Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2020, 10:21 PM #1
Ghost613

First Strike: Certification?

Many fields in Eastern Canada are quite apprehensive in using FSRs due to their improper use (ie: used vs walkons or used in CQB). Actually, the apprehension comes mostly from insurance companies that are putting pressure on fields to discontinue their use.

With that said, if you are reading this, you are most likely a responsible operator with ethical morals. Unfortunately, it just takes a bad apple to ruin it for us all.

To help ease field owners and their insurance companies, perhaps First Strike would consider having some sort of certification demonstrating proper use of their rounds. There will always be bad apples but at least this certification would help weed them out. Certified players would received a small patch and/or card which would show field owners and other operators they are responsible players and their safety is their utmost priority.

I am not sure how it works in the States but in Canada, in order to own a registered firearm, you need to follow a course (and pass) in order to be certified and acquire your firearm. Why not replicate what already exist?

Personally, knowing operators using FSRs are certified, I am more likely to play on that field than one that isn't.

Chances are I am not the only one who thought of this so if this already exist, please share. Even if it means I need to pay for it, sign me up!
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2020, 11:35 PM #2
ghost_sniper

Things might work a little differently by region. I'm in the NY/NJ most fields split the walk-ons by skill/equipment. You're suppose to surrender players once you get 10'-15' no matter the gun or round being used. That being said, if you are experienced expect to get shot point blank, expect to get hit by 5+ balls from people walking their triggers, expect bruises, expect maybe a cut from the shells.

As for CQB, its "close". You're going to get shoot point blank.

I personally like woodsball to hunt and stalk people but I expect it all. As long as I don't get shot once my hand goes up I'm good with it all.
ghost_sniper is offline   Reply With Quote