in a game of ctf.

Anyways. I would like to get together with a good group once my marker gets here. Hope to get into some good woodsball and scenario play.

Let me know if any of y’all want to link up!

I’m also super into modding cars so that route works as well, hit up a local car meet 😅

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adamchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:58 PM #16
speed_GA

speed_GA is a founding member
speed_GA owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
speed_GA plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchay View Post

Anyways. I would like to get together with a good group once my marker gets here. Hope to get into some good woodsball and scenario play.
You may want to try out Dan's Land. They have a good group on fb as well to gauge the interest of players coming out for upcoming weekend play. Look for a group called "Game Day at Dan's Land Paintball"